COOKIE LOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepherd

Beginner
PLEASE REMOVE MY COOKIE LOCK.

I recently got a new computer- despite my best efforts, this crappy windoze Vi$ta Ultimate over rides every attempt to save my cookies.
I was using firefox, but am happy to use Opera. It seems to be more efficient.

I would appreciate unblocking my cookie lock.
I have done everything I can to enable keeping them[/size]

I lost 3 visa Cards using this machine, so I had to put stealth firewalls, even so I allowed Bushtarion to keep all cookies everywhere
I could- especially full access through my firewall.

I am really pissed. I bought a lot of credits this round and have to leave for Africa before the round ends (Feb 27th)

So my game time is cut short as it is for what I have paid out of my pocket.

Darryl

Head Gardener
Re: COOKIE LOCK

Cookie locks are never ever undone, and buying Bushtarion Credits won't result in any preferential treatment...Nor will typing in a huge font.

What exactly have you tried to do to fix the problem? Have you read the manual page thoroughly, and followed its advice? It certainly isn't just a Vista problem, as many players (and even the admin) use Windows Vista.

Also, does anyone else use your computer? If so, it could be due to breaches of the "30 minute rule" rather than problems with your computer's cookies.

Shepherd

Beginner

Darryl said:
Cookie locks are never ever undone, and buying Bushtarion Credits won't result in any preferential treatment...Nor will typing in a huge font.

What exactly have you tried to do to fix the problem? Have you read the manual page thoroughly, and followed its advice? It certainly isn't just a Vista problem, as many players (and even the admin) use Windows Vista.

Also, does anyone else use your computer? If so, it could be due to breaches of the "30 minute rule" rather than problems with your computer's cookies.

I certainly do not expect preferential treatment. Forgive me, I come from a world of professionals, where the consumer is treated with respect.

I have done everything to keep all cookies. I saw the post if you are having a problem with cookies to contact the admin. Knowing full well the "admin" was ill, I didn't want to bother him with something that should have been resolved on its own. I have granted access to every feature on Vista Ultimate to no avail.

No one else uses this system. Its brand new, and I live alone. I have enabled every conceivable security feature on my machine to keep cookies. There have been occasions when I never closed my screen, but when I timed out and logged back in, poof down another cookie.

Its not a matter of preferential treatment, its a matter of a consumer not getting what they paid for. In my country, that is an area that is treated with the utmost professionalism and courtesy.

Rest assured, next time I get an email entitled "you quit" you haven't played for a year?" Come back and see all the changes...blah blah.

I'll be sure to mark it as spam, instead on giving Bushtarion one more chance- because nothing has changed.

The game may be slightly different, but the players, paying or not are still treated like **** by the "admin" et al. No one deserves that.

I have the following cookies, and then some on my system, yet I have a cookie lock: Neither you or anyone else is willing to address the issue.

http://www.bushtarion.com/
10 cookies
Name CF
Value dhnaghzzragbe
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No
Expires Sat, 26 Apr 2008 22:01:46 GMT

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name CS
Value d60485b18470fe38199985fc68b47cf3
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name phpbb3_a45yn_k
Value
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No
Expires Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:17:36 GMT

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name phpbb3_a45yn_sid
Value fea37958893a20b497eba72c05df2727
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name phpbb3_a45yn_u
Value 1
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name CF
Value dhnaghzzragbe
Host bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure Yes
Expires Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:55:41 GMT

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name phpbb3_a45yn_u
Value 1
Host bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure Yes

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name BUSHTARSESSID
Value 259651180cb579b7f24b0c9da58cb161
Host http://www.bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No
Expires At End Of Session

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name CF
Value dhnaghzzragbe
Path /
Secure Yes

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name style_cookie
Value null
Path /
Secure No
Expires Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:47:51 GMT

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

My next business trip to London, perhaps we'll talk about it in person. (end of Feb) Otherwise, I'll be back in March a bit longer on my way back from Tanzania.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Omg omg I put money on a free game treat me like a god!!!!
1200 people play a day say...
1 person getting everything from people with complaints mail etc.
He's ill.
What the hell do you expect? Him to fly over personally fix your computer and give your cock a polish aswell?

Learn some respect yourself, mr business studies graduate.

Oh and I'd love to talk to you in person when you come to England and see what your other views are :)

antisback

Head Gardener

Hmm The CF and CS cookies are the ones that are stored between logins.

The bushtarsessID one is a session cookie which keeps you logged in.

If you still broke the cookie rule after not even closing the browser that is very strange, do you stay logged in when you log in?

Because the same rules applying to the session cookie apply to the CF and CS ones. You should only lose your cookies (if ever) when you close the browser.

