Round 31 Awards Discussion

Silence

Head Gardener
as far as aili being broken, i'm sorry silence but all your planning was for naught.

1) i knew if we attacked hobbs we were open to retal

2) i didn't even try to fake defend anyone

3) just wanted to be out of your range.

so you did good with RRR and breaking ReRR, but all your genius was wasted on us.

considering we never dropped far and are back at 3rd... broken is hardly the word I would use for Ailihphilia for any part of the round.

There was just no way I was going to try to fight a prolonged war after losing my 2 biggest members to BS and sleep mode (lol LS :( ).

Had I 20 members when it all went down. You would have seen more fight. As it was, I just wanted to look towards how to end the round.

Ok then, perhaps 'broken' is the wrong word. I'll be more clear. The attacks we launched continued until we had very few in range and the defence was minimal. Maybe one or two still sending, but even those logged out eventually, it was late. That to me was enough to say that you were broken. You certainly were not broken beyond repair, you bounced back fast and got stuck back in.

And I did say that your entire online force was out at hobbezak so I did take that into consideration, but the plan was being made before attacks were launched at him soooo yes you would have put up more of a fight, luck was in my favour.

And your motive to want to be out of range actually helped my motive of starting the war as merely a moral boost soooo im not calling it genius at all, just a fortunate set of circumstances which enabled me to get the best possible result I wanted at the time; an alliance which is motivated and ready for war with Enmity.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
don't take it to mean that you weren't a valued member no matter where you were ;)

Silence

Head Gardener
don't take it to mean that you weren't a valued member no matter where you were ;)

Tbh all of my post above was bullsh1t. I recall asking to join your alliance before I asked Second to None :(

You big meanie for not getting back to me. You hurt my feelings and I got revenge in game!!!one!111eleven!!1

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
We were broken, Garrett. Not just from STN's attacks but from all the **** that preceded them. A month of solid boredom, internal troubles, Hobbs and LS leaving...most of us had lost the will to fight, I think. Morale was pretty low. STN's attacks were well timed and well executed, and even if we had more people on we wouldn't have been able to survive long. I think for the most part our members just wanted to get it over with quickly and start again, which we did. And we've been having a lot more fun since then.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
If you care Silence - Either ToY didn't know about STN's LT or he didn't tell us - The proof being I went to bed about 30 minutes before you sent :p

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
JJbrosandjl said:
Intense was in S2N, but he's impressed me the most. I remember once I spied and saw S2N had incoming. I HLed him and he was on within 15 seconds.

Since no one else has, I'll ask.
What? Did S2N and Enmity keep an eye on each others incs? Highlighted each other if necessary?
It's that kinda shit which makes people suspect powerblocks btw. Just sayin'.

As for awards, props to Darkmane for a pretty clever strategy. That loophole should probs be closed now though.

He did it with Fail as well. He HL'd Changer/Pinpower when Fail had nobody online, so he did it for STN too. It was for the good of the resistance - Common courtesy. Not a power block.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
actually silence you said whoever responded first and I said I had wanted to talk to people i was going to replace.

<3

but yes, I'm a meanie and kudos for your swift revenge.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
JJbrosandjl said:
Intense was in S2N, but he's impressed me the most. I remember once I spied and saw S2N had incoming. I HLed him and he was on within 15 seconds.

Since no one else has, I'll ask.
What? Did S2N and Enmity keep an eye on each others incs? Highlighted each other if necessary?
It's that kinda shit which makes people suspect powerblocks btw. Just sayin'.

As for awards, props to Darkmane for a pretty clever strategy. That loophole should probs be closed now though.

He did it with Fail as well. He HL'd Changer/Pinpower when Fail had nobody online, so he did it for STN too. It was for the good of the resistance - Common courtesy. Not a power block.

It's not a powerblock but it's a good deal more than 'common courtesy'. Common courtesy would be if they're online being 'dude you know you have inc?'

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Fairly harsh comments then :p

Well i could sugar coat them and make them all fluffy and pretty but then that would take away from the essence of my point.

