ANQ rushing... who?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I thought ANQ's gameplan was to rush rank 1, so why do I keep seeing members of theirs rushing the rank 4 alliance? Is it practice? Is it boredom? Is it sheer laziness?

Also I know there are some competent members in ANQ so please feel free to explain to your noobier members what targeting is, how it works and generally how the game works? It saves me from having to explain to attackers why they are so stupid :p And while I enjoy that, it does take time away from me playing Skyrim, and that **** is simply unacceptable!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The following is a sample.... BACKGROUND: This fellow rushed a striker with 13m strikers and 4m Apaches, with 30m Harriers (i think) and about 40m flak. or something like that. So I tried to be helpful, but as you can see ran into the Great Wall of Stubborn Arrogance.

Private Sent to: some idiot Wed 29th Feb, 2012. 16:17:55 GMT
Subject: re:
some idiot wrote:
so the apaches dont kill pure let, hence i will take less damage

You seem to be confused how the game's targeting system works. Apaches target LET/INN. That means 70% of the Apaches fire on LET, and 30% of the Apaches fire on INN. This means that if you had sent only Harriers, 30% of the power of the Apaches would've been wasted, since the 30% that targets INN wouldn't have had any targets. So you essentially gave him free kills when you sent your INN. If you had not sent INN, only 70% of the apaches would've fired, it makes no difference if you sent flak or not, you just gave him free kills. I think you should probably read the manual, or at least talk to your allymates about how the game system works...

Name: Apache Longbow [£145,000]
Unit Type: Machine/Vehicle
Unit Class: LET
Attack type: Kills [all]
Targets: LET / INN
Stats: * / ****** / ***** / *
ETA: 3
Initiative: 560
Route(s): Military
Description: Airborne attack-helicopter with a primary role to rip through infantry. Armed with an automatic M230 Chain Gun for close range, it is ferocious on the battlefield.

Private Sent to: the same idiot Wed 29th Feb, 2012. 16:18:59 GMT
Subject: re:
the same idiot wrote:
so the apaches dont kill pure let, hence i will take less damage

to put it more succinctly, you took more damage than you had to because you sent flak and lost approximately 25m flak which translates to about 55bill, no?

Private Sent to:the same idiot Wed 29th Feb, 2012. 16:20:13 GMT
Subject:
The following is lifted directly from the Manual.

Targeting:
Each unit fires at specific classes of enemy. They can target: 1) NLD; 2) NLT; 3) LET; 4) INN; 5) ALL. If the target class is destroyed or none are sent (ie, all INN are killed in first tick of battle), any unit that targets that type will NOT FIRE. They do not move on to target classes except their assigned classes. Units can target up to 3 classes, termed primary, secondary and tertiary target classes. The amount of firepower directed at a class depends on how many target classes a unit has.
* If a unit only targets ONE class, then 100% of the firepower is directed at that class (ie, Crazed Droids ONLY target INN).
* If a unit has 2 target classes, then 70% of the firepower is directed at the first target class, while the remaining 30% is directed at the other. For instance, 70% of automatons fire is directed at INN, while 30% is directed at NLD.
* If a unit targets 3 class, then 50% is directed at their primary target, 35% at the secondary target, and 15% at the tertiary target class.
Targeting classes are shown in the hiring table.

Private Sent to: the same idiot Wed 29th Feb, 2012. 16:26:39 GMT
Subject:
A "Thank you" would be nice, for having me explain a fundamental element of gameplay to you. But I guess someone who rushes the rank 4 alliance who is mostly uncontactable should not be expected to be polite. Alas, the world is going to the dogs.

Wait for it, because here's the piece de resistance...

Private Sent to: that good ole idiot Wed 29th Feb, 2012. 16:35:07 GMT Subject: re:
an idiot! wrote:
well if i dont send INN 100% will fire on LET, thats my opinion.
im asking some people far more experienced than u now.

Alcibiades wrote:

I think you should probably read the manual, or at least talk to your allymates about how the game system works...

i love your arrogance, u probaly think u good dont u? [the idiot wrote this, stupid c/p of messages]

Ask anyone in the game, I know I"m right. It's in the manual for god's sake :p

If you don't send INN to apaches, then 30% of the firepower is wasted... as it says in the manual: "If the target class is destroyed or none are sent (ie, all INN are killed in first tick of battle), any unit that targets that type will NOT FIRE. They do not move on to target classes except their assigned classes."

Read that part again, ask someone in your ally to explain it if you want. I am right, you are incorrect, and you are incredibly rude. You don't know who I am, you don't know how long I've played.

Trust me, anyone who is experienced in this game will tell you I am right, and you are wrong. If you wish to test the theory in public forums, go to bushtarion.com/forums and make a thread. I will guarantee you I am correct.

Your opinion, while nice, is completely wrong. Please don't take offence from what I am saying, I'm trying to be helpful, you're just being dense.

CFalcon

Official Helper
I'm constantly suprised by how many people don't understand the targeting system. I don't mean that as a put down or an insult, because it isn't obvious that it has to be the way it is. Targeting based on priority order rather than proportional division would make perfect sense. It's just I've taken it for granted for so many years now that it seems bizarre to think of it any way other than proportional division.

And about rushing; I'm of the opinion that rushing hasn't been worthwhile now for a good year or two, because nearly all alliance players left in the game are contactable. It very quickly loses it's appeal when 19 out of 20 attacks result in the player sending out (and if thieves are present, mass last tick blockers). ANQ and FL have discovered that only one or two players in HC aren't reliably contactable, and rushed those same targets so so many times that they're bound to get bored and look elsewhere.

Last edited:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
It's too much effort coordinating rushes in an alliance filled with apathy. There's no benefit to hitting HC and the agro I personally get for trying to organise it isn't worth it.

