Starcraft 2!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
The game is released in a week (July 27th!). I've had the pleasure of playing the beta quite thoroughly. Although I'll never forget my love for Starcraft 1 and I'll probably never believe Starcraft 2 is better, I do believe it's definitely worth getting. You might be interested in the 1v1 ladder scene to play competitively, you may like team games working with friends or partners. There's also an EPIC map editor if you like to create maps with triggers and awesome stuff, or just play them. And don't forget the campaign.

Who's getting it?! I'd love to play with some of you :D

Edit:

http://beta-us.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase#footer

For those of you who want to purchase a digital copy, that will get you started. Top right to change from USA version to wherever you're from.

tomtree

Head Gardener
I pre-ordered it some time ago and played the beta; can't wait!!!! After it got my head arround it (didn't really play sc1) I loved the beta, and I reckone the single player will be great too! (at leastit certainly better be given how long it's taken then to make it!).

Angela

Harvester
Im looking into getting it, trying to decide if i will like it or not!

Alvestein

Garden Designer
just watched the trailers and caught up on the storyline. now i wanna get it :/

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Er, the general idea of the game is the same, a few of the units are the same but most of it is different.

tomtree

Head Gardener
anyone got it yet?! the release date is tomorrow but sometimes amazon and other places dispatch it early. i saw a parcel from amazon outside my door this morning and was so excited!!! only to then find that it wasnt for me... :(

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
servers wont go up until its time though, doubt you'll even be able to play the campaign if it came early :p cant wait though!!

tomtree

Head Gardener
yeh, i suppose you're right... though i cant wait!!! spent my life on the beta; was soooo good! what i loved most was playing 2v2 online with one of my mates. we definately need to get a group of bush players together and get some matches going!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Sadly we'll be on different servers so I probably won't be able to play with any of you :( (I'm american)

Alvestein

Garden Designer
you can mix it up on battle.net. theres nothing stopping you from making an account on all the servers :p and im sure they'll probably have like an international server or something similar.

tomtree

Head Gardener
yeh, im sure they must have an international server or something?! i mean online play is one of the biggest parts of starcraft so surely they won't make it so you can only play people in the same region as you?!

Angela

Harvester
yeh, im sure they must have an international server or something?! i mean online play is one of the biggest parts of starcraft so surely they won't make it so you can only play people in the same region as you?!

They do in WoW i cant see it being any different for starcraft 2

Alvestein

Garden Designer
and you can move between regions on wc3 b.net so i doubt it'll be a problem.

Souls

Official Helper
Battle.Net has had a huge overhaul, Hiuey. It won't be quite the same. :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

They do in WoW i cant see it being any different for starcraft 2

you can only play with people from the same place as you on WoW? It sucks even worse than i thought it did...