Bribing Vs Converting,

Matt

Harvester
I think There should be two seperate stats for bribing and converting, like there is for disabling and distracting.

In the stats page you see a Vamp route toping the bribing stats, this is an easy task for a vampire since they fire before alot of routes, granted the conversion is at a much lower rate than a bribe but virtually every route in the game gets to fire before most bribers which makes it a much more difficult task to actually bribe.

this current round ive managed to bribe in total 18bill worth of troops. im in the top 10 for most bribed staff, but from 6 upwards theres only 3 people who have actually bribed staff compared to the 3 Vamps who have converted.

i think the two should be seperate stats!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah i do kinda agree. Cant see why it hurts.

Or do we really need a stat for converted troops??? Could just leave it as it is but make it so only actual Bribing counts?
x

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
0.0 2/3 of the vampires in the top 10 are also 2 of bush's most talented players. Who by the way have been defending constantly this round. I think if you do change the stat, which i'm against. You should at least give a conversion stat , but then the other units that convert would complain ( ie scrapbots) because thier stuff doesnt' convert the same. =P

Franny

Head Gardener
0.0 2/3 of the vampires in the top 10 are also 2 of bush's most talented players. Who by the way have been defending constantly this round.

Who gives two *****?

I totally agree. Bribing is not the same as converting.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
I remember being top ten in bribes/converts with scrappers this round, but now im 50th or sumthn

Ahead

Head Gardener
Tbh, I've played with both vamps and puppets, and it is a lot easier to get bribes with puppets than vamps. With vamps only a miniscule proportion of what you actually kill is counted as "bribed" (this is higher with zombies but they are useless apart from in last tick defence).

Personally I don't see a problem, the only reason why vamps are on top this round is because they are active, and there is a huge lack of active puppets about this round - I haven't actually seen any tbh. That's the only reason why vamps are beating puppets on most bribed this round. I'm pretty sure that this is the first round where the top 2 bribers have been vamps.

Silence

Head Gardener
ZOMG I IZ RANK FOUR BRIBES WITH MY RO. I SHOULD BE RANK ONE FOR BRIBES WITH USING UNITS WHICH ONLY FIRE MIDDLE/CLOSE. IT IS TOO HARD FOR ME TO BRIBE COMPARED TO STUPID VAMPIRES :'(

Although if I was as great as Darkangel I would be top 10 no matter what I did, I try as hard as the rank one so really I should get the rank one too.

*sighs*

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahead

Head Gardener
ZOMG FARVIE YOU ARE SO GOOD!! ONCE I WAS TOP 1000 BRIBES BUT THEN I DROPPED TO 1001! I'M NEARLY AS GOOD AS YOU! BUT TBH I BET I TRIED AS HARD AS THE RANK 1 PERSON.. THERE SHOULD BE AN AWARD FOR THE TOP 1000 BRIBERZ COS ITS SO HARD PLs!

Silence

Head Gardener
ZOMG I IZ RANK FOUR FOR BRIBEZZZ I SHOULD BE RANK ONE FOR THE BRIBEZ BY THE BRIBING UNITS WHICH SHOOT AT ONLY MIDDLE/CLOSE. MY RO ARE JUST NOT AS GOOD AS THE VAMPS :'(

But if I was as good as Darkangel I would be top 10 for anything. Because I would be rank one at heart because I try *just* as hard as the rank one so I should be rank one too!

Ahead

Head Gardener
ZOMG I IZ RANK FOUR FOR BRIBEZZZ I SHOULD BE RANK ONE FOR THE BRIBEZ BY THE BRIBING UNITS WHICH SHOOT AT ONLY MIDDLE/CLOSE. MY RO ARE JUST NOT AS GOOD AS THE VAMPS :'(

But if I was as good as Darkangel I would be top 10 for anything. Because I would be rank one at heart because I try *just* as hard as the rank one so I should be rank one too!

I AGREE THERE SHOULD BE AWARDS FOR THE TOP 1000 BRIBERS COS THEY TRY JUST AS HARD AS RANK 1 PLSSSSs!

