Google Phone

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Google Phone

yeah, personally i found it hard to get used to for about a day...but now i'd say im as quick if not quicker at typing on the iphone than i was with my old keypad nokia...

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I think biggest difference can be found in usage of smilies, dots, commas etc. stuff. With keyb it is much easier to make your messages to be more "alive" faster, than with numbad where you must wait 5 seconds after each dot to write "..." or go throught long long list of stuff to make :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

BlackWolf said:
I think biggest difference can be found in usage of smilies, dots, commas etc. stuff. With keyb it is much easier to make your messages to be more "alive" faster, than with numbad where you must wait 5 seconds after each dot to write "..." or go throught long long list of stuff to make :)

What phone are you using? I can write just about any message including smilies or not without a huge fuss.... Maybe you just need practice? :S

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I am using TyTN have used for some 2+ years now.
With keyb I meant onscreen/hardware keyb... in comparison to numpads...
I have used multiple Nokias, few Ericssons and one sonyericsson, and it is my opinion that sometimes it was really annoying to try to write normal text messages with numpad. It turned out pretty fast to be shortened words, sentences etc. simply because with numpad certain words are slow to type and commas etc are fuzz to find.

Tim

Harvester

BlackWolf said:
I am using TyTN have used for some 2+ years now.
With keyb I meant onscreen/hardware keyb... in comparison to numpads...
I have used multiple Nokias, few Ericssons and one sonyericsson, and it is my opinion that sometimes it was really annoying to try to write normal text messages with numpad. It turned out pretty fast to be shortened words, sentences etc. simply because with numpad certain words are slow to type and commas etc are fuzz to find.

It used to really annoy me, but since I got my most recent phone (N96) I've learned to use T9 - predictive text - and it is so much more intuitive and easy to use. I can even do "..." and other such things without having to wait 5 seconds between key presses. I can understand that a qwerty keyboard on a handset is useful, but from an aesthetic point of view, it can be a hinderance.

I've used the touch screen iPod too and while the on-screen keyboard is probably the best virtual one I've seen, it certainly isn't something I'd want to use on a regular long term basis.