Bikers

septimus

Harvester
I don't think they're overpowered really or anything, but, playing as a PoM in a relatively weak ally, and being inactive this round due to RL things, bikers suck!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Bikers have always sucked as a POM lol.... My sympathies friend; and enjoy your insurance ;)

the biker rushes are growing and growing atm! I know a few people have felt the wrath of WH's bikers especially.

RAWR!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, im glad im not a pom this round...the biker rushes are growing and growing atm! I know a few people have felt the wrath of WH's bikers especially.
At least we've got insurance...ahh the old days of no insurance/injuries!

;)

AndyM

Pruner
We're not relatively weak! :p
But I agree, I got raped by the same guy last night. Bad times.

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Well and you should be happy they're ETA 4 now

Are bikers weaker or stronger than before? (with before I mean even before they got tweaked in the first place). I know they went to a higher init with more firepower, and then back to lower init with, +1 ETA and less firepower again.

septimus

Harvester
I'd say much stronger:

[range] 14,000,000 hostile Biker attacked, killing 12,554,835 allied staff.

That was around 2.8mil PoMs killed, 6.5mil gurus, and like 800k HVs, then a bunch of other crap.

If you're not contactable PoM really isn't even an option anymore tbh. At least that's my opinion.

Them being ETA 4 is useless if you're not contactable :p

Sorry Andy :x We are strong!!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
if you aren't contactable, you're screwed either way, whether you're an SO getting vamped, an RPG getting TLed/SAed; or a POM getting bikered.

There's nothing special about POMs other than the fact that you don't kill back. In those cases i mentioned above, only Vamps killing SAs does any real damage in return.

Much as i sympathize with how much bikers suck; they aren't any better or worse than other rushable units.

septimus

Harvester
That to me is a big difference though, people will always think twice about attacking the other routes you mentioned, because they do damage back, because a PoM doesn't there is 0 risk, therefore no fear.

Like I said, it's just my opinion.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
That to me is a big difference though, people will always think twice about attacking the other routes you mentioned, because they do damage back, because a PoM doesn't there is 0 risk, therefore no fear.

Like I said, it's just my opinion.

Most rushes take a few losses, none of them really serious enough to be damaging (except for Vamps as mentioned); the POM route is balanced for that weakness by having a few other great skills.

if you're solo you're screwed, if you're allied, you've got a better chance; either way lots of people die to rushes, most of them don't get to fight back:

TLs/SAs/Strikers/RPGs etc.... almost every unit you can mass alone and rush someone will deal horrendous damage with little to no losses in return. That's simply the nature of the game.

All that being said, i'm not a fan of bikers (check biker threads for my opinions) but meh; it's not going to be changed anytime soon.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
My only problem with it is how 5,000,000,000,000,000 trills worth of NLDs can be damaged without firing back on 500 thousands worth of bikers. Such a small amount of bikers can hurt such a large amount of staff without loses which doesnt happen with the other routes.

However the negatives of having lots and lots of bikers will show in other areas when you are being pwned cos you dont have enough TL.
The only reason it doesnt happen (them being pwned) is because those who mass bikers are normally the active players in a decent ally who can get their defence.

You can't really change bikers as they are needed to stop POMS being overpowered, however the reality is, the only way to stop the most overpowered unit in the game (POMS) is to have a unit like biker.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Twigley has hit the nail squarely on the head.

Indeed. Even though he has suffered perhaps the most from bikers rushes this round he doesn't whine about it because he knows that if bikers get nerfed then poms will be out of hand.

You aren't contactable? Well, then don't play PoMs. It really is that simple. Wanting a route which cannot be killed just because he cannot kill is a bit too much to ask for.

septimus

Harvester

Indeed. Even though he has suffered perhaps the most from bikers rushes this round he doesn't whine about it because he knows that if bikers get nerfed then poms will be out of hand.

You aren't contactable? Well, then don't play PoMs. It really is that simple. Wanting a route which cannot be killed just because he cannot kill is a bit too much to ask for.

I never said they should be nerfed, I actually started my post by saying I don't think they're overpowered.
As for me not being contactable, that happened after I had said I'd play PoM in a ftw ally, then things happened at work and that was no longer the case, but I wasn't going to restart.

[Thinking]

Pruner
I love attacking POM's with my Marines! Bikers are fine but Twig mentioned Azzman mentioning removing Adren Rush. I think this would solve the biker problem for the most part.

Matthew

BANNED

Erm? wut?

Imo removing 25% of the damage of bikers and removing there negated damage against HV's would be a possible solution. The problem is i can attack a PoM at 140% of me and relatively easily zero him. The main problem imo is that unlike other units poms allow you to get a sort of back log of incoming. It never actually removes anything from the equation due to it destracting, eventually allowing a ***** load of lethals to get through.

Lets face it though, people say to have HV's as flak. But when you get to fire over three ticks without any real resistance you will happily remove everything out of the equation and take land. Lately on attacks all i have had to send is enough geos to deal with the yobs which will be left alive, i have literally NO reason for flak as things currently stand.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Yes, and there would be even harder to take down an alliance that has pulled far away. Removing adr. rush will have more impacts than just making bikers easier to defend against.