Mass Effect 3

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Released yesterday for us. Got my copy today after my exam. See you in a few months! ;)

Anyone else got a copy?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
So far, graphics are lovely, storyline is epic, and somehow, the guns seem to sound better. Pistol sounds super awesome, and the sniper rifles have a good thumping crack to them. Goodstuff so far, not all that different from ME2 as of yet, but why screw with a good thing?

Kingdroid

Head Gardener
I haven't even played the first two, so I'll get back to you in a year when I do eventually play the 3rd :>

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I played the multiplayer demo and turned it off after 10 mins :/

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Absolutely buzzing for this. My copy is arriving today but I'm currently replaying mass effect 2 before I start 3. I've played the first 2 before but it was on an old gamertag and I wanted to have a save to import to ME3 from both the games so I smashed out mass effect in a day and now I'm on the second one.

Played the demo and was very impressed and the reviews so far have been strong, it's the story that makes me love the ME games so I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

Yeah twigs I'm not sure about the multiplayer thing, doubt I'll end up playing it past a quick try.

Davs

Garden Designer
Having only played a little bit of ME2, if ME3 isn't massively different I can see why the multiplayer might somewhat lacking. But if the storyline's epic I'll have to find a way to power through the first two and then get it :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I didn't even know it offered multiplayer, why on earth anyone would bother playing it is beyond me, but whatever. The singleplayer rocks. Absolutely rocks. I'm shocked, and awed. Mostly because the Reapers have raped and violated and annihilated earth, but other than that, it's just goddamned awesome.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I didn't even know it offered multiplayer, why on earth anyone would bother playing it is beyond me, but whatever. The singleplayer rocks. Absolutely rocks. I'm shocked, and awed. Mostly because the Reapers have raped and violated and annihilated earth, but other than that, it's just goddamned awesome.

Watched a review (havent played at all yet) and apparently you can gain points through the multiplayer which adds to your "galactic readiness" or something like that. So basically multiplayer will help with the outcome of the single player story...only reason I'll play it tbh.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
I played the Demo. Loved it. The multiplayer is fun... My copy will probably arrive monday, so I'm going to replay Mass Effect 2 in that time, make sure I get all the choices I want to take with me into ME3.

Can't ****ing wait.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I played the Demo. Loved it. The multiplayer is fun... My copy will probably arrive monday, so I'm going to replay Mass Effect 2 in that time, make sure I get all the choices I want to take with me into ME3.

Can't ****ing wait.

Exactly my thoughts, to get the choices I wanted (specifically everyone surviving at end game) I had to do it twice but finished late last night so I'm just about to start ME3 now. Just waiting for the "From Ashes" DLC to download.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Can't ****ing wait.

Exactly my thoughts, to get the choices I wanted (specifically everyone surviving at end game) I had to do it twice but finished late last night so I'm just about to start ME3 now. Just waiting for the "From Ashes" DLC to download.

My problem is I completed ME2 three times, each with different deicions made and things happen, and I can't remember which is which, and knowing my luck I'd pick the wrong save to take with me into ME3

Max

Garden Designer
That's awesome that they have engineered some real continuity between the games, I'm loving it. Have people finished Skyrim though? That's the question!

tomtree

Head Gardener
loving the game so far, much to the detriment of my 3 essays that im meant to be writing... due in in under 4 hours and ive only finished one of them so far. not ideal...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
That's awesome that they have engineered some real continuity between the games, I'm loving it. Have people finished Skyrim though? That's the question!

I gave up on finishing that beast a while back when I needed to actually get some Uni work done. I'll go back to it and finish the main game at least soon for the achievements if nothing else.

On topic this game is sooooo good, I am a fair bit through now but doing all the little side quests and stuff so taking my time. They have done a really good job in doing what they did with ME3, looking at the previous game and bringing all the good stuff forward and improving anything which wasn't up to scratch (rather than trying to do something completely different each time OR leaving it exactly the same). I have heard (as I'm sure we all have) terrible things about the ending but I will wait and judge for myself when I finish it in a few days...will be a while as I'm trying to get to 100% galactic readiness as well through the multiplayer and I dont have that much time to play MP

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
first play through, no import. ...was good

second play through imported character....mind Blown!! everyone coming back. etc.

but there is one thing really fecking annoying me. i cant save the geth and the quarians. i do all the side missions. save the cornol, not his crew. but im not able to do the choice (after you chose to upload code on the stand off after killing the reaper you get a second choice and get a charm option) both play throughs tali was exiled... i think if she isnt exiled she can help you. but i have a feeling she has to be loyal and so does legion

now whats ****ing me off the most is i did that on my first playthrough of ME2 with super paragon shepard. but i went for a second play through with same character. and didnt finish. soooo i couldnt load that character through. and i dont know if i have both tali and legion loyal ion my other characters(one for every class). i have atleast one where tali is not exiled but isnt loyal. i dont know if i have one where she is loyal and not exiled since it got saved over.... and i dont know if saving the heretics or destroying them is best, but my final character i saved the heretics.

can anyone confirm if they managed to save both races and form peace, with ethier tali in exile, or tali not loyal? im woundering if thats the deciding factor. [all the other tick boxes i do no problem. its just those options that i dont get.]

Max

Garden Designer
There's a lot of complaints flying around the news about a terrible ending that doesn't vary at all based on choices throughout the game.

If anyone has finished yet - what is your opinion of the ending?