Slg / yob

Hi there again

Quick question..

I realise the slg are the flak killers and yobs are the sweepers,but what ratios do you use them with?And then again the same ratio later but replacing the yobs with cloners for later?

Is it the usual hip/yob of 5:1?

Many thanks

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
ill try to be as thorough as i can. sorry if its too much info. in short dont use ratios for stopping flak. use expected incoming. to explain further see below:

slg..im assuming is sleeping gas traps? as you also mention cloners... SGT is the abreviation im use to, so its the one i will use.

so as i said you dont set a ratio in that way.... you set the ratio of the sweeper based on the expected incoming geo count. about 10 yobs are needed to stop a geo thief. most people can send between 100k-500k geos, maybe more at the higher ranked end of the game... when you get hacks you can know for sure what they have and buy up as necessary. but i would suggest aim for 3million yobs initially. just to be safe. in flak wars. when no one has hacks yet anyway it should be plenty for 99% of your incoming

sgt get about 1:12 + or - a bit. best ratios on forum have seen 1:17 on flak. but likely you wont get much more than 1:12

on this basis a safe assumption is 1:10 as it rounds up nicely. 30mil incoming flak. wants 3 million sgt. though less will probably work. (i use these values because sgt dont target innocents they target all. so if people send hippys/small droids/hooligans they can quite cost effectively flak through the SGT. so be warned. but in flak wars, round start when they cannot hack they will most likely send with little or no other units. so 3mil sgt and 3m yob wil stop most of what the top has to send at you short of Cyborg gardeners. you can probably stop most of the incoming with that, as it stands today.

final part of your question
cloners dont target innocents they target all like SGT. and are therefore not great to depend on for sweeping. you should still try to use yobs and have cloners as a back up line of defence. also they arent effective for this role costing alot and being lethal and weak and easily killed people are likely to kill them. but if you were to use them. you can probably expect 1 to stop 2 maybe even 3 geos give or take . so twice as effective cost for cost. but not targetting innocents and being lethal its a big risk relying on them. some hooligans in the mob and the sgt wont stop them and therefore the cloners wont hit the geos barely at all.

h/y 5:1 is for alliance play at the very start of the round. when people cant afford more geo/wheelie. hippy get about 0.9 :1 on gardeners and as your only sweeping 30-50k wheelies at early round start, 500k -1m yobs can do it. at this stage in the round though ive seen much more. requireing different ratios. id aim for 3:1 maybe 4:1 ratio of h/y if i didnt have other units to sue at this stage.

Max

Garden Designer
I really enjoy using SGTs and Yobs in tandem to stop people landing on me, mostly because both of these units are NLT type, which means not many units are good at targetting them specifically!

As willy mentioned SGTs are supremely good at stopping flak and get very good ratios of 1:12 at least, while Yobs are used to sweep needing 11 of them to stop every Geo-Thief!

So in fact, because SGTs are so good and Yobs struggle a bit, I find I generally end up with a ratio of 1 SGT : 2 Yobs, simply because the enemies you will face are cunning and realise that they can't simply outflak the SGTs, so they send LOTS of geos instead.

When you find your SGTs only get 1:2.5 on flak, you have just been hit by Cyborg Gardeners - CGs. These robotic gardeners are a BEAST to deal with, even for an SGT player, and I suggest either buying hippies or trying to earn enough h/f for White Knights before you can adequately stop these guys.

Davs

Garden Designer
Those who know me also know my love for hippies. So much talk about just using SGTs and yobs together and not a single mention of using hippies as well. Tut tut.

It's always worth having a reasonable number of hippies as well - especially if you're in range of any CG players as hippies do a decent job of stopping them.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
One solo round i had 1.5m sgt and 25m yobs. The illusion that there was never a chance of landing on me meant i could send the yobs in defence to IoF and Yochoko and be useful. Then while i saved for ninjas i had some emergency sgt funds.Was on alot of land too.

Elderveld

Official Helper
One solo round i had 1.5m sgt and 25m yobs. The illusion that there was never a chance of landing on me meant i could send the yobs in defence to IoF and Yochoko and be useful. Then while i saved for ninjas i had some emergency sgt funds.Was on alot of land too.

Yeah but you are just PRO. Amazes me everytime

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Yeah but you are just PRO. Amazes me everytime

Fu babes x

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Another thing you'd want to consider is that you're after stopping the geos that come through your sleeps. Yobs gets around 1:0.1 on geos, so for every 100k geos he sends on you, you'll need 1m yobs to be sure he wont land. If your yobs are getting ratios above the 1:0.1 and you're loosing land, you're letting too much flak slip through your defences and onto your sweepers. If they get around 1:0.1 and you still loose land it's because, generally speaking, the attacker sent more geos than you were prepared to handle.

Whenever I attack solo SOs I always start looking at their yobs, figuring out how many geos I'd need before thinking about the flak needed for hippies and SGT/spikes.