• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Pom route

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
so wait... you mean if you sent a bunch of poms as flak against sorcs/dragons for your hypnos... you no longer want the hypno to fire on the round that the dragon doesn't?

that is the tip of the iceberg.

so wait... you mean if you sent a bunch of poms as flak against sorcs/dragons for your hypnos... you no longer want the hypno to fire on the round that the dragon doesn't?

I wouldnt use poms as flak vs dragons for a start...

It they fired range/close it would mean be two things;

Attack on range-great if defence is late.

Attack on close-great because people just last tick hypnos which is frustrating.

Mid tick is pointless for a bribe..

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
If they changed to firing range/close people would just mid-tick rather than last-tick. Pointless.

And you wouldn't use PoMs against dragons when bribing? k.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

Attack on close-great because people just last tick hypnos which is frustrating.

it just sounds like you want an easier way to get LET, which means that you shouldn't have picked pom in the first place.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

it just sounds like you want an easier way to get LET, which means that you shouldn't have picked pom in the first place.

Hell, even I can bribe things with Hypnos, and i'm the WORST!

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I got the compulsive collector achievement with hypnos.. Don't underestimate them. You just have to know how to use them effectively.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Some people were a little blunt, but their points were valid despite being a bit harsh about it. Enemies last tick hypno so hypno don't fire. So you need to bribe some close range units and easy to bribe lethals to flak. I'd go for nanos if you get the chance as they are easy to get more of. Also certain routes have units with health and armour. So poms can stop units with health, hippyvans stop armour, and Hypnos can hit what is left stripped.

Just be careful don't rely on the stars. Eg. Petrol bombers have more armour than you think and are worth a go. nano aren't to bad either. Some ww if the vamp doesn't have many gargoyles. Sorcs are good target all, and have enough health that hippyvans alone don't distract them.shocks too. But things like snipers lookgood but arent. They really dont have as much armour as the stars show. And marines are very hard to get. Hippyvans aren't as effective at stripping with the other armoured units around. And hypno dont do enough health damage for the marines that are stripped.

There is also the ability to block most of the units from firing.so instead of trying to bribe with puppets facing a few million lethals you distract enough to stop the majority. But leave enough for you to bribe a few and not Lose many Hypnos. It's a good unit stuck on a perfect route as an after thought. And puts of biker and pb rushes. Win win win

If they changed to firing range/close people would just mid-tick rather than last-tick. Pointless.

This is the idea,if someone JUST mid ticks you,perfect free land.

If someone mid ticks and last ticks-perfect bribe on last tick.

Get my drift? :)

Theres little other choice really,solo puppets/recruitment officers is incredibly hard.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
The trick to hypnos is to NOT target let, get more nld flak and nlt then use that to gain let which flaks you to better let, also allied they rule as you can use them on so many defences :)

I trust in the nld/nlt first strategy took me to rank... 17 or 18 finish last round with over 100m hypnos suicided

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

If they midtick you, your hypnos won't be alive to bribe on the last tick.

The trick to hypnos is to NOT target let, get more nld flak and nlt then use that to gain let which flaks you to better let, also allied they rule as you can use them on so many defences :)

I trust in the nld/nlt first strategy took me to rank... 17 or 18 finish last round with over 100m hypnos suicided

Im interested please can you further explain the nld/nlt first strategy.

How are you using nld to gain let? And how will nld/nlt flak let?

If they midtick you, your hypnos won't be alive to bribe on the last tick.

Yeh i suppose no matter wether its 1st,2nd or 3rd when you dont fire one tick people are going to use that.

Just personally think it would be better.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
My reply was hasty and ill explained, allow me to delve further:
(note, this strategy is not one id use unless you plan on being active and growing rapidly, ie; ftw)

1: Arsons are easy targets for hypnos, as are (suprisingly) Poms.
2: Use bribed nld/nlt to get easy lets, I always target things that dont fire at range or fire late first.
3: use the let's you have bribed as "let" flak for your hypnos to gain better troops
4: if you have the chance to grab sirens, DO SO!
5: Now you have an odd mix of let troops that makes you harder to target, get land fat.
6: Use your land to get more hypnos and go secure more lets, Hypnos can be squishy but once your at step 5 you will only be targeted if your 1) solo with low ar 2) Allied and inactive 3) If other bribers want a unit you have.
7: Enjoy being pom, for they are a truly might route.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Flamey has suggested one way to play, i'm just going to offer another:

I have never played hypnos, but Maickesh has done it 10 or more times and i've seen a fair few of those rounds and from what i have observed the best bits about hypnos are the differences from puppets, the lower init and the lower eta.

You don't need to use your hypnos to go get land, poms/hv etc will suffice and you will find there is plenty of land around. You can rush with your hypnos and combo with your route in the ways willy has suggested earlier in this thread. (This also means r/m firing is better as while you may use poms to take out the INN that is ALL flakking the target's LET's, there might be NLD/NLT and you may need 2 ticks to get good bribes )

If you are looking for some quick satisfying bribes, they can be found in players massing sins/nanos/sorc+golem/zombie+ww+garg, you get the idea :)
There will often be players with some privates or similar around. The bribes so far supply some nice LET flak for your hypnos so you can get a little braver with your bribes. Rpgs are a necessity and there are usually lower allied/solo rpgs with not many snipers as let's be honest nobody plays rpg to mass snipers :)

With this LET flak + lower init AD you can bribe most route setups.
I have seen Maickesh bounty hunt players massing harriers with 20m RPG and 15m SA, in this way he finished rank 6 bounty hunting as a hypno player in round 43.

It is rare to be able to bribe dogs/sirens easily but don't despair because you don't actually need them, just get fat and don't be afraid to take a score dive for a better setup!

Last edited:

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
When I was playing hypnos, my favorite targets were folks with little-to-some flak and massing one specific lethal. Nanos are a good target if they don't have too many CW and very few TD.. RPGs are among the best targets, as their don't often have many snipers. Strikers are good if they don't have too many apaches, but don't expect to bribe a lot from them, Strikers are fairly tough and marines are very much so. Sorc players without dragons are doable, but painfully unless they are much smaller than you. Mass WW if they don't have Vamps is always fun too.
Arsonists are the best though, assuming they don't mass TL (kind of pointless with that route!) They are easy enough to bribe, and can make you a very effective land-thief. I had a million or so thiefs and a few million arsonists a few rounds back as Pom and I was very land-fat indeed at times.. ^_^

edd

Tree Surgeon
2 little additions;

1) If you get a lot of NLD/NLT you aren't going to have any easy LET bribes
2) Having a wide variety of troops can just make it easier to kill you

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
your poms are great they block the gards. aim for ppl with little or no hippy/yob

go for RPG 1st the sniper block easy
or go bribe some nano then farm some nano for flak then hit thugs for bribes you can also use the nano for SA but you dont wanna get too much wanky traps. vamps do instead of sa but often theres alot of other crap there too.

but once you got the rpg get some sorc/sirens
once you got sirens get some harrier/ranger

I dont get the bribing blockers you can just make the best ones in the game but if your puppets then you can go bribe poms.