Out of interest..

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Which is technically the best route?By that i mean HP AR HD AD stars vs cost?what is the most efficient killer? (i realise stars are rough estimates) I also realise it depends solo/allied etc etc etc

antisback

Head Gardener
Highest per pound:
AR: Shield Android
HP: Violent Demonstrator
AD: Extremist
HD: Sleeping Gas Trap (TD is the highest LET)

However I wouldn't call any one of them the best.

Which is the best route? Well that's like asking what's the best of rock paper or scissors - there is no right answer.

It's rock though. Always rock.

Shocker2k

Weeder
Highest per pound:
AR: Shield Android
HP: Violent Demonstrator
AD: Extremist
HD: Sleeping Gas Trap (TD is the highest LET)

However I wouldn't call any one of them the best.

Which is the best route? Well that's like asking what's the best of rock paper or scissors - there is no right answer.

It's rock though. Always rock.

I vote Spock :p

Attachments

• rockpaperscissorsspock.jpg
    rockpaperscissorsspock.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 0

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
There are far too many factors to be taken into account to categorically state that one route is the best killer.

TDs have pretty awesome damage but they won't all fire because their initiative is so slow. In most cases you'll be better off with pure SAs rather than pure TDs.

Or on the AD front, extremists might have the highest AD(I'm taking Ant's word on this), but nothing armoured can stand up to RPGs because they fire earlier than any other unit, whereas extremists don't even fire range.

Personally I would say the most efficient killers are probably SAs and RPGs. They are both moderately priced, they both fire range, they have fast inits, they have decent ETAs, they are exceptional at killing pure armour or health...but that doesn't mean they are the best routes.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
while technically correct, there are many SA players last round who did rue the day i sent my td's at them. much bounty was had offa sa players last round. my td's chewed em up pretty good ;)

i killed more SA than harversters last round. was a good time.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I never said they were invincible :p

But as an attacking player, you can't really go wrong with either SAs or RPGs.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Id prefer SA, due to the Sins also.

If you have a decent number of sins aswell as SA, then you can pretty much take on anything.

As Ant said, there is no right answer to this question, or everyone would simply go the route. But Toby also has a decent answer, due to the factors given

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
because of the rock scissor paper balance of the game the best route changes depending on the situation,

best route to kill an rpg is different to the best to kill and sa. so the best route could be argued to be the one that can kill the most other routes. which can limit rpgs if you are talking about variety of routes, but not so much sa's. but then some of the stronger routes wont fire as early but will be more discouraging to be attack.

not many preople bother hitting a well set up fantasy player, because there are normally better targets. but attacking wise you are more limited. so depends what you want to do attack or defend, fire early or late, survive or be less able to survive, and what other routes you want to kill. armour or health. if you decide that then its easier to state the best route for the job

Max

Garden Designer
Dragons. They make a mockery of the rock paper scissors system and can technically kill any setup. Since we are talking about one single route anyway, route combinations are far more powerful.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Dragons. They make a mockery of the rock paper scissors system and can technically kill any setup. Since we are talking about one single route anyway, route combinations are far more powerful.

They only struggle with mass harriers realy. No set up against that. The rest of the routes out there, pretty much. Ofc robo and strikers depend on size and set up. Also you have to spec them differently for the different targets, so it is like rock scissors paper. Just more "i fancy changing from rock to paper now" able

Massing sirens against edd's TL rushes was one of my highlights :p

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
rpgs with enough snipers make a mockery of dragons. argument nullified.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
rpgs with enough snipers make a mockery of dragons. argument nullified.

I use sirens when i hit rpg...at a ratio greater that 1:2 makes it pretty easy win tbh far better than trusting golems and sorcs. Infact to be exact before azzer actually buffed them to get better tl ratios etc, they were getting 1:2.06 on snipers. I expect now its closer to 1:2.2 or so.

antisback

Head Gardener
Nonsense, for the price of 1m Sirens and 1m Dragons you can get 2.5m TL's and 2.5m Hools, which would annihilate the fant player, every route can get dicked on by a good 2/3 routes in the game, it's actually all pretty well balanced.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Nonsense, for the price of 1m Sirens and 1m Dragons you can get 2.5m TL's and 2.5m Hools, which would annihilate the fant player, every route can get dicked on by a good 2/3 routes in the game, it's actually all pretty well balanced.

Considering 1m Sirens stun 1.5 of your 2.5m TL leaving 1m TL split 50/50 between sirens and dragons and given that hools don't improve the TL:dragon ratio that much because the armour limitation is only slightly greater than the health limitation in the TL's ability to kill dragons (i take that from a post max made about a TL:dragon ratio going from 2.8:1 to 2.1:1 with hools disabling though i didn't quite believe it myself) AND that the hools don't disable many themselves, i imagine you would have about 600-650k dragons firing on you at the end, enough to kill somewhere around 1.5m TL when taking into account the 85:15 (TL:hool) ratio of the dragon targetting. You'd do just as well with pure TL and better with dogs and TL. I would have argued the dogs + TL combo over TL + hools against max's idea about dragons being strong against all routes.

I agree with you max that it is a versatile route but every time you select a setup that favours killing SA for example, you leave yourself more open to rpg+sniper or a thug route.

p.s. Screw you willy :p

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Lol

1m sirens stop 1,550k tl... So only 950k tls will fire.....so you would kill...400k sirens, and 200k dragons around about, so 800k dragon fire, and kill 1.6m tl not a crushing defeat. 600k siren fire next tick, stop 900 of your 900k Tls, and you dont fire last tick when dragons do

. Maybe hooli will stop a few more sirens you claim and sway things, but sirens have more health than most people realise it takes 7.7 m rpg to kill a siren, Also if your going siren heavy you want more than a 1:1 ratio. You use the sirens to stop health hitter firing. You need enough to be able to attack. Ive played the route this way alot and killed tls and rpgs with it in this manner, Cba to do the maths but yeah it doesnt get much prettier with more siren and less dragon. Probably stop your tls altogether or near enough. All i am saying is i agree with max set up the route right and it can take out most other routes (except harrier heavy harrier) but that doesnt make it the best. Just fun.

You set up like this your robo weak. Swings and roundabouts. Myself and iamsmart debated this before. Find the thread you will see some br and ratios. Ps. My figures above are from ratios ive seen and collected...not to mention they are the base ratios ignoring supersecret hidden bonus power

antisback

Head Gardener
Sirens get closer to 1:1.3 (at best) on tl's(tl's have 2* of armour, same as siren's AD so 1.55 is a pretty big stretch). Hools will almost double the ratio tl's get on dragons (one of the best for cost armour strippers on the game), they are armour based with some HP, tl's do AD with some HD and hools give them a nice boost. Furthermore no fant player is going to buy only dragons and sirens, whereas it's perfectly plausible for a thug player to mass tl's and hools, maybe with HT's if you're worried about LT (which will only help as cheap let flak for the sirens).

I tested this all out in a pw last round, cost for cost the hool - tl combo is the best for taking out an equal sized fant player unless they go siren heavy which very few people do as it leaves them open to a whole combo of other problems. Don't get me wrong it's a powerful route defensively when set up properly but it's not as overpowered as people make out.

Last edited: