MW3 or BF3 for ps3?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I never thought I'd buy any of it, but I friend brought me MW3 yesterday and let me try it, and I loved it. So I thought I'd buy a console game. It's a bit more chill than playing on a computer, and a bit more social (since you can play coop etc). So my question to you guys is: If you owned a PS3, would you buy MW3 or BF3? (I got a 48" HD LCD TV with surround speakers, but I guess they're pretty similar in terms of grafic..)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
it really comes down to personal preference. Basically, Battlefield is more tactical. COD is more fast paced (which I prefer).

I recommend you read the IGN and The Telegraph reviews and see what picks your fancy. I think they both do good reviews, but its even better to see how they can have a different take on a certain aspect of the game.

IGN MW3 review
IGN BF3 review

The Telegraph MW3 review
The Telegraph BF3 review

But yeah, console > PC just cos its so much more chilled, get comfy and relax on the lounge :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
assuming they are both on par with thier usual standard
(yet to see anything but the beta with bf3, but hear good things)

id say you either like battle field, or you like modern warfare. (or both) but they are completely different styles of game. if you are looking at it from the point of view of chilling out. i think mw3 will be better for when you have mates over. co-op, 2 player split screen online. and all that jazz.

I dont think they have it on BF3 (i may be wrong). i see mw3 on console as being designed for the console. where as i think battle field is more of an after thought. lets make a console version now we have the pc one done. not that its not fun but it is more intense

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Personally I see battlefield as more serious tactical "combat" and COD as more fast paced fun...obviously that's just play style to a degree but for me cod is a game that I can pick up and play for 20 mins and have constant battles whereas BF3 is more of a full on long sesh.

But yeah it's just personal preference, personally if i could have only had one of them I'd have gone for COD as IMO you'll get more out of it...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I think BF3 is infinitely more rewarding as a game. Teamwork, skill, accuracy etc are all very important. In MW3 it's much more run and gun and who pulls the trigger first which is, tbh, boring after awhile.

I think given what I know of you No-Dachi I think you'd prefer BF3 as a game.

Why don't you rent both and see which you'd prefer, surely that would be the easiest way to decide?

mrmongo

Harvester
this ^^^^^^^^^ MW3 is run and gun, face paced lack of teamwork, stupid no scope sniper rifles, tiny levels..... fun for a while but annoying as hell.... BF£ = big open levels with total variety of how u wanna play, vehicles, amazing for teamwork with ability to spawn on your squad members etc... BF3 wins for me... failing that Batman Arkham City has been very good!!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I played MW3 again today, and I see what you mean regarding the levels feeling like mazes. I'll give BF3 a try then :)

..and I trust Alci's knowledge of me.