Spike traps vs Stealth theives

Cant find enough info on this...

Please can someone explain the benefits/weaknesses of each branch?

(Specific to an active,hostile *incoming & outgoing* solo)

Many thanks

flameharvester

Head Gardener
I dont have much experience with SO however,

Spike traps are immobile, meaning they can only be used on defense.
Stealth theives allow you to send a pure stealth mob at a target as oppossed to having your geos being visible.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Spikes are useless when you have an overwhelming mob attacking you and you need to send out, meaning they will in effect just die, however if solo, spikes and gas traps are a useful combination expecially against flak (not CG). Spikes are a backup to gas traps whereas Stealth Thieves can be used as a pure stealth attacking mob with SA and Assassins and been seen as a decoy (ninjas)...people send out thinking you've sent ninjas and grab free land.

Spikes are defensive, Stealth Thieves are for attack

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If you're solo go with the spikes, if you're allied go with stealth thieves.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
sending attacks with pure stealth might be fun, though!

for me, massing traps isn't such a good idea. last round, i killed so many traps (it's rare to see spikes, though) and gained quite a bit of h/f for doing so. my targets sent out and 2 ticks of free kill. i didn't have to worry about not having any troops to kill (whether targets being online or offline) and traps were my favourite targets for easy h/f. :X i feel spike traps are too expensive to invest. if you are a very active solo and can always LT your incs, then buying up at the last second would be nasty and fun. but having traps at normal times feels like a waste to me. (SGTs are cheap, so, don't feel as much of a waste as spikes.)

i think i'd prefer going for stealth thieves and take care of incs with buying more SGTs and *basics (hippy/yob)* for LT.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Stealth geos are the way to go. With stealth LETs, harvs and geos it is possible to send full-stealth land grabs, and they add an extra tactical possibility for your attacking.

I don't like spikes simply because they get killed all the time. They can be fun to buy up on last tick to annoy your attacker, but that's pretty much their only use, and it is still a waste of money imo.

Stealth gards are by far the most useless development in the game, and I would advise everyone to avoid them. They suck.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
C+P from Helper Section, message I sent recently;

Depends how you wish to play, most competative players choose Stealth Thieves, I personally always choose them.
The benefit of Spikes is early on as a shere deterant to hold on to land but later in the round they will be useless because Sleeps and Yob combo is far more cost effective at stopping flak, and you have SAs (I assume as you had the P-Unit last round) to kill anyway.
Stealth-Gards are pretty useless, purely because they cost so much and them being stealth doesn't offer any tactical benefit.

Stealth Thieves are good because in stealth attacks you can hide some in your mobs as Ninjas reveal ETA 2 anyway.
You can also generally land if people run and can also sneak in if they have nothing that targets INN.

To summarise Spikes are useful for a few days and then the rest of the round pretty useless.
Stealth Gards are totally useless.
Stealth-Thieves offer you the ability to steal land if someone runs from you, if not you kill them....

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
competitive* sheer* deterrent* You're **** at this*

Last edited: