• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Minor battle report change

callum828

Planter
So I was being attacked, and I ran all my troops (including gardeners etc) to id 1. No problem with that, when I come on later, I find that I have lost land but not seen the battle report of the thieves stealing that land.

I feel that players should be able to see if they have lost land/seeds etc even if they don't have any troops at home at the time. Seems to make sense to me.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Re: Minor battle report change

That have been suggested a few times before and it still isn't implement although I see no reason for not implementing it...

I would like to see a discussion on the matter, please don't lock it if possible.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Lol we don't lock *that* fast, f0xx.. :roll:

The reasoning behind getting no news is simple; if there is no-one at your company during the attack, your staff can't report or tell you what happened exactly. Makes sense, but it could be nice seeing the news when not having staff at home. Or just leave/buy 1 gardener!

dafe

Harvester

i can understand the thought behind it, but i agree it would be nice to see a BR (even if its eating cookies and drinking tea which they didnt have) without having to buy 1 gard or something for the last tick (or if you get waved, multiple ticks)...also because if you get zeroed when offline you see nothing of the ppl that send right after it so you have no idea who mightve stolen what...and for this i dont see a negative side either

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Yes the thought behind we know it, but gameplay is much more important. Also, if you want it to be more realistic - cameras.

Nevaes

Weeder

This has been suggested countless time before.. I am sure people have came up with the same reasons anyone posting here are coming up with. So I will add one that I believe has been suggested before as well.

This game is supposed to be semi-realistic. It has weather that affects seed and plant production. Your staff is lazy on the job at night. So.. why can't we get the land loss BR when we run our troops? I mean.. think about it. It would make perfect sense. It doesn't have to be any elaborate BR. It can clearly use the coding already incorporated for land loss BRs.

My reasoning:

If you were to own a business. You would be keeping tabs on your land. Yes, you can MANUALLY do this. But not many of us decide to tab down our land before we go to sleep or leave. Some of us have a life outside of Bush, ...others that suggest this maybe don't. Not pointing fingers. <3; But, if you were to own a business, and no one was to be there when something was taken. You would find out about it, yes? It is seldom that a legitimate business gets robbed and then doesn't find out about it. So, I would reckon that the staff would report the loss to the owner, that would be the BR. The staff would realize that it does not take as many of them as it had before to achieve the maximum potential for the land. Meaning.. your staff would see there is land missing. By all means, it would be plenty easier to use a normal land loss BR for this scenario. But, if someone had time, they could code something special. Something like, and by no means do not hold me to this.. this is just a suggestion, and I am giving you the idea of what I mean.

"company lost x amount of land."

And leave the owner in the blue about how much of each land, just so people could be content with seeing how much land they lost.

Or.. quit being lazy... Spy the person that attacked you. --;

Nevaes

Pete

Pruner

Yeah when u return a news should tell you what was lost.
I mean cmon your troops have to be retards not to notice 15% of their workplace gone. Its like going home to find your toilets gone, your guna have to realise eventually.

Tim

Harvester

If we're talking realism, why not have CCTV installed at each ID so that if you run your men you still get the reports (The CCTV videos are broadcasted to a video mobile phone?) :p

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

then the CYBERNETIC T-REX'S HATE EVERYTHING

thats how real this game is...

vlad

Harvester

i agree with above. I look at my "ID" on the "Enter Game" screen, look for the "N" sign, and take a glimpse at my land. I know what i have to about 50acres either way, not hard to say, remember 8.2k land, and a hit on that would take you to under 7k, so you notice the difference. Also, now with injuries, you are less likely to take ALOT of land hits without troops there, especialy while solo, removing the need for this to be implemented. I'm sure, say as a solo, 18 ticks isn't bad, considering it takes 8 ticks for the battle to happen, and thats if you are zeroed on the third tick, which rarely happends from what i've seen. So 10 ticks, unless a wave, which probaly triggers on solo (in alliance, thats what alliances mates are there for, to atleast tell you, or incoming threads) there is 10 ticks with no men, and like i said .. its 8 ticks per standard attack :D

so not alot of missing news there :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i don't see any necessity for this to be honest. I mean i won't object to it being implemented.

