• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Account sitting

WildDisease

Pruner
Re: Account sitting

I like this; a lot of the most popular games carry this feature.

Basically, the way it could be implemented is as follows:
- Player A (sittee) can set Player B as his sitter (1-2 max sitters? mutual sitting only?) using Player B's account name/nickname.
- Player B can see who has enabled him/her to sit from ID settings or so.
- Player B "sits" Player A's account by logging in using Player A's account name/nickname but their own account password. (only gets access to the world(s) of Player A that player B is set to sit)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

No, again, that's why you have sleepmode. Account sitting smacks of cheating. I personally wouldn't use it, and while it wouldn't make me leave the game, it would make it even harder to land on the bigger allies. And only mildly harder to land on the smaller allies, as you'd still need the nightcover to be awake to take care of the accounts. Which seems to be the main problem anyways. Sorry, I still don't like it.

Fixed Sleepmode ftw!

Edit: Am currently still working my way through BWs posts so don't jump on me for a sleepmode solution yet please!

bushplaya69

Weeder

me nd my brother sit each others account like if he get attacked i go on to send def or send to def id 1.

just need a person to trust

Garrett

Landscape Designer

bushplaya69 said:
me nd my brother sit each others account like if he get attacked i go on to send def or send to def id 1.

welcome to lockage?

Kiraxis

Digger

bushplaya69 said:

omfg wtf Azzer ban this noob

bushplaya69

Weeder

why ban? not cheating dont use account 2 attack 2gether brother said it was ok

Garrett

Landscape Designer

kiraxis i would like to refer you to a mirror every time you say noob.

the 'noob' attitude isn't what's needed for this forum or game.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

bushplaya69 said:
why ban? not cheating dont use account 2 attack 2gether brother said it was ok

if you mean by account sitting that you log into your bro's account and vice versa, then it is cheating. it's in the eula you agreed to play by when you made your bush account.

whether you read it or not, doesn't matter.

if you mean account sit, by you two sit next to each other and organize your stuff together... then no that's not cheating. but you can't send your brothers staff to defend id 1 and he can't send yours out.

bushplaya69

Weeder

thts ok because sometime he goes 2 to work but he told me 2 send def or out but i dnt do it without him tellin me otherwse or he hit me hard

Kiraxis

Digger

bushplaya69 said:
thts ok because sometime he goes 2 to work but he told me 2 send def or out but i dnt do it without him tellin me otherwse or he hit me hard

:shock:

Garrett

Landscape Designer

the point is that you shouldn't do it at all because it's against the rules. I do hope azzer locates yours and your brother's account (which shouldn't be hard at all) and at least issues a warning if not lockage.

bushplaya69

Weeder

k not doing it again then

ty help person u good person

kiraxiz stfu pls im not a nub my brother playd round3

WildDisease

Pruner

LMAO.
haha that was classic.

And the point is, sleep is for pussies. Sleep is as much "cheating" as Account Sitting would be.
Games like these, they don't have "sleep" - although they might have vacation.

Sleeping is homo.
Sleep = homo.
got it?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

WildDisease said:
Sleep is as much "cheating" as Account Sitting would be.

Anything involving one person handling more than one account smells to high heavens of cheating to me. Even if it's allowed by the game it's revolting. One player; one ID.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

I agree with alci that "babysitting" an account and being able to use it as your own smells of cheating and blue cheese.

But what if sleepmode was fixed a bit:Somewhat higher seed production, and a wider range of timeperiods.

(say 6h minimum, and then increments of hours up to 1 day, then increments of days)

And then, to the issue at hand here: What if instead of a babysitter, a person could choose to have a custodian of the guard, who could not _play_ their account, but could do a limited number of actions:
Plant - Sell Plants - Send staff to ID 1 - Recall staff from ID-1

Planting and selling plants to make use of sun during the winter season.

Sending staff to ID 1 to save staff from LET rushes and bashes.
Recalling staff when incoming clears, or to last tick/middle tick.

So anyone going away would either have to choose sleep, with the benefit of not being attackable, but with little seed production, or they could choose to set a custodian who could save their staff from LETrushes and bashes, and get full seeds.

I think this would accomplish much of the OPs intentions, without being to abusive.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
WildDisease said:
Sleep is as much "cheating" as Account Sitting would be.

Anything involving one person handling more than one account smells to high heavens of cheating to me. Even if it's allowed by the game it's revolting. One player; one ID.

While I completely agree with you Alci, we can always put some limitations to sitting so it will not be completely disgusting.

Also, another thing when I usually make a suggestion is to ask myself what positive/negative things will the suggestion bring to the game. As long as the positive things outweigh the negative ones, the suggestion is good for me. In other words, yes, account sitting WILL bring negative things, but the advantages we can gain from such a feature are undoubtedly bigger, especially for the middle class players.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

To me account sitting means taking this game to a