• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Honour/Fame System

Jase

Harvester
For old times sake plus it added a little extra fun to bush just without the units though because they were pretty useless when you got them..

Only a certain amount of people will understand what it is so i will explain..

When you attacked, you either attacked honorably or bashed people, when you bashed or massed people you would get bad fame, attacking people your size or higher gave good fame.

After so much Good/Negative fame you would gain "titles" (there was more then 10 so i can't remember them all), evil people had a "bounty" on their head and people who attacked them would a % more bounty for the kills (if they attacked alone, more people = less bounty like now), even without the bounty bonus i think it should come back just to add something else and see who wants to be a saint (can't remember the best good one) and who wants to be a villain..

Note sure how long it's been since someone has said this or if anyone has so i thought i would put it up :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
http://bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2290&highlight=fame

That is a discussion which had to with L/F and the 'old system'. From that sprung the idea of the 'Fairness Calculator' which is addressed here: http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1668

It would need a new and working "fairness calculator" - the reasons for it's removal are largely down to the impracticalities of the current one. If/once a new FC has been created that actually "works" and can be detailed in it's workings publically etc., there's no stopping what it can be used for...! ;)

Lifted directly from the Portal Updates log also:

* A new "Fairness Calculator" has been implemented but is currently only "background code" - new FC values are being generated in battles but are not currently being used. This is to ensure I can run enough data and tests on it in all of your live battles to check for problems, abuses - situations where it's too low, too high etc. - and tweak as necessary, before implementing it. Advance note: This system may go live mid-round, which will impact bounty gain levels, max-land-cap levels, and effectiveness gains.
Search functions are your friend. ;)

Last edited:

lavadog

Head Gardener
yeah, Azzer is probably already running the fairness calc in the background to fine tune it and release it mid round.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Garrett

Landscape Designer
While it fixed a lot of problems, it created a whole set of new ones. Invincible TLs anyone?

Are you confusing L/F with exp?

yes a little but remember that the L/F titles affected how much potential xp you could gain iirc. you were kapped with red titles, gained it easier with green and got a 7.5% boost on xp if you were psolo.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Garret is right. I also seem to recall that the higher LF you had, the higher XP your units would have when you buy them, capped ay 17.5% exp, iirc. That was utterly flawed, however, the LF system that gives bounty for red titled players, and perhaps higher insurance for green titled players could work, as long as it's tweaked to avoid solos abusing it.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Yeah, certainly we could sub something else in instead of XP for green. But the red titles and bounty were great.

Jase

Harvester
While it fixed a lot of problems, it created a whole set of new ones. Invincible TLs anyone?

Are you confusing L/F with exp?

Think i wouldn't mind that coming back too tbh, made attacks alot less unpredictable!

Do you mean it made attacks a lot less predictable? Because that's what it did.

Oops yeah, i think i meant to put "alot more unpredictable" and probs thought about putting less predictable at same time :D