bounty

jugbug

Weeder
do we still get bountry for distracting or only killing, because how are we suposed to collect bounty if you are playing poms. Just by stealing land alone or am i missing something.

DR4545

Pruner
Re: bounty

Hehe yeah just stealing land. You don't even get bounty for bribes (eg hypnos) unless he changed it. So land is it :D

That's the price you pay for having the best unit in the game :D

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

And given that distracting units along won't put anything on another players enemy list, in return you are much safer from being bounty hunted than somebody who kills a lot of enemies! Swings & roundabouts...

Alchemist

Weeder

yer good point, will all the ppl ive attacked i must be very high up on ppls bounty lists !!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

And it's only a max possible. Attacking somebody a lot smaller than you, rushing, repeat-attacks, raping innocent units, attackign with just 1 unit type (eg a pure gargoyle hit) are all things that can (and will) lower the actual bounty returns you get.

Best way to maximise the bounty is hit people approaching your size (or bigger), and hit them with a full scale mob (eg thieves & all), and kick their butts.

Augustus

Head Gardener

What happens if you send an attack on the person at the bottom of your enemies list, but before battle ticks start, they get replaced by someone who has a higher Bounty? Will you still get the Bounty even though they are no longer on your enemies list? And how much damage do you have to do to someone to get them off your Bounty list? And when they're off do they get replaced by someone who attacked you previously, but had a smaller bounty?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

If the bounty changes before you land, then you get the new bounty - it goes on whatever the bounty is at the tick of combat.

How much damage do you have to do to not have them on your bounty list anymore? A wee whack more to them than they have done to you, with a few "oddities" based on the ticker trying to balance out land loss vs kill damage (there was no fair way to "value" land that I could decide, but I've tried in this code!). They'll still be on your enemy list, they'll just have 0% bounty - however at this point you'll no doubt have a bounty on your head for them, so they may well come back for more blood and end up getting a bounty on their head again for you... and thus the cycle of revenge continues until somebody gives up ;)