IRC Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahead

Head Gardener
It was a nice Sunday afternoon, the sun was shining and I was having a nice chat with 2 of my in-game friends on irc in the bushtarion general chat IRC channel.

Then all of a sudden, me and my friends were banned for no reason at all.

Logs:

[18:04:16] <Fardie_> what was i kicked for?
[18:04:16] <Farvie> [18:02] * Fardie was kicked by Squiffy
[18:04:19] <Farvie> No reason
[18:04:24] <Fardie_> interesting..
[18:04:27] <Inferno> because i said so

--------------------------

[18:04:53] * Squiffy sets mode: +b *!AJHickling@stuECE1.kent.ac.uk
[18:04:53] * Farvie was kicked by Squiffy ([1] The Op who kicked you didn't give a reason (Inferno) Duration: 0m)

^ also NO reason

---------------------------

[18:05:21] <Fardie_> Inferno
[18:05:23] <Fardie_> what did he do?
[18:05:43] <Inferno> i do not have to explain my actions to you

----------------------------

[18:06:01] <Fardie> you need a reason to ban someone!
[18:06:04] <Farvie> ya
[18:06:08] * Squiffy sets mode: +b *!AJHickling@stuECE1.kent.ac.uk
[18:06:08] * Farvie was kicked by Squiffy ([1] The Op who kicked you didn't give a reason (Inferno) Duration: 10m)
[18:06:12] <Fardie> you cant just ****ing do it whenever you want
[18:06:21] * Squiffy sets mode: +b *!Ahead@cpc1-rdng5-0-0-cust446.winn.cable.ntl.com
[18:06:21] * You were kicked by Squiffy ([1] The Op who kicked you didn't give a reason (Inferno) Duration: 10m)

Now this is abuse of power imo. We were actually doing nothing wrong, we weren't spamming, we were just talking about bushtarion, there were no excessive nick changes, use of capitals, spam, or use of inappropriate words. I DEMAND REASONS!
Either that or for the op in question to be removed from his position.

Edit: More logs:

[18:00] * You were kicked by P ((Oglukje) I)
[18:00] * Attempting to rejoin channel #bushtarion
[18:00] * Rejoined channel #bushtarion
[18:00] * Topic is 'Welcome to Bushtarion - FREE web-based strategy game @ www.bushtarion.com | IRC rules: http://www.bushtarion.com/wiki/index.php?title=IRC_Rules | Bushtarion stays on GMT, does not adjust for Summer Time'
[18:00] * Set by DA on Sun Mar 29 16:41:29
[18:00] * Farvie was kicked by P ((Oglukje) R)
[18:00] * Farddie was kicked by P ((Oglukje) JACKBOOT!)
[18:00] <Fardie> im sorry?
[18:00] * Farvie has joined #bushtarion
[18:00] <Farvie> o.0
[18:00] <Fardie> why was i kicked?
[18:00] * Farddie has joined #bushtarion
[18:00] <Farvie> What did I do
[18:00] <Fardie> why was i kicked?
[18:00] <Fardie> tell us a reason
[18:00] <Farddie> yea
[18:00] <Farvie> We are talking
[18:00] <Ogluk> i dont like you

Silence

Head Gardener
It was a traumatic event. :(

I feel that my lovely sunny Sunday afternoon was ruined :'( This does not sparkle with me at all. I feel that Inferno as a op is dreadful. I feel no urge to respect him as he is rude to those who are in the general channel. He clearly feels that people should not talk in a chat room.

So now, the campaign. Remove Inferno from his postion as op (this one is actually serious as he is actually abusing his power)

~Farvie

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator
http://www.bushtarion.com/wiki/index.php?title=IRC_Rules#Operator_rights said:
Operator rights

7.1 Channel staff reserve the right to warn, kick and/or ban any user at their discretion based on their behaviour in the channel.

7.2 If you disagree with an action performed by op, expressing it in the channel is not the way to go. Normal attempts to converse in private about a manner will be taken seriously. Attempts in public, or with offensive grounds are likely not to be taken into consideration and can get you banned.

Ahead

Head Gardener
It was a traumatic event. :(

I feel that my lovely sunny Sunday afternoon was ruined :'( This does not sparkle with me at all. I feel that Inferno as a op is dreadful. I feel no urge to respect him as he is rude to those who are in the general channel. He clearly feels that people should not talk in a chat room.

So now, the campaign. Remove Inferno from his postion as op (this one is actually serious as he is actually abusing his power)

~Farvie

Agreed. The evidence is in my first post, formal complaints will be made.

I would also like to add new logs. A 2 day ban for no reason? Unjustified.

[18:26:40] * Squiffy sets mode: +b *!Ahead@cpc1-rdng5-0-0-cust446.winn.cable.ntl.com
[18:26:40] * You were kicked by Squiffy ([1] HL (Inferno) Duration: 2d 0h 0m)

Changer

Head Gardener
Any problems should be brought up with Azzer and not in public.

On a side note, I can now join #bushtarion again as your behavior weather or not being against the rules was annoying and had already led to me and someone else leaving the channel

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Thread locked

Any problem(s) with staff should be reported directly to Azzer.

Azzer will deal with complaints/queries regarding IRC Ops.

The public forums are not here to provide a medium for putting forth such issues, other than facilitating communication between the person(s) involved and Azzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.