If you read carefully i commended you for your determination, dedication and activity, just not your tactics ;)

One thought i had was why would you keep realing the same people over and over and over and over and over again? Admittedly many of us were contactable, but so was martin, and despite his best efforts to get us to let him die, we weren't going to :D My first plan would have been to send several times on the same targets and establish a pattern which the targets would understand, then make it seem like you were doing the exact same thing, but then switch it up and lay down some assraping due to surprise. Predictability makes your targets complacent, cocky and contemptuous, which are all the seeds laid for some serious pwnage due to tactical trickery. ;) Just the repetitive, exactly same attacking style over and over again was just silly, you couldn't break us (RaRR) with repeat attacks, we were contactable enough to wake up, send, go back to sleep, wake up and recall, while you guys were simply not going to outlast us. As for ReRR, continuous sending was a much more feasible option, but that resistance is totally different to the RaRR one, since we were heavily outnumbered and considerably less contactable than previously :)

What I find funny is everyone in the game at the level we play knows my hatred at being woken up, if you want to kill me in a resistance, you hit me over and over at night and I will refuse to get up at some point. My title was "Martin {Sleep} - Wake me up and I kill you" and yet the resistance never hit me any later than 1am.....
The logic in which targets chose was poor, the tactics.... well, you used what you had. Although you had more LETs and so many times you forced us to fight you and you pulled, you won when you stayed against us. The resistance always fails as the top guys run, when the top ally chose to fight the whole resistance, you should damn well fight the top ally.
That's a bit of advice for future rounds, it's key to get the BRs, top alliances are too contactable to die any other way.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
You don't think we knew that Martin? We aren't thick. The reason we never hit you after 1am is because we never hit anybody after 1am. We didn't have enough people to hit ReRR to face a head on defense.

As for the target choice - Keep in mind you have a slight advantage in judging that being in the alliance that was being attacked. We had LET counts each time and each time we decided if we thought we could win the battle. If the answer was no, it was a recall. Fairly simple. "You should damn well fight the top ally" is a nice comment to say - But it's silly to fight a losing BR. And as you saw the times we did stay, we won. And we had success.

Also - Just something to keep in mind for you ReRR saying "The resistance was twice the size of us" for whatever reason - Keep in mind the majority of OF and a good portion Aili didn't want to participate for their own reasons. I have no qualms with whatever reasons they were - Maybe they were still bitter about TBA and didn't want to see JJ or twigs win, or maybe they had alternative reasons. I don't know.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You don't think we knew that Martin? We aren't thick. The reason we never hit you after 1am is because we never hit anybody after 1am. We didn't have enough people to hit ReRR to face a head on defense.

As for the target choice - Keep in mind you have a slight advantage in judging that being in the alliance that was being attacked. We had LET counts each time and each time we decided if we thought we could win the battle. If the answer was no, it was a recall. Fairly simple. "You should damn well fight the top ally" is a nice comment to say - But it's silly to fight a losing BR. And as you saw the times we did stay, we won. And we had success.

Also - Just something to keep in mind for you ReRR saying "The resistance was twice the size of us" for whatever reason - Keep in mind the majority of OF and a good portion Aili didn't want to participate for their own reasons. I have no qualms with whatever reasons they were - Maybe they were still bitter about TBA and didn't want to see JJ or twigs win, or maybe they had alternative reasons. I don't know.

First off I know you didn't hit anyone after 1am, but a PA rush would have battered me. Anyway, I do know the logic of not fighting a losing BR, but there were a few BRs where we would have lost and you guys pulled. I didn't mean the specific "All our big guys were there vs 1 alliance" :p

If people are using the 'Total score + Total land makes resistance bigger' argument then they are naive and have never organised a resistance so best to purely breeze over that.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

If people are using the 'Total score + Total land makes resistance bigger' argument then they are naive and have never organised a resistance so best to purely breeze over that.

I didn't see anyone using that excuse o.0

antisback

Head Gardener
At the end of the day the resistance was successful

As someone who has organised a successful resistance i know how damn hard it can be - tactics are meaningless for resistances the numbers involved are just far too impractical to properly organise. Its all just a war attrition, one side will get bored/fed up and cave eventually.

Personally, I think awards should wait till the round is finished - anything could happen in the last week to change peoples minds.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I've seen quite a few people post the resistance being several times larger than ReRR so it wasn't much of an accomplishment.

And PA's are still eta 4...With Kuda and your activity still nothing going there Martina :p You weren't big enough to get an adrenaline rush.

I suppose I can't argue against your opinion though on who would win specific BR's since they never happend Martin - So I won't :)