PS3 or Xbox 360??

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i dont mind either console but as im use to the xbox i prefer it now. one thing that is noticeable in difference is on some games, mw3 being the most noticable for me the sensitivity of the aim when you are aimed in is marginally slower and that helps for accuracy and i prefer it. i can play mw3 on xbox 360 on sensitivty 2 i have to switch down to sensitivity 1 on ps3. So i think that becomes a deciding factor for me. as now even if i fancied a ps3 I wouldnt be use to it for online gaming im so use to xbox i would be frustrated.

It may also influence my future decisions too. Now resident evil and metal gear solid are out on xbox and final fantasy, you no longer have to be limited by one console only games. And as microsoft have the buying power and rep and expertise to throw at it i can see their future consoles out doing playstation. and range of games being equal if not superior. as much as i love sony i just think microsoft will out do them with cheaper consoles bought out sooner, a full range of games pluse some exclusive games, and better servers and networks for the gaming. i just hope ps3 can be competitive and not let microsoft monopolise.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
I believe the industry learned something from the apple debacle.... the fact it took so many years for a company to rise to a point where they could take a market share from mircrosoft....

Look at the smart phone/tablet industries.... Companies are not sitting back twiddling their fingers, because they seen Microsoft take control of the PC Market and Apple the portable music Market, To not compete would be a death blow...

Especially in the case of sony, they had the walkman and there music division was the label for so many artists, they could have stopped the ipod in its tracks but they didn't... There in it to win it now, so Im excited to see how they will compete next!!!

Looking back over all that its convoluted but without turning it into 1000 lines of text I cant think of how else to say it.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Im surprised people are talking about next gen. I only just bought my second ps3 this year after my old one finally died. My PS3 is everything I need from a console. There is nothing they could add to it to make me want to spend money on a next gen console which will inevitable cost more.

What can they add to the current gen to make them better? Was there a discussion on the forum somewhere about what we would like to add to the next gen?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
i dont mind either console but as im use to the xbox i prefer it now. one thing that is noticeable in difference is on some games, mw3 being the most noticable for me the sensitivity of the aim when you are aimed in is marginally slower and that helps for accuracy and i prefer it. i can play mw3 on xbox 360 on sensitivty 2 i have to switch down to sensitivity 1 on ps3. So i think that becomes a deciding factor for me. as now even if i fancied a ps3 I wouldnt be use to it for online gaming im so use to xbox i would be frustrated.

sensitivity is lower and you prefer it?
on ps3 you switch it down to 1 from 2. Which means 1 is less sensitive (and therefore slower) than 2.

So if I interpret that correctly me being in Australia makes no difference to the sensitivity scale and you are indeed using sensitivity 1 (on a scale of 1-10) for MW3.

How is that even possible?

Max

Garden Designer
Er--- I'm happy with my PS2. I still play it a lot, and I still play a lot of old PS1 games.

Graphics are so overrated if the gameplay is awesome :p Else we wouldn't be playing bush right? ^^

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
PS2 will be around for some time...one of the best consoles alongside some of the best games (GTA San Andreas) :p

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
I didnt like that tbh...all the overhead views i didnt like :(

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
never liked the controls nor most of the views/gameplay on the playstations. at this point just wait for the xbox 720 :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Nope. the very first round of Xbox consoles sold about 55% of them had dodgy components made in China (obviously, like all dodgy things) and so the consoles had an extraordinarily high failure rate.

There are occasional persistent issues, but they are rare enough now to fall into the category of "usual problems". They are a little more fragile than PS3s, but you shouldn't be moving them around that much anyways.

Xbox is a considerably more reliable system now than it was upon release, and they were rushed into that release trying to compete with Sony before things got out of hand and they lost the competitive edge.

If you were thinking of Xbox Live, it is a far more reliable and better system than the free Playstation network. Not a surprise given Microsoft's expertise (or at least experience ) in that area. They have more money, more staff, more experience and a more robust structure.

Xbox wins on all counts except for a blu ray disc. And that will be solved for the next-gen xbox by all accounts.

Davs

Garden Designer
Xbox wins on all counts except for a blu ray disc. And that will be solved for the next-gen xbox by all accounts.

Whilst on many things I'd agree with you, I still hate how loud the 360 is - but that will also probably be solved in the next version (which imo seems a little premature as there can't really be all that much to update that requires a whole new "next gen" console)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yeah the noise is obnoxious. but as you say, hopefully solved

As for "next gen" stuff there were rumors swirling regarding new changes and I think there is a high potential for 3-D style glasses and some form of better Kinect integration. Those are the ones I'm stoked about! I'm sure there's more on the "multi media" aspect in true Microsoft style I imagine they'll be struggling to integrate everything windows and Xbox into one cohesive package, and while that's probably nigh on impossible it'll still be interesting to see!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
You can do 3D on current consoles. Your TV needs to support it and glasses work with TV, not player/console.