Matt

Harvester
0.0 2/3 of the vampires in the top 10 are also 2 of bush's most talented players. Who by the way have been defending constantly this round. I think if you do change the stat, which i'm against. You should at least give a conversion stat , but then the other units that convert would complain ( ie scrapbots) because thier stuff doesnt' convert the same. =P

your saying stuff doesnt convert the same, but that can be said by many types of units, nothing kill's or distracts or disables the same as any other route in the game.

If you have disabling and distracting as two seperate stats, why not converting and bribing,

like i said to bribe is a much better skill than to convert. you dont attack people with Vamps so you can get conversions!!

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Tbh, I've played with both vamps and puppets, and it is a lot easier to get bribes with puppets than vamps. With vamps only a miniscule proportion of what you actually kill is counted as "bribed" (this is higher with zombies but they are useless apart from in last tick defence).

Personally I don't see a problem, the only reason why vamps are on top this round is because they are active, and there is a huge lack of active puppets about this round - I haven't actually seen any tbh. That's the only reason why vamps are beating puppets on most bribed this round. I'm pretty sure that this is the first round where the top 2 bribers have been vamps.

Not only is it that the Vamps are active, but the half of TBA who constantly have been attacking WH are SO, so it all adds up.

Ahead

Head Gardener

Not only is it that the Vamps are active, but the half of TBA who constantly have been attacking WH are SO, so it all adds up.

Just like to add a bit there.. half of TBA who have constantly been attacking WH are SO and noobs, so it all adds up. Also one of the vamps isnt even in WH.

Matt

Harvester
it doesnt matter what ally there in or they arent in! this is off subject... the subject is about bribing and converting being a different stat. due to the difficultly of bribing compared to converting.

Ahead

Head Gardener
it doesnt matter what ally there in or they arent in! this is off subject... the subject is about bribing and converting being a different stat. due to the difficultly of bribing compared to converting.

Have you played both routes? Can you tell me which is more difficult?

They're basically the same thing so why shouldn't they come under the same stat? It would be like having a different stat for killing for a prot VD and RPG/SA because half the prot VD route is NLD whereas the whole of the RPG/SA route is LET so it's easier to get kills with RPG/SA than prot VD?

Matt

Harvester

They're basically the same thing so why shouldn't they come under the same stat? It would be like having a different stat for killing for a prot VD and RPG/SA because half the prot VD route is NLD whereas the whole of the RPG/SA route is LET so it's easier to get kills with RPG/SA than prot VD?

I have played both Route and converting and bribing is different completely,

like i said before to a previous post about rates of bribe convert, someone mentioned that its easier to bribe, than it is to convert. well you think a puppet has to go through and entire battle before it gets to fire thats why it is more powerful at bribing compared to the vamp that is converting. There is alot more skill involved at bribing staff than converting them, basically converting for a Vamp is a bi product of an attack.

Now whats the difference between disabling and distracting. they both do the same thing yet we have a seperate stat for each?

Tombi

Harvester
Now whats the difference between disabling and distracting. they both do the same thing yet we have a seperate stat for each?

NLT disable whereas NLD distract, yes they are basically the same but the different unit classes cant exactly do the same thing can they? i think it would be good to have seperate classes for bribers and converters but this would just complicate the game to no end because as they are currently classed as LET most of the routes would need reworking to be able to combat against them, so as it stands at the moment i think Azzman has made the best of it :)

Matthew

BANNED

Has your mouth turned into a tap which just dispenses high abundancies of diahrrea?

Since when has difficulty been a factor of how stats are distinguished?

Converting and Bribing are a completely different game mechanic, so no they are not basically the same thing, Destracting and Disabling are basically the same thing. In no way is your comparison slightly the same at all.

That being said I think having this change in state would be a simple way to identify Vampire targets. I see no need for a "conversion" stat for the same reason i see no need for a "stun" stat. There are very limited amounts of troops that stun/convert so if they have a stand alone stat they mightaswell be put on a "vampire" route list.