• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Rebels

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
I say double cost and double the stats. Or boost them.

At the moment they die far too easily. No use at all compared to loudies because unlike loudies they die with terrible ease. Either that or boost their armour slightly. Right now money is better spent on fanatics as LET flak than them.

CFalcon

Official Helper
I say double cost and double the stats. Or boost them.

Certainly don't do that! If anything, I'd say do the opposite.

They could use a small boost somewhere though. Die too easily to be sustainable flak, and barely get 1:1 on officers, cost for cost.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
They definitely could use a boost, they die too easily, loudies are just so much more appealing.

I was thinking maybe they should also get a boost on military. maybe +50% armour against military. Something to keep them alive, because for now, fanatics do a much better job £ for £ than rebels.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
n0c0, I've said it before but I will say it again - you're a noob. The extremist route is not about rebels and rebels are too good as they are. If you want a route that can "pwn" in all 3 ticks, then extremists are not for you.

Btw, that comparison you make with loudies is just stupid (and please, before asking why try to use that thing on your shoulders to figure it out yourself).

Last edited:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
people seriously need to start taking into consideration other routes and the overall power of a route when they bring unit modding to the table, this route is imba for the last tick, used properly this route is sickening as willy shown afew rounds back in DW. nuff said and that was before the current boosts...

if you want a route where you have no weakness then your playing the wrong game.

Davs

Garden Designer
tbh I'd say make rebels disable or something rather than stun - as it's the most pointless route to have stunners... (imo)

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Guys, your attitudes suck.

Turnip2k

Harvester
tbh I'd say make rebels disable or something rather than stun - as it's the most pointless route to have stunners... (imo)

Probem is, if they are NLT, they wont flak the extremists / fanatics - which is what they were intended for.

Rebels are fantastic value for money. They suck against armour stuff, but absoloutely rock against anything health (vamps, ninjas, assassins). However, they were never meant to provide insurmountable ranged protection, just give the route a little extra on the ranged ticks so they can actually attack some routes alone (such as mass vamps).

They may need changing a bit in the future - but they are good early round atm. Lets see how good they are later on when everyone is fully teched.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
people seriously need to start taking into consideration other routes and the overall power of a route when they bring unit modding to the table, this route is imba for the last tick, used properly this route is sickening as willy shown afew rounds back in DW. nuff said and that was before the current boosts...

if you want a route where you have no weakness then your playing the wrong game.
It's not that I want it to be perfect, but the fact is, they don't do well against even health units that much. Been using them a while now, and loudies always perform a lot better. On the opther hand, fanatics anmd extremists are bloody AWESOME!

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Been using them a while now, and loudies always perform a lot better.

Don't forget you can't simply compare the numbers; loudies target LET ALL and Rebels only LET. ;)

I haven't seen rebels at work, so I don't really know how well (or not) they do in battle. Got a couple BR's to show us for fun/info?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Been using them a while now, and loudies always perform a lot better.

Don't forget you can't simply compare the numbers; loudies target LET ALL and Rebels only LET. ;)

I haven't seen rebels at work, so I don't really know how well (or not) they do in battle. Got a couple BR's to show us for fun/info?

Strangley the only Rebel BR i can find from testing is:

[range] 3,662,765 hostile Rebel threw objects at and stunned 1,752,940 allied staff.

Thats against Pure SAs.

Its worth noting that the SAs absolutely destroyed the Rebels and these were just the ones left...but still, its a ratio :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Playing the extremist route and complaining about rebels is like playing the RPG/striker/harrier route and complaining about privates.

Btw, privates are MUCH worse than rebels and they are almost the same cost.

Davs

Garden Designer
the only experience I've had with rebels since the change didn't show them in an amazing light. More of my stuff was allowed to fire as everything the rebels stunned was still a target for the LSPs (so the stunned stuff pretty much acted as flak for what wasn't stunned). I know that they should be useful flak for extremists and fanatics, and that if they killed they'd have to be weakened in some way - I just get the impression that stunning isn't the most helpful thing they could for the route.