Can't Connect to Ranzou

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Me and Ranzou used to be able to play games like civilization4 and command and conquer 3 together but now we cant anymore. we can both get on to the servers but we cant get a connection to each other, we can connect to other people fine and we used to be able to connect perfectly.

it isn't a firewall problem as he hasn't got one and i tried turning mine off, we can also link together on games like Wesnoth ( most probably because it doesn't require high connection?)

anyway i'd really like to be able to play with him as he is my buddy:):) but yeh anyone know how to fix it by anychance?

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: Can't Connect to Ranzou

Probably a certain port that you and/or Ranzou have to open. Depending on the game you want to play, look up which port(s) you have to open on your router/firewall, configure them and you should be ready to roll. ;)

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

It depends on what router and/or firewall you have... Usually you can access the configuration menu of your router by typing it's network adress - 198.168.1.1 for me, but might be different for you.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

thanks but i meant how do i know which ports need opening. can i msg you on irc instead?

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Yeah ofcourse you can pm me on IRC. :p

And yeah, you can find it on Google, on the games' official website (FAQ) or in the booklet you got with the game.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

argh my single port fowarding page looks totally different to the one in the booklet.. it says i need to enter a remote number ( which mine doesn't have) and mine has external and internal ports which there isn't a mention in the booklet off :/

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Did Ranzou open his ports aswell? Can you and Ranzou connect well to other players?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I've had the same problem once... trying to connect to DarkSider and play Quake 3....

I was able to connect to other players but not to the smelly hoe DS is...

I blame him for that.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

i can connect to other players fine. ( or as good as i usually can). not sure about Ranzou but i think he can sometimes. i know for a fact that both our internets arent great :p just to mention i think i get this same problem with charlie_B.

Ranzou also opened his ports for CnC 3. i also don't know my ip address as its a dynamic one i think