• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

attacking at lower range

Walking_Death

Harvester
No. There are already enough things to discourage dishonourable attacks. I don't want the game to start forcing people into one style of play. Bashing has always happened and will always happen. That's the way the game works. Forcing people to play one way will just reduce an already reduced playerbase.

In my opinion H/F units should not be a big boost. They should be something small but fun. Making them uber just unbalances things, as we saw last round. But they're still not useless. It's just a little something to reward people for playing honourably.

you don't have to make it to the point where it forces a way of playing, and I honestly think fewer people would leave due to this than to constant bashing. If you don't wanna punish dishonor, award honor a bit more. Maybe increase wizard caps so that they can actually divert fire from some of your units, something like that.

Or, again, at the very least, when dealing with these massive incomings, just increase injury/insurance.

Davs

Garden Designer
I still don't understand what the original suggestion is. I see the words "give the defenders a bonus of X%" but I don't get what the bonus actually is. Anyone care to explain? :S

Walking_Death

Harvester
I still don't understand what the original suggestion is. I see the words "give the defenders a bonus of X%" but I don't get what the bonus actually is. Anyone care to explain? :S

OK, this is what it is. Under massive inc, i.e. being waved/bashed, in lieu of AR, or to go with it if they're stupid enough to wave a solo, they get some extra help. The idea is to encourage alliances to defend rather than take land hits, and discourage excessive bashing

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Toby is right. Route balance would be shot to ****. And how would it work with multiple attackers of different ranges? Would the defending units fire twice? Would the bonus only apply against the +eta attacker? Etc etc sounds like a miserable thing to code. And this game is notoriously bad at "scaling" ;)

poorly thought out idea. Too hard and confusing to implement. Thumbs down

Thought i'd already posted but i agree with pretty much everything Alci has said. The sentiment is good but i think this particular idea would be too hard to implement and make things a whole lot more confusing really for both defenders and attackers.