PB heaven!?

Nonny

Harvester
Is it just my score range or are there a huge number of PB players out there this round?

Is this because it was widely anticipated that there would be loads of solo SO players?

Does that anticipation explain the apparent lack of fantasy players?

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: PB heaven!?

tobapopalos said:
Why would people go PB if they thought there would be lots of SOs?

have you taken a look around you toby ;)

Nonny

Harvester

tobapopalos said:
Why would people go PB if they thought there would be lots of SOs?

Trap trashing? Especially early game SGT's.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

to plan for only early round is pretty poor planning, unless the majority of these players are going to delete in a week and restart. you went pb's just to destroy traps. then after the so's get their let's... traps become a thing of the past except for last ticking people... so i dunno you just fail with this thread. alot.

Nonny

Harvester

Garrett said:
to plan for only early round is pretty poor planning, unless the majority of these players are going to delete in a week and restart. you went pb's just to destroy traps. then after the so's get their let's... traps become a thing of the past except for last ticking people... so i dunno you just fail with this thread. alot.

Fail in what? What was my objective I failed in achieving? To highlight the high number of PB player's and see what the response was?

I wasn't declaring that I went PB's or that people went PB's to trash traps. I was wondering what everyone else thought and threw one out there. :roll:

I'd heard complaints last round about the number of SO players there were and was fishing for a possible reason as to why there are so many PB's. It may well be illogical in the long-term to go PB's if you know the game. Are a lot of these PB players new? I'm curious as to why there seem to be so many.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Tbh there isnt that many.

In the higher ranks ( 1 - 100 ) there are countless POM and SO.
I've seen pretty much no robos at all :S
And 0 rpgs.

Crumpet

Harvester

Twigley said:
Tbh there isnt that many.

In the higher ranks ( 1 - 100 ) there are countless POM and SO.
I've seen pretty much no robos at all :S
And 0 rpgs.

/me snuggles her route choice

More for me I guess!

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon

In my ranks, searching 40-50% all I see are PA or PB. That's about 75 players... :/

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of Thug-players this round. Even stranger, Im one tech away from being fully teched, and Im usually quite slow, but still there are a lot of players in my value-bracket that's still to even start jeeps.

There also seems to be a lot of militarys around...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

well, at my low low rank atm..i just hacked 10 targets (all the targets in the search i did...so 10 targets all in almost ascending rank...) and every single one of them was SO...just thought id comment...

Saints

Harvester

the route is powerful i dont get it no one can see what units u have at any given time and if u spy they could have built up and it could be deceiving :\

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

no i understand why they have gone SO...it is powerful and good to be unknown at round start...i just thought it was comment worthy that all 10 targets in a row were SO...although i spose at that rank its the best for holding onto land which is why they all came up in the search

ViVi

Pruner

I happen to think we've a lot of Thug players this round, also. Not complaining mind you. Much prefer it to the masses of Cybernetic warrior players that are a no-go area for me usually.

Eden

Planter

Is it just my score range or are there a huge number of PB players out there this round?

Is this because it was widely anticipated that there would be loads of solo SO players?

Does that anticipation explain the apparent lack of fantasy players?

Wait, are you suggesting that because there are a lot of SO, you should go PBs because PBs are better than SOs and that's why no one goes vamps because vamps is actually a route that pwns SO instead of PBs?

okay good.

Nonny

Harvester

Eden said:
Wait, are you suggesting that because there are a lot of SO, you should go PBs because PBs are better than SOs and that's why no one goes vamps because vamps is actually a route that pwns SO instead of PBs?

okay good.

Well, excuuuuuse me for apparently making a public cock-up!

In answer to your question. Yes. A straight look at the init's sees SA's fire before vamps and assassins fire before gargs....

I hope you feel suitably superior and better about yourself now? :roll:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i personally attribute this to my spamming of a puppet master thread tellign every one (correctly i might add) that pb's actually make the bots run with only a couple hundred k. so every time the bots run. and you only need enough flack to get past what they can buy up on the remaining ticks. and if its a sgt without spikes. the bot still runs away. and for me this was 100% of the time. b4 you even think about saying.....thats because you sent lethals some bots have a small chance to run because of character traits.

fact is last round bot of equal score to me would run from 250k pb's if it hadn't teched enough to block or kill them. and this happened 100% of the time. therefore free land. any sgt bot would run. leaving the sleepers to you to get bribed on force. as they are armour based. and pb's hit armour.

also bribed unit dont come back from being injured. maybe more incentive to be a briber route

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

willymchilybily said:
i personally attribute this to my spamming of a puppet master thread tellign every one (correctly i might add) that pb's actually make the bots run with only a couple hundred k. so every time the bots run. and you only need enough flack to get past what they can buy up on the remaining ticks. and if its a sgt without spikes. the bot still runs away. and for me this was 100% of the time. b4 you even think about saying.....thats because you sent lethals some bots have a small chance to run because of character traits.

fact is last round bot of equal score to me would run from 250k pb's if it hadn't teched enough to block or kill them. and this happened 100% of the time. therefore free land. any sgt bot would run. leaving the sleepers to you to get bribed on force. as they are armour based. and pb's hit armour.

also bribed unit dont come back from being injured. maybe more incentive to be a briber route

Eh: PB = Petrol Bomber, Thug
PoB= Political Briber, SO

I just wonder why there's not more Vamps and bribers, due to the new injury system, they have gotten a big boost!