Log yourself out and check if those cf and cs cookies are still there after you reboot or whatever

what i do notice is that the full path is not there for one of the cs cookies its unsecured aswell, itsgot different settings aswell, so its not being stored properly, try editing its domain to http://www.bushtarion.com

O and guys lighten up a bit, maybe he shouldn't have demanded the cookie lock be lifted but you could've offered some help

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Shepherd said:
I certainly do not expect preferential treatment. Forgive me, I come from a world of professionals, where the consumer is treated with respect.

I have done everything to keep all cookies. I saw the post if you are having a problem with cookies to contact the admin. Knowing full well the "admin" was ill, I didn't want to bother him with something that should have been resolved on its own. I have granted access to every feature on Vista Ultimate to no avail.
It's good you've tried everything you can. However as the issue is not fixed then maybe you should do some research online and try to find other solutions. It is up to YOU to keep your computer in working order to be able to access the game legally. Not up to the Admin or anyone else to do this for you.

No one else uses this system. Its brand new, and I live alone. I have enabled every conceivable security feature on my machine to keep cookies. There have been occasions when I never closed my screen, but when I timed out and logged back in, poof down another cookie.
which sounds to me that your browser is deleting all cookies for a website when a session closes. You say you are using Opera? Try using Firefox. I've never had a single issue with cookie and Firefox should not either. Also Firefox is the browser suggested for use with bushtarion.

Its not a matter of preferential treatment, its a matter of a consumer not getting what they paid for. In my country, that is an area that is treated with the utmost professionalism and courtesy.
You are treated with courtesy, You pay your money, you get your credits to use. It's still up to you to keep your own pc in working order.

Rest assured, next time I get an email entitled "you quit" you haven't played for a year?" Come back and see all the changes...blah blah.

I'll be sure to mark it as spam, instead on giving Bushtarion one more chance- because nothing has changed.
Fair enough...
The game may be slightly different, but the players, paying or not are still treated like smeg by the "admin" et al. No one deserves that.
No, i just think your standards of how you want to be treated are a bit off. You play the game, you have fun, you pay money and you get given the service you've payed for. Simple as really, i don't see where you're being treated badly in all that.

I have the following cookies, and then some on my system, yet I have a cookie lock: Neither you or anyone else is willing to address the issue.

http://www.bushtarion.com/
10 cookies
Name CF
Value dhnaghzzragbe
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name CS
Value d60485b18470fe38199985fc68b47cf3
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name phpbb3_a45yn_k
Value
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name phpbb3_a45yn_sid
Value fea37958893a20b497eba72c05df2727
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name phpbb3_a45yn_u
Value 1
Host .bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure No

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name CF
Value dhnaghzzragbe
Host bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure Yes

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name phpbb3_a45yn_u
Value 1
Host bushtarion.com
Path /
Secure Yes

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name BUSHTARSESSID
Value 259651180cb579b7f24b0c9da58cb161
Path /
Secure No
Expires At End Of Session

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name CF
Value dhnaghzzragbe
Path /
Secure Yes

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie

Name style_cookie
Value null
Path /
Secure No
Expires Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:47:51 GMT

* Edit Cookie
* Delete Cookie
Yeah, now end your session and see what cookies you have... as i bet you'll be missing some.

My next business trip to London, perhaps we'll talk about it in person. (end of Feb) Otherwise, I'll be back in March a bit longer on my way back from Tanzania.
Very few of us actually live in london. So you may need to travel a bit to talk to people in person (not sure why you would want to though..? :-/)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

As identified in a few emails between me and the OP, the problem lay with third party privacy protection software installed on their computer wiping all of their cookies (along with histories, cache etc. etc.). This has the case in every similar situation I have ever seen where somebody has a standard browser (Firefox, Opera, IE, on default settings), and a standard OS (including Vista, which is actually really stable on the multiple machines I've set up with Vista). People seem to forget/dis-regard third party spyware/privacy/similar software as being the most common culprit for computer issues like this.

Hopefully an uninstallation of all of their own applications, and a visit to my guide to free apps on the Computer & Games forum section to find anti-virus and firewall software, will fix the issues.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

also. Surely you wont loose the credits at the end of the round. they stay on your account not your id. unless you have already spent them. in Which case surely you are getting some value from the time you have played. anyway ive had similar experience to this. its frustrating. but azzer seems on it. and he will always make sure every one is happy if he can.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Shepherd said:

Because all English people live in London, donchaknow.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

tobapopalos said:
Shepherd said:

Because all English people live in London, donchaknow.

Guess I aint English living up in Leeds :( :p
I wonder what I am :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.