Highlight issue on IRC

Nitrous

Head Gardener
My HL dont work atm. Im sure its a basic problem, but seeing how I know nothing. I'd like some help on solving this issue. Even newly added ones dont play the noise / songs I set. :/ Help please?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Have you ensured that it is enabled in the Address Book in mIRC?

Does anything play, or is there just no sound/response at all?

Is the file you're using for the sound available on your system? (i.e. not on an unplugged external hard drive)

I found that if I was using multiple Highlights and if they were the same word (like !Alci and !Alcibiades) that the long form has to be first since mIRC will treat them the same if you don't since it reads the first letters of the !Alcibiades one, gets to the i and plays the music for the !Alci one. Took me awhile to figure that out lol

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Yee, it is enabled in address book. There is no sound or response at all. And its on an external hard drive which is plugged in and working fine - all my other applications can play the same audio file. I only had one at first which didnt work, then I added in the other similar ones and one completely random one, "Pizza" if you want to know, and still nothing. :/. Any ideas? Appreciate the help :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Weird.

Try just deleting the old ones and making a new one from scratch. If that doesn't work i'd be tempted to uninstall/reinstall mIRC.

Hopefully someone else can help you because without just fiddling around i'm not too sure what else you can do :p

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Nope, that didnt work Shadowbane...and I'll try Alci's method or uninstalling then reinstalling later on when i cba. :p

Changer

Head Gardener
on !1:TEXT:!Nitrous*:#CHANNEL: { /splay C:\SOUND FILE HERE }

Alter that to use the sound file you want and any specific channel you may require, then paste it into Remote scripts.