Round 31 Awards:

antisback

Head Gardener
Alliance of the round - Has to go to RaRR, I missed the beggining of the round but you guys had quite an unassailable lead, hats off to you guys shame how it turned out
Best Offensive Alliance - Enmity seemed to have a knack for stealing land.
Best Defensive Alliance - OldFarts, doesn't really need an explanation
Honourable Mention Alliance - With just a hint of Bias Epic Fail, for a while you guys were everyones whipping boys, but you stuck together as a team and minus the slight lack of night cover were always tough to land on
Dishonourable Mention Alliance - Well gotta say didn't agree with much of discworld's tactics, Land trains are ineffective and just lazy planning imo. At the end of the day it appears to have worked for you and you guys did ok in the end
Best Leader - Havn't been involved with the politics much this round so I'm just going to say JJbrosandjl purely due to how quickly Enmity crumbled w/o him.
Worst Leader - Didn't see anyone doing too poor a job
Player of the Round - Allied - I'm going to give this to Bigboss, he's been attacking and defending all round going from one mediocre ally to the next and has ended up with bounty/effectiveness portals - hats off
Player of the Round - Solo - I'm going to have to go for Max, only played the final 2 weeks properly so didn't see much of the top, but max's basics were a pain in the ass for me to stop so i'm going to bestow him this honour
Best Offensive Player - Darkmane, an interesting tactic and very impressive to watch, congrats
Best Defensive Player - Seetal always seemed to be first to defend when needed
Honourable Mention Player - Enrico, having never played with him i'll admit my opinion of him was slightly below par - but that has completely changed now, a great player always able to defend and very adept at stealing land.

Last edited:

Commy 64

Weeder
Being a low-level player and new, I don't know many players by name, and my impressions are certainly biased towards low ranked alliances since that's for whom I play and generally fight. I started in TIR and ended in DW, if that gives anyone any insight into my perspective.

Alliance of the round-Whoever Won
Best Offensive Alliance- Ailiphilia because that's who always seemed to be attacking us.
Best Defensive Alliance-Discworld was the first alliance where I've ever witnessed a semblance of competent night cover. And I was amazed how often we got folks to recall when we were up agaimst it with fakes out all over the place.
Honourable Mention Alliance TIR for coming back from the dead, for even staying together. From the crazy Flak Wars when everyone had our IDs, and half our members left, to the time when BigBoss came, quasi assumed control, and left again, to the time when Flamey came back, quasi assumed control and left again, etc etc. IMHO Whitehawk was always undermined in leadership and not given enough credit for the job he did in a tough situation.
Worst Alliance-TIR for the continual leadership tumult.
Best Leader-I'm really not qualified to comment on this. I was impressed that Yngwie held TIR together at the end. Solid play.
Worst Leader: The TIR Collective. "Leadership in Limbo" just doesn't work.
Player of the Round - I dunno. I really got sick of seeing the name, beasteh on the incs.
Player of the Round - The only one I had any regular contact with was Wouter and he seemed pretty badass.
Best Offensive Player- No idea.
Best Defensive Player - wilymcchilybily was always there to defend.
Honourable Mention Player-Whitehawk has gotten dogpiled on too much, and deserves better, IMHO. Also thought Dax was pretty hardcore. Yngwie is a solid, solid, steady player.
Worst Player-I SAS'd myself way too many times to venture an opinion here.
Best Moment of Round- When what was left of TIR pulled together during flak wars and soldiered on.
Worst Moment of Round- Staying up til 2:30 AM defending people, then realizing 9 people were in sleep mode. I went to bed and woke up 3 hours later 0'd. That's when I left TIR, and I still haven't reconciled with that decision. But the folks in DW were very supportive and friendly, so thanks DW for taking me in..and sorry TIR for leavin'.

Here's a screenie I took during Flak Wars (it took 2 screeen caps to get all the incs.) I dunno how to do an image with thumbnails so, don't flame me.

waves_bound.png

Franny

Head Gardener
Best incs in flak wars I've ever seen has to be redtube. I've never seen so much inc.

They aint bad tho.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Thats one of the reasons why they died easier.

RRR massed Lets and they massed flak

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Alliance of the round for me alhough i cant be sure, S2N must have played the game very very well with all the rises and falls of all the different allainces to finally pinch the rank 1 very good.

Best Offensive Alliance we got many incomings from many allainces in DW, but the ones which always seemed to get us was ailihphilia

Honourable Mention Alliance Although its blowing our own trumpet DW, because not many people have a clue about how much ship jumping thier was. i had player notes on around 19 people that were ex DW lol. Thanks to the core that stuck it out, my brothers in arms

Best Leader is it martin that lead ReRR? as that was impressive. separating from the allaince, resisting taking down rank 1, getting massed. and being below DW in rank. then clawing all the way back tooth and nail. must have had a pretty good leader to pull that off. impressed me

Player of the Round - hard to decide, toby was a thorn in my side thats fopr sure. He had no way of knowing what defence was real or fake, but always had enough sense and balls to make it work for him.

Player of the Round - Darksider- i remeber seeing you near round start with all those seeds and seed thiefs being just in range, then the next thing i knew you had more rpgs than our biggest RPG, then again i guess DS always puts on a good show

Best Defensive Player unfortunately i can only talk about my own allaince. and im going to have to give it to death scythe, because although he wasnt contactable for 80% of the round he was so active he seemed to always be there. also sometimes his timing was just impecable. he could have been my multi it was that good

Honourable Mention Player #1 -recon- had a laugh with him, im glad he stepped up and got DW all riled up. before he took some command (with asmo's permission) we wouldnt have gone for a high finish. and to also help start boat whilst helping lead DW. Good show good show.

Honourable Mention Player #2-septimus- I loved our tactical calculations to get some of those trickier targets and the siren puppet bribeage was the sex. and once you were started you were away with or without me. just wish i had kept it up all round.

Worst Player I hate this title, im giving this to.....proteccao, hes a good player, but god damn ship jumped from DW twice lol. u big gay!

Best Moment of Round helping septimus bribe 21million terorist leaders in one go. hahaha.

Worst Moment of Round when recon left, then kelsey left, then 4 of the good players in DW that were active had left to join boat. And we were like down to 16 players. Then a week later there was boat incoming, and the nap was off before we knew it. still crippled with a lot of new faces, and no real cohession, then to see some of the incoming was ex members of DW, and bopat the allaince we didnt once hit and tried to protect. That was pretty low for me as wasnt great timing in real life either. but what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

also although i felt betrayed by a few members of boat i did also feel kinda bad when we hit them back after they had a fall. needed the land tbf. though its only a game. all a bit of fun.

Honourable Mention Player #3- peanut - HAHAHAHAAAAAA (DW joke sorry)