Returning Injured Troops

SmurfDaddyT

Digger
i just had a whole bunch of injured troops returning eta1. at the same time i was being attack. the next tick all my returned troops were dead again and returning once more with nothing i could do. i thought these troops would return after the attack had been processed not before to die when i can do nothing about it!!!

im very upset

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Returning Injured Troops

lol, that sucks balls...so theoretically someone could send at you every 18 ticks just to kill your injured troops with nothing you can do about it (excluding defence)

thats gotta be an unintended bug...

SmurfDaddyT

Digger

i am fairly aware of the order things happen but injury troops should not return before the attacking mob kills when it ticks...thats just asinine

Welshie

Harvester

Why? What if you had an incoming flak attack and you needed the troops to save your land. Would it still be insane then?

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

true but then surely you'd never have the chance to do that if it was set to come back afetr a battle, if it says there is one tick left then there is still a tick to go before they come back. i dont see how they can forgive my crap example, 'come out of hospital straight into iraq' understand?

it should always be set to after a battle

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

yeah id vote for having the troops come back after the battle of the tick...

same with returning troops, as in if you have troops returning eta 1...and you are defending middle tick..the troops wont fire until the close tick

if ya get my drift...

Tim

Harvester

It would definitely make a lot of sense. Having the units come back just as the battle takes place doesn't give the player much choice as to whether he/she actually wants to fight or not...

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

SmurfDaddyT said:
i just had a whole bunch of injured troops returning eta1. at the same time i was being attack. the next tick all my returned troops were dead again and returning once more with nothing i could do. i thought these troops would return after the attack had been processed not before to die when i can do nothing about it!!!

im very upset

ok am i missing something.
tick 1
attacking for 3
eta 1

tick 2
attacking for 2
troops home......so send them out.

tick 3
attacking for one.
troops out dont die

is this nto how it works if they are eta 1. then surely they cant die till they get home. so they get home the follwing tick of eta 1. just like your regular mobs. so you get a chance to send them out

EDIT
obviously not: <Gohan> S4 : 0.0396 [Section 04: (Phase 2). Unit Injuries.]

dont see why azzer put it there and not with the other returning mobs , i cant see any reason

Welshie

Harvester

Ahh I understand the point being made now, I didn't think properly earlier :p

Yes it seems to logical to have them follow the "returning units" principle

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

no because you'll know the tick as to go before you get them. the current way gives you no choice and basically leaves them to die.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

on one hand everyone is complaining that no one really dies... well if a big alliance is forced to fight that first tick the troops are back then they take more injuries and of course you never get 100% back.

on the other hand having all units use one standard is pretty nice and less confusing too.

Damn the libra in me, I likes both sides.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

imo i agree with the gripe on principle

if you get your men back at the end of the tick, then they will be there the follwing tick to use, in the same way your returning mob is. it will make it easier for the newbies to grasp whats going on.

i see no reason to have the injuries different to the regular mobs return time. i know azzer does some wierd things because he has good reason. and then doesnt tell us the reason, hoping someone finds out and utilises it to thier advantage. but i still see no reason not to have the defender be incontrol of the returning mob....to me if its eta 1 returning. then it shouldnt be thier for combat. its so much more confusing for hacks etc. which is bad for the new people. to have one follow one rule and one follow the other is stupid.

if i hacked some one and saw he had a mob returning eta 8 i would assume that when i was attacking for 1 it would be eta 1 till it got home. and it wouldnt be home to stop me......as its still returning home. eta 1 to me is a whole tick like how it works with military mobs. im going to join in the gripe and say

>>>!!!!RABBLE-RABBLE-RABBLE-SOOOO CONFUSING AZZER-RABBLE-RABBLE-RABBLE!!!!!!<<< and pointles

SmurfDaddyT

Digger

and now i have an example of the exploitation of this bug.......

for a big pom, constanty being rushed by a huge biker and repeating every 18 ticks.....theres no way to save ur troops at all..... 80% just continually die as they come back.....

can someone tell me thats not BS?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

surely...if you are allied...then defend agaist it..lol

and if you are solo, either your AR will grow considerably to the point where he can no longer hit you with a sifficient level of bikers...OR (if he isnt sending that many bikers, just annoying amount) buy up on some HVs/PLs or something to soak up some of the fire...leaving your other units to survive and then send them out thus breaking the chain...

plus its unlikely anyone could keep this up indefinately, SO...wait until he stops hitting you (thus allowing your troops to return from injury un-harmed) and then when he next hits you...dont let him know you are online, wait until af3...send out leaving hypnos home and bribe his shiz!!!

Melnibone

Head Gardener

wont work against 200mil bikers 200mil PB's and 200mil jeeps :lol:

remember its DarkSider the man who gets his jollies from constantly rushing people that Smurfs on about

CLem

Head Gardener

But surely as both side of the party knows when exactly those troops will be back and for the size of Interlude, they should be very much capable to time the defense and stop DS. Yeah it totally sucks to be on the receiving end, but it is very rare i think, not many people can pull these sort of stunts off. On the other hand it had saved a lot of newbies land when people thought they will not face the eta 1 returning injured troops last tick.

I am more for making it the same as any other returning troops, makes a lot more sense when you get to decide to stay or not

Augustus

Head Gardener

I've had the exact same problem, except it was even worse. I had three waves of injured troops returning. And an incoming attack where each battle tick coincided with the return of injured units. So I sat there thinking 'cool, eta 1 returning so all I have to do is send away next tick' when the tick passed...no troops! And the same happened with the next two ticks. This is very confusing when you get used to all eta 1 returning mobs being excluded from battle calcs. It makes it even more confusing when trying to work out when you should send away or when all your units will return. In short returning injured units should follow the same rules as ordinary returning mobs. This shouldnt cause a stir as most people would be under the impression that this is the case already, why it isn't is a bit strange....