I personally (dependant on my own apathy) decided I'd try and get Fame for the rest of the round. This is why I send/sent at you.

No idea about anyone else if you weren't refering to me.

oh and your posts were quite long, so I only read the first one.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
[17:56:58] <Martin> Out of curiosity - why are you ETA 3 rushing them?
[17:57:07] <Rusher> huh
[17:57:12] <Bystander> why
[17:57:20] <Bystander> what are you lookign to gain
[17:57:29] <Rusher> efectiveness and honour
[17:57:38] <Rusher> effectivness*

When getting score is boring, you play for the other silly game mechanics Azzer put in place.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The rushes are getting a bit tiresome. ETA 3 incs pretty much all the time from the same few people in ANQ on targets usually about 40-50% of them relying totally on the 3% alliance score addition to make them honourable, on an alliance you aren't at war with, or even competing with (our only war this round is with SAS; currently holding our own). And none of our members even have bounties.

It just seems so unnecessary and kinda lame.

Anywho, I've already said all this on IRC to various members of ANQ, so sorry for repeating myself and boring you all.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
the irony of rushing for honour/fame is that you get more of both if you send eta 5 :p

just sayin'

also the targetting misunderstanding is pure hilarity

septimus

Harvester
Yeah I think its pretty weak I mean to each their own but it is certainly detrimental to the playerbase. I think its unfortunate that anq have apparently given up on their initial goal of rushing the top put of....lack of interest I guess but maintain enough interest to rush an ally smaller then them. For the record I don't think alci complaint was directed at you martin.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Yeah I think its pretty weak I mean to each their own but it is certainly detrimental to the playerbase. I think its unfortunate that anq have apparently given up on their initial goal of rushing the top put of....lack of interest I guess but maintain enough interest to rush an ally smaller then them. For the record I don't think alci complaint was directed at you martin.

Yet I have persisted to hit the same poor RPG guy in your alliance (Not TehPantz) because he was my only honourable taget for days. I wouldn't consider that an honourable way to play.

The post probably wasn't directed at me indeed, but I simply send with little to no intention of stealing land, so the purpose to my attacks is not different than the individual(s) rushing. I just have Stealth on my side so send S-Thieves for the sake of it.

septimus

Harvester
Well tbh its possible I hadn't noticed you hitting the same guy that was about the earliest I get on generally so perhaps didn't notice

Yochoko

Head Gardener
the irony of rushing for honour/fame is that you get more of both if you send eta 5 :p

just sayin'

also the targetting misunderstanding is pure hilarity

an enormous difference in gain of h/f between eta 3 (or even 4) and eta 5. so rushing for h/f isn't so worth it. plus you need to wait for 24 hours till you can hit the same target for the second time. should go for eta 5 each time to max the gain.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Is this thread serious? :'D

The harrier has attacked outside of HC/FL 4 times in the past 5 days. Wow.
Martin sent SA a few times.
The others incs are from thief players who steal land?

Iunno about this thread, Alci.

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
i took the noobiness of the harrier in question not understanding how apaches work pretty serious.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Is this thread serious? :'D

The apache has attacked outside of HC/FL 4 times in the past 5 days. Wow.
Martin sent SA a few times.
The others incs are from thief players who steal land?

Iunno about this thread, Alci.

I think my gripe with ANQ is mostly that they made a lot of fuss and bother about being happy about losing so that they could use their low eta units to make the life of Rank 1 a misery. They are entitled to hit anyone they like but them RUSHING a rank 4 alliance is pretty sad and I was wondering what people were thinking when they were doing it. I was just curious to see how many were scorequeens, how many were bored, lazy, tired, incompetent etc etc. ANQ made a big fuss out of rushing rank 1, and now that they're bored of that they're back to rushing alliances much smaller than themselves. Seems kinda sad to me :p

The apache was our player, so I assume you meant the harrier? Martin has been a bit obnoxious, sure, but that is half the fun of stealth, i just figure all these rushing units could be put to much better use on, say, targets that aren't 50% or lower than them in a tiny, inactive alliance?

As for the harrier rusher, he's blatantly a bit young, and not very bright; so I just felt like signposting his idiocy for everyone to see. It also goes long ways to explaining why many of the older players dislike the so called "newbies". He immediately treated me like **** despite the fact that I was trying to be helpful.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think it's really fair to say that a few members can't rush anyone but the rank 1 alliance just because that's our primary goal.

We have had 5/6 members restart lately and now need to get back to what we wanted to do at the start of the round. It's unfortunate we had to re-jig the alliance and become lazy whilst we replaced people and people restarted but w/e. Just means we are delayed by 1/2 weeks.

We havn't even bothered with you this round. Nothing organised what so ever. Even when we had your ids early round we left you alone. We dont send 2/3 people on the same tick when rushing you and it rarely happens. You are right that obviously we would love to start rushing rank 1 again but that means 3/4/5/6 people on a tick and we have been waiting to get enough units to begin this as i said.

Which is why i am surprised that when youre attacked (I will highlight again, very rarely in all fairness) you go and make a thread about it ;|

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
hard to have units when your nooby harrier sends 3-4 times a day every day at us. :/

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You did send 3 on a tick all eta 3 with no thiefs just yesterday. 2 harriers and an apache iirc.

The complaint is about needless rushes on targets who aren't a threat to you. We're well aware that you haven't done many masses on us this round (there was a fairly sizeable pick n send effort a few days ago), and I stated that already in the politics section when you got raped by FL/HC. Attacks for land are understandable and acceptable, and if those were the attacks we were receiving we would not be complaining (unless they were completely ridiculous). Constantly rushing a non-competitive alliance for the sake of it is a different matter.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Chris_o Rushes everyone.. He goes for easy targets. I've seen him on my ally a few times, always on the same person.