• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance HQ and attacking them...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I want adrenaline rush to function on ally HQs. It seems atm that it does not but if someone knows otherwise that'd be great. people who park their troops at HQ deserve to have them hammered, and a boost would make that nice and easy. Thanks.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Re: Alliance HQ and attacking them...

who parks troops at AHQ and why?

Anyway, what you got against people that park their troops at AHQ? And why should Azzer change it for you, when im sure everyone who does it would not want him too?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

There is no tactically good reason to send out to the HQ; i'd slap any fool in my alliance who did it. If you're going to be uncontactable; use sleepmode, or trust to your ally to protect your troops and your land at home.... instead of having to have your ally protect your Troops at the HQ; and your unprotected land at your place. It's just a mind bogglingly stupid tactic to use and i want to be able to punish people for it. Also; you can adrenaline boost all your other enemies, why not the HQ?

People tend to park them at the HQ either because they don't know better (and should be taught a valuable lesson) and because they won't be around to use their troops at home (i guess? makes no sense to me why anyone would ever send your troops *away* from what you're trying to protect unless you're sending out against incoming already on it's way.)

saint1d

Head Gardener

If your argument was correct then surely you should be asking for the facility to park your troops at AHQ to be removed, rather than getting adrenaline boost? Besides, how would it be worked out if there was a small player and a large player parked there?

Sorry but think its a pointless suggestion :?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

make the rush based on the ally's average member score compared to your score, or something along those lines

seems like quite a sensible suggestion, i like!

saint1d

Head Gardener

The argument is flawed though. You ask what is the benefit of parking troops at AHQ, then say that you cant rush them. Surely that's the benefit?

If they dont park at AHQ then you can rush them at home, so what's the point? I just don't see it bringing any benefit to the game, other than you've probably seen a nice target to rush but you cant.

Illumination

Head Gardener

Back in the day, alliances used to have protestors send their units to HQ while offline and uncontactable. This helped to prevent the biker rushes. The alliance would also have a few PAs and RPG players send some units to HQ just to help safe guard things.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

saint1d said:
The argument is flawed though. You ask what is the benefit of parking troops at AHQ, then say that you cant rush them. Surely that's the benefit?

I meant that you can rush people everywhere else, and if you want protection that's what sleepmode is for, or trust to you alliance. The HQ should not be subject to different rules. Besides, it might give more incentive to protect your HQ and continue with HQ devs instead of just leave it at eta 5/6 research nowadays as HQ staff would be more important.

Ogluk said:
make the rush based on the ally's average member score compared to your score, or something along those lines

I like that, i hadn't figured out a way to make it work but that sounds good to me so far.

saint1d said:
If your argument was correct then surely you should be asking for the facility to park your troops at AHQ to be removed, rather than getting adrenaline boost?

i'd be fine with that too, but i thought more people would protest over that option than the adrenaline boost. Either way is fine with me.

saint1d said:
Besides, how would it be worked out if there was a small player and a large player parked there?

Both would die presumably, as you wouldn't separate the targeting. I don't see how this is an issue? it wasn't a problem of size of players who park their troops there, it's that i think it shouldn't be done, but if it must be allowed, then there shouldn't be a difference between rushing someone at their Home and at their HQ. Period.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i assume your compenting on the fact i parked at the HQ last night

list of reasons why i parked there:

*Uncontactable
*You cant rush me properly.
*i had others park troops there so even if you had rush you'd do nothing
*hq troops and others are constantly there, so you'd get pwnt(there is not jsut the only 3 ticks of battles you'd usually get
*it gets noobs telling me im a noob when clearly, im not a noob for protecting myself.
*its a great tactic, so go away :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

It's a wargame, if you want to be safe, use sleepmode. Otherwise, HQs should be at least as rushable as Home bases. I don't see why there should be a difference.

Also Cyrus you *forced* your allymates into sending to defend you and got into a huge argument with one of your members about it so don't make it seem like it's some shining tactic and that your ally supports you in it. No one likes scorequeens....

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

That you cant find tactical advantages of HQ over sleepmode/staying home is your problem, for rest of us with some tactical skills AHQ is good place. And not least for its ability to not be rushed.
So how bout you smeg off with your stupid ideas and either learn to use things to your advantage or stop whining of those things on forums.

I am really fed up to read same **** from you every day. You are free to have opinions but dont try to force those down others throaths. We dont swallow things that easily. We have opinions too, but we stick to telling those not to trying to push them throught by any means nesessary.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i'm not deliberately forcing opinions down anyone's throat, and I'm sorry you feel that way. I was under the impression this was a discussion/suggestions forum... where topics were open for discussion. Care to enlighten us all with your wisdom or do you just prefer to post snide and cutting remarks?

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

alci one score queen wouldnt defend our hq because he couldnt get injuries, the rest willingly sent. so get your facts right yeah? and even IF you could rush our HQ we had enough there to pwnt you.
so move along young padawan because your the noob here, if you really cant see the positives in sending to the HQ you need to get a grip maybe?

jealousy alci is an evil thing ;)

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
There is no tactically good reason to send out to the HQ; i'd slap any fool in my alliance who did it. If you're going to be uncontactable; use sleepmode, or trust to your ally to protect your troops and your land at home.... instead of having to have your ally protect your Troops at the HQ; and your unprotected land at your place. It's just a mind bogglingly stupid tactic to use and i want to be able to punish people for it. Also; you can adrenaline boost all your other enemies, why not the HQ?
You explain that it is a stupid tactic, sooooo why should you 'punish' someone for doing something that is going to lead to their downfall anyway? It just seems a little pointless...

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

timtadams said:
Alcibiades said:
You explain that it is a stupid tactic, sooooo why should you 'punish' someone for doing something that is going to lead to their downfall anyway? It just seems a little pointless...

If in a small ally and you are big, you can run to the HQ and big people will be too big to hit it, then in 3 days it appears off your news. People may not even then be able to find out which ally name you are in, therefore which HQ! Instant safety....

It's a good tactic just some employ it poorly.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

It is a valid tactic, I see no problem with it. Rushing with pure LET units sucks anyway.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

and i used the tactic to my advantage so i didnt die, there is no problem, alci is just annoyed that the 1 night i was uncontactable, he still couldnt do anything! =)

i love it. good game yar?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

BlackWolf said:
I am really fed up to read same **** from you every day. You are free to have opinions but dont try to force those down others throaths. We dont swallow things that easily. We have opinions too, but we stick to telling those not to trying to push them throught by any means nesessary.

I love irony.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Martin said:
timtadams said:
Alcibiades said:

If in a small ally and you are big, you can run to the HQ and big people will be too big to hit it, then in 3 days it appears off your news. People may not even then be able to find out which ally name you are in, therefore which HQ! Instant safety....

It's a good tactic just some employ it poorly.

Thanks Martin for being the only one to post something sensible in this thread. Thanks again for being willing to help someone who doesn't understand and do it in a polite manner. :) Cheers.

Cyrus/BlackWolf: Watch and learn, all it takes is some sensibility and politeness.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

You're welcome,

The biggest gripe I have with the HQ is that the ridiculously expensive units are so weak. So it's not worth developing the HQ... the only good units are the Challengers. I hope with the new age we see a revamp of this, as I think it has been promise for sometime.

(Yes I am taking into account using the Scrambler and massing Dogs to use as fake Challengers etc.)