Who cares what amount of land you lost? I'm sure you can almost always guesstimate how much you've lost to each player. even if you couldn't, where's the importance? The point usually is you lost land, who cares who you lost it to, or how much. And if you really care, spy them.

i don't see this as a necessary or even remotely important change. Sorry.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

I agree with Nevaes on 1 point

- you can spy your attacker. tells you land lost.

any effectiveness gained/lost is negligible. if you wanted to see effectiveness you would have left troops home to fight.

the base is being ransacked so in the sacking (especially if troops are there to fight) then everything is being disrupted and communication would be spotty at best. so eye witnesses (your troops) are the only reliable means of reporting back to you.

if you didn't know how many acres you had before you logged out - you didn't deserve them in the first place :twisted:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I can see where Garrett and Alci are coming from, but I can remember times when I've come online after a night out, or just a couple of hours afk, and found myself completely ****ed with nothing left. This change would make it a lot easier to find out who did what, as it can be practically impossible to understand news if there's a lot going on...it's even worse if you don't have the news to tell you something HAS happened.

I can't see this change damaging gameplay, and it's not as if it's making things too easy. All it's doing is making information easier to access.

roger rabbit

Harvester

the poor guy already lost all his troops, a nice chuck of land from a few players, and THEN you want him to spend £10,000,000 a pop to find out who stole what from after all its over and done with? so you have to spy the original attacker, then spy the subsequent attackers. add more salt to the wound please...

f0xx

Landscape Designer

With the injury system there is no way to for someone to lose "all" of his troops. But I just see no point in having to spy all the attackers so that you can find out who landed on you and who didn't, who pigged who, who trigger AR intentionally and saved your arse... yes at the end after some spying and talking to peeps you will find it eventually, its just annoying you have to do it.

Max

Garden Designer

I've always wanted this implemented but it never has been :(

I don't see any strong argument against the change, so having knowledge of how much land you lost and when would be a great addition.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

most people seem to want it.

[h:2zhqt5e7]I Dont[/h:2zhqt5e7]. No particular reason, but just for the sake of it. on a sperate point If someoen 100% 0's you and you have no units left you also dont get the br for the following ticks?

i think its like a reward. If you run you obviously dont care enough about your land to fight for it. So why does it matter what happens to it. you shouldnt be informed imo. and you can easily spie your attackers. or even go to http://www.nobreakspace.com and look at eveything.

SIDE:
also please dont be padantic about if it was real you would have CCTV or You wouldnt. also you have no cctv. if you want to go down that route id say yourd need to tech cctv
Then yourd also need to wait till there was some one watching cctv tapes when your men return from running away. So it couldnt be a tick by tick br. and you wouldnt be able to see the outcome. As how would you see the cctv if your not at your own farm. Or yourd have to tech a satalite link to a remote laptop to see it. hope you see the pointlessness

also the army could destroy the cctv cameras etc. so really its just being padantic trying to justify it either way, the only factor that matters is do you want it or not. i dont, because i think running is a punishable offence. you dont get to see what happens. your a pussy that ran away so you dont deserve the battle report as you obviously dont care about the land. Although i know this isnt the case always. but still I run away and dont feel the need for a Br its quite clear if no defence 10% loss 90% remains if its a bash.
10% - 15 % max for every wave, means you take the amount of land remaining and divide it by a number between 0.85-0.9. if its a wave then be closer to 0.9 for all but the last attacker

Souls

Official Helper

willymchilybily said:
SIDE:
also please dont be padantic about if it was real you would have CCTV or You wouldnt. also you have no cctv. if you want to go down that route id say yourd need to tech cctv

Erm...

Motion alarms beeped, and we saw a spy on our CCTV systems that works for I Just Spied You of But You Caught Me [n00b].

:p

Fortune

Harvester

lol! tbh, this wouldnt be too helpful as you can simply spy and now it may show up on your enemies list but i can see the advantage of seeing effectivness lost..........it really depends if Azzer can actually be bothered to do such a smalll change