Fifa 12 xbox360

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Anybody else got it? Thoughts? Feel like playing online?

Firstly, it seems way more difficult than previous fifas on single player. The defending takes a lot of getting used to, and the opposition seem far harder to break down than they did on previous fifas. The old "throughball and lob shot" tactic doesn't seem to work as well. It seems like you have to work a lot harder to create chances, and the type of goals you score seems to vary much more than they did before.

I like the virtual pro career mode so far. I'm playing as a striker for West Ham and it is good fun. The transfers can be pretty comical though. United selling Nani to Spurs anyone?

I just played my first online game against LAFiN and it is a completely different experience to the single player. The tactical defending doesn't seem as difficult and the game seems more open.

If anyone wants a game my gamertag is tobapopalos. Just send me a message telling me who you are (if your gamertag doesn't make it immediately obvious) and I'll give you a game.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
On FIFA 11 defendinng was easy, just holding down 'A' or 'B' and the defenders would automatically run to the ball and tackle for you. I've not bought the game yet, but after playing the demo, it does seem genuinely difficult to get used to.
Be good to get someones views on the standard career mode before I buy it...

Ps. Will give you a game soon toby :p

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Loving the new transfers system. And overall running a club seems to be way more immersive. You've got to try to keep players happy, there's also a new "form" rating to show who on your team is performing well, along with the old energy bar. Deadline day is quite fun to go through, as clubs seem to be throwing around tons of money, and deals can get done in a very short time, instead of the old 4-5 days like in 11.

Overall, the game is quite a bit different from previous years, and it takes some time to get used to, but I'm finding it to be a bit more realistic and fun.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Also, we're looking for members to join our Pro Club. If you'd like to get some games with us, you can find our club, 'Relics'

As of now, I think we're in the North American league, but if we get more Euros looking to join, I'm happy to move divisions.

mrmongo

Harvester
manager mode is fun... but the computer AI is too good, impossible to tackle, yet they run through your defence like hot knife through butter... i played one season on semi pro and was unbeaten with utd but now play snd season on professional and ive lost 5/10 matches... its just unrealistic.. what pisses me off is that you will hit standing tackle button and hit the ball but not even taclke them or it just goes straight back to them like the ball is stuck to them by gravity... not impressed... might take a look at pro evo gutted tho cause manager mode is so fun, transfers, making an ultimate squad, using your pro... sighs.... frustrated.com