Current Bounty Hunting

Joss

Pruner
I just need post a gripe about the current bounty system.

Remove the bounty system totally, atm it is load of BS

The enemy list gets useless in a day after you decide to start bounty hunting because most of them are routes that you can't do damage on, or in the top alliance you actually can't touch or just too damn low to get any bounty on.

and getting a portal ranking on that is just silly and stupid.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: Current Bounty Hunting

when azzer first mentioned the enemies list, i was excited. it had (has?) potential, but definitely am disappointed that it's not been tweaked yet.

Joss

Pruner

The system doesn't work as it is now, and small tweaks won't fix it, at least I don't see how.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

by no means did I say small. I agree with the gripe that it's currently useless. I'm saying I'm disappointed that no real changes to enemies has happened yet. However, injury keeps trying to find a balance. Why can't we balance more than 1 at a time :(

Joss

Pruner

Sorry, I find tweaks to be small things, bounty hunting system needs to be changed a lot or taken out of the game.

I'm in top5 of bounty hunting, but I can't get much more score to the ranking anymore because of the bugged enemy list system.

Maybe it is just a part of the round that this happens, but still, it limits people to be active at it, so it should be removed as a ranking, and maybe put just on the stats.

A suggestion: maybe there should be a global list and user-set bounty amounts(e.g. £1,000,000,000) and only way to claim it fully is to do that amount or more damage to that person. when a person sets a bounty on other person, the amount will be taken from his funds.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

too bad we can't have a system where we can place players on the list for certain behaviors....

like:
I offer 15B on noobless for suspected farming

or

I offer 100B on f0xx for being nice and trying to make a difference

or

I offer 1T on Silence because I like the way he looks at me (oh yeah, and he's legal now... rawr)

However nice this sounds to me, I know would be oh hot damn abusable and would descend into chaos almost immediately.

rooney

Head Gardener

i cant see the enemys list ever working tbh. since it will always work on the basic principle of killing people that hurt you, and 95% of the time people that hurt you are your anti-route. also the idea of i offer Xamount of cash to kill player Y is a nice idea, but i cant see that working mostly because the top ally could just say i offer 5tril to kill member of rank 2 ally and the amount of inc. on that player will be enough to kill the rank2 ally. and since the rank 1 ally have more land than any other ally by a long shot(normally) its just too abusable. maybe if it is limited to a 2/300bil bounty or something though?

Crumpet

Harvester

Garrett said:
too bad we can't have a system where we can place players on the list for certain behaviors....

like:

or

or

I offer 1T on Silence because I like the way he looks at me (oh yeah, and he's legal now... rawr)

However nice this sounds to me, I know would be oh hot damn abusable and would descend into chaos almost immediately.

That would be awesome! Bounty on people that piss you off and anyone and everyone can get it :p I'm all for it! Would be interesting.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

It has been suggested numerous times before and every time it looked more and more appealing...

I am also for it.

roger rabbit

Harvester

Garrett said:

like:

or

or

now that is a cool idea!

put up your own funds for the bounty and also make certain they meet requirements necessary in order for you to add someone to the bounty list. then it could actually work.

Augustus

Head Gardener

Enemies list sucks ass. Was flawed from the beginning of its conception, never mind once it was implemented. I had my reservations about it and they have all been confirmed. Loved the old Bounty system that soooo many people apparently disliked, but now there is a bottomless pit in the game where Bounty used to be. I dont care what people say, Bounty Hunting was fun and changing it so drastically can only have helped speed up the decline of the playerbase. If other things had been implemented to drastically improve the game in other areas I would not feel this way, but too many changes have been made leading to many people being disgruntled about multiple aspects of the game.

I like Garretts suggestion, but probably abusable as he points out..especially for multis. I say have Bounty for people who attack at 30-39% range, gradually accumulating as they do it more and more. Could have the same dynamics as the land cap system and obviously when someone claims the full amount it is removed. If not this then at least remove the utterly pointless Enemies list.

Terrakan

Harvester

i had 30% bounty on my target he is bigger than me and solo
that was the first tick BR

Died: 52,468,777 [£247,862,019,600] friendlies dead. 3,543,389 [£95,062,339,000] enemies dead.

You earned £1,604,176,970 bounty.

that was the bounty i recieved

now it was a lawfull attack so why didnt i get the full 30%?

Loz

Harvester

Bring back the old bounty were everyone has 20%.
stuff the pom's ther to powerfull as they are!

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Terrakan said:
i had 30% bounty on my target he is bigger than me and solo
that was the first tick BR

Died: 52,468,777 [£247,862,019,600] friendlies dead. 3,543,389 [£95,062,339,000] enemies dead.

You earned £1,604,176,970 bounty.

that was the bounty i recieved

now it was a lawfull attack so why didnt i get the full 30%?

There can be numerous reasons for that.

One unit low eta rush, repeat attacking, just to name a few.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Base bounty FTW!