• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Filter HQ mails

timtadams

Landscape Designer
This is a suggestion to add the ability to filter mail to show HQ mails only.

Currently, if i want to show all mail by ID 1234, I just type '1234' in the 'Filter From:' box and click 'Show'. And that works fine.

I want to be able to filter HQ IDs also. So for example, I want to show all mail from Hypnotoad HQ, I should be able to type AHQ!Hypnotoad and all mail from Hypnotoad HQ shows up.

Or maybe give the alliances IDs that are easily discovered that can be used for said purpose. I don't know the deal with alliance IDs, but when a defending alliance mob is recalled it shows in news with a number like a player ID. For example, when the glorious Hypnotoad troops are recalled after pawning some noobs it shows in the news as Hypnotoad alliance HQ [100002] <-- i dont know what that number is, but maybe they are different between alliances and could be used to filter IDs, or even hax0rs etc.

Cheers

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
The alliances use to use those numbers and not have names. so people couldnt easily discover an alliance id was the theory, i think? (i was noob at this time so i may be wrong), so at HQ was a kinda safe spot. iirc. though it may have appeared on news. the numbers where random, and assigned iirc kind of randomly. between 100001 and 100100? or was it higher. anyway you would send to an id 100001 instead of "AHQ! name" and as no one really played to kill the enemy or to kill troops at hq and all the only important feature was how much land you could get, it all became a much of a muchness

the concept i guess was to make it hard to find an alliance HQ, to spie them for alliance id lists etc.... I think azzer learnt how to code encryption style and decided to invent scramblers instead to try and give more roles to hq. added in more hq troops and did some other stuff. but everything thats ever been done to HQs never really made proper use of them. but he has tried a few times to get them more actively involved, from more units, to higher eta views to more troops to declaring war, and fancy new features. and the ids are just a reminant of the underlying old system that could never be fully removed.

but it was kind of silly as you could spam driveby to the numbers between and pick up the related AHQ ids. also im not sure but they may have even appeared in spies? anyway it all changed as it didnt do what it was meant to do. and there was a want to try and improve the functioning and abilitys of the AHQ

hell once upon a time you use to be able to spie id 1, and get the ids of solos :p....the glory days when azzer cared about suggestions and about improving his baby

edit
i remeber hearing a good suggestion back along to improve alliances AHQs letting you pick a type of ahq you wanted. at each tier you would chose something different. so if you went for say 1% increased land grabs or +1 to eta view etc you might lose something else and so you had a customized option for your hq set up and what you could do with it.

i think i might re introduce that thread as i couldnt find it. or redo it, but better. just for something to do between the rounds see what features would interest people