Notice from the government

GeorgeZ

Digger
I recently received this after attacking someone:

"The Government is angry at how frequently we are forcing their anti-rape forces to have to defend targets. As a punishment, we have lost 225 honour and 0% AR Modifier. We should be careful not to trigger AR again for quite a while, incase the government get really angry..."

The thing is, the government never came, or came and recalled. Is there another reason behind this? Thank you.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yes. The amount of defending the government is doing is not to you, it's to your targets. So apparently you've been hitting a lot of targets and you are triggering a lot of AR, and as a result, the government has deemed it that you are "bashing" IDs. I.E. You are hitting much lower targets than yourself, and triggering AR, and therefore you have lost a lot of honour.

GeorgeZ

Digger
Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it.

I think I was a bit misleading. The target did not receive any government help nor did I trigger his AR. It was also my first time attacking this target.

Which brings me back to the same question. Why did I receive this message?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Having looked into it, of your last 3 attacks you've triggered once, with a secondary last tick trigger caused by someone else on the same attack. This shouldn't be enough to really set it off, but the fairness calculator, or some other hidden game mechanic might be penalising you for constantly attacking with a friend. :p

Yochoko

Head Gardener
you probably triggered someone else who was attacking the same target 1-2 tick(s) in front fo you and you didn't spy till you got to the 'attack for 3'? thus, you didn't see the gov showing up on 'your' attack, but did to someone else who was in front of you?

those things are easily ignored when you only concentrate on *your* attacks. but remember that other people too might be attacking the same target at the same time/a couple ticks before you/or after you. so, what i recommend is to follow your attack. check if you are not triggering someone who sent before you, check if you are going to be triggered by someone who sent after you (in this case, you should send a mail that you've sent to the target before them and they are going to trigger on you. but please take a diplomatic way and don't go calling them in names :X), etc. read the spy report carefully and you'll be fine!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Yes. The amount of defending the government is doing is not to you, it's to your targets. So apparently you've been hitting a lot of targets and you are triggering a lot of AR, and as a result, the government has deemed it that you are "bashing" IDs. I.E. You are hitting much lower targets than yourself, and triggering AR, and therefore you have lost a lot of honour.

I think this is wrong completely. A few round back azzer introduced a rule to stop people intentionally triggering thier friends. What this means is some people would get incoming. let the incoming kill them for one tick and get a friend to send 1 hippy/yob at them. when that hippy/yob gets to attacking for 3 the game recalculates the troops at the target, and decide if Anti rape forces were needed. and because the target had just died has high AR and less score the government will decide it is needed.

This could not be outright banned as it was impossible to know for sure if it was intentional, so a system was introduced. The system says the second attacker on a target (even if sent the same tick) could be triggering and if the government is called then the person is flagged. if you continue to trigger and get X amount of flags . (There are likely other factors, frequency between triggers, size of attacker to the target?) but in general do this too many times you lose some % of your AR, do it even more times and you will lose your government defence alltogether for a time. keep doing it beyond this and that time the GOV defence is lost for will be longer, and so on

in otherwords, bashing, attacking and triggering alone, and the range and technique with which you attack has no bearing. only if some one else is infront of you.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
what if there was some machanism by which alternative governement forces were triggered in this situation. Such as SAS which only targets range?

In fact, what if normal SAS only targetted range????

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
That could work if they were reworked to only fire mid for the 2nd tick.. which is where it gets tricky, i don't know how hard to code it would be to re-figure when troops fire every tick, but I don't imagine it would be easy. Otherwise, it would be possible to survive through the gov firing first tick, to land on last-tick, whilst still big enough to trigger (but the gov not firing..)

bit tired, so I hope that made sense, probably has enough errors to give a few of our nazi's a brainsplosion of nerdrage. :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
what if there was some machanism by which alternative governement forces were triggered in this situation. Such as SAS which only targets range?

In fact, what if normal SAS only targetted range????

there are many suggestions and discussions like this. tried to search the forums but could not find them. most go with sas send and target range. and either do more damage to ensure range attacker dies, or target differently. innocents and lethals. etc.

then the issue would be poms. over sending and landing. and i cant remeber but i think toby came up with a good solution. cant seemed to find the thread.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
im going to attack and tirgger on my own and poms get police and riot police.. (sometimes just police odly enough wierd that)

so as a pom if i trigger on some one... whats going to arrive and stop the guy in front landing? no amount of the current SAS are going to scare me either, but police and riots come in too, = no land lost

and you cant have riotpolice, or regular police just targetting ranged (and if police target close still = issue)

though it could be done if you trigger (i think toby's idea in the other thread was along these lines) the person who tirggers determins the units sent to defend - at range face ranged sas/or riots at ranged. and mid face middle riots and sas, and at close face police. and just set it so that the system sends as it does now. but sends a different unit each tick. (it already checks if the AR defence is still needed each tick, why not have it resend?)

though would require you ensuring if a further tirgger happened by another follower aka some one following a person that has triggered they also have the potential to trigger there own ranged SAS even if stuff is already there. and suddenly things are getting alot more complex to code ... anyway the other thread some where had a very good discussion and sets of ideas on this