Mass Effect 3

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
There's a lot of complaints flying around the news about a terrible ending that doesn't vary at all based on choices throughout the game.

If anyone has finished yet - what is your opinion of the ending?

I haven't finished it. But apparently 20,000 people signed a petition within the first like 2 weeks about the **** ending. Supposedly Bioware is changing it. But who knows.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
I've finished it.

People are annoyed by the ending as your choices don't have that much effect on it. Without giving too much away, there are three main endings, and you choose which one in the final moments of the game. And it's amazing. I loved the ending I picked, I thought it was brilliant. And the choices you make in the game are important, the shape the journey, and how you ultimatly get to your ending.

The way I look at it is this. The game starts the same for everyone, and is going to end the same for everyone (There will be one ending that is considered 'canon' and the official ending). But that's not what is important, as everything you do, between those two points is the important part, how you get to the ending, what decisions you make along the way are going to matter, going to change how you do things, who is alive, what conversations and friendships and such you make, and get to have in the final hours of the game. That's what is important, not a cut scene that lasts a few minutes. Also I'd imagine the way you played the game and the choices you made are going to effect your decisions towards the end.

The game is fantastic, it's a brilliant 30 hours (with DLC complete and all side missions) and I'll be playing it at least once more!

Bobbin

Head Gardener
willymchilybily - she needs to not be in exile as far as I know.

I had her loyal and not in exile and I saved both. Oh and she was my love interest too as I carried it over from ME2.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Ty bobbin.

Ps its endings depend on what you load. And your effective military strength. Aka if you don't do any side missions etc to help the cruicible etc, and don't play multiplayer to boost galactic readyness ( dont need to do this if you do all the side missions) And you rush through the game, you will have one out come from the set of choices you make based on not having enough effective military strength......you get virtually the same out come if you do get a high enough military strength, but with a slight tweak. (hence why people don't consider it a different ending)

Also the main thing is if you didn't import mass effect 2, you only get 2 options to chose from not 3. As you needed to not destroy the collector base in mass effect 2 to get the third option. And it's that option I'm working on now. And want to see!

To be honest it looks like its trying to wrap up the whole series. Leaving enough room for a prequel etc. that's what people probably don't like. In terms of story I thought it quite a good end also

Bobbin

Head Gardener
No. There are three different outcomes with minor tweaks depending on strength and previous imports/choices etc.

There are 16 'different endings' but each ending fits into one of three themes and aren't all that different to one another. Not saying it's a bad thing, but that's how it is.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
No. There are three different outcomes with minor tweaks depending on strength and previous imports/choices etc.

There are 16 'different endings' but each ending fits into one of three themes and aren't all that different to one another. Not saying it's a bad thing, but that's how it is.

*Spoiler*

yeah it does suck a bit to claim 16 endings. but i kinds did expect it only to be slight difference to make the 16. i expected a good difference in the main 3 choices though. which as video below shows there really isnt.

the three options give 6 core outcomes. 6 choice endings videos

anyway nvm