Civ V

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Damn North Americans. =( I'm off to play the demo. :p

[yoyo]

Planter
They didn't reserve me a copy. Despite me paying them and having a receipt.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! I hate ebgames. They have done this to me twice! *cries*

they never come through :x

walmart is quicker every time :s will get mine tommorrow at wallyworld

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I'm getting it tomorrow morning, woot!

Store opens in an hour....

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee're off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Civ!

They didn't reserve me a copy. Despite me paying them and having a receipt.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! I hate ebgames. They have done this to me twice! *cries*

lol

btw, ebgames tend to be more expensive than other places over here...I usually get all my games (on the rare occasion I do) from other retailers such as JB-HIFI (big Aussie retailer)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Stop laughing at me. :( ebgames prices here are the same as other retailers. With only maybe a few bucks difference. And I have a long standing relationship with them from before gamestop bought them. Tbh, its all gone downhill since then since they stopped focusing on Pc games and have become soulless console shaggers.

Max

Garden Designer
Hmm, indeed! I hope to get a new laptop when my government grant gets in, and I think we could get some good games going :)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The lack of reviewage from those lucky enough to already have a copy suggests to me, PWNAGE.

A chatroom has been created on the same server as #Bushtarion (irc.netgamers.org) - All are welcome to join and use it as a lobby for multiplayer games/CIV discussion.

#CiV :)

(You can either add it to perform or request an auto-invite from P)

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
:D go go enjoy non NAians!

I'll probably play a game or two this weekend, might not play multiplayer (idk) until i actually sort of know what's what :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
This sucks, it's turn based? May as well play Monopoly...

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You'd be surprised just how engaging it is Martin. The civ series is notorious for its "one more turn" type game play. I disliked the concept to begin with, but there is a wealth of complex content to get to grips with.

I think the problem with turn based is that you assume there isn't going to be enough to keep you interested. In actual fact, its the exact opposite.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
This sucks, it's turn based? May as well play Monopoly...

Think of it as 'ticks' and you might enjoy it more. ;)

Seriously though, it's amazingly addictive. It's a shame my processor is ***** though and it runs quite slowly. :(

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I have played the game for several hours this afternoon and after getting incredibly bored with the training tutorial as it wouldn't let me kill one of my allies (I knocked him down and then my Catapults proved ineffective - game forces you to not kill allies when training? :p).

I then started a normal game, actually understanding the basics of growth and exploration and after a couple of hours (I think) I was still too unprogressed to have any battles and just found it far too slow to get going and unrewarding on the process to advance through the game.

I think that it shall retire and sit in my game drawer, until I need a coaster, whereby it will come back and have its use.

Anyone else as dissapointed as me? I would like to comment I have never played a Civ game before so this is not a gripe in relation to others in the series, I'm sure Civ lovers find it awesome, but my above question is posed to those who have this as their first Civ experience?

SadYear

Pruner
I have played the game for several hours this afternoon and after getting incredibly bored with the training tutorial as it wouldn't let me kill one of my allies (I knocked him down and then my Catapults proved ineffective - game forces you to not kill allies when training? :p).

I then started a normal game, actually understanding the basics of growth and exploration and after a couple of hours (I think) I was still too unprogressed to have any battles and just found it far too slow to get going and unrewarding on the process to advance through the game.

I think that it shall retire and sit in my game drawer, until I need a coaster, whereby it will come back and have its use.

Anyone else as dissapointed as me? I would like to comment I have never played a Civ game before so this is not a gripe in relation to others in the series, I'm sure Civ lovers find it awesome, but my above question is posed to those who have this as their first Civ experience?

No battles *at all* ? It may be that you spawned on a little island with no direct neighbours. In which case, early game might be boring (and lost) if you don't reach out to the oceans quickly enough.

My only piece of advice for you would be to try and play another game again, maybe with a friend online, and see how you like it. It's possible you still won't like the game, but I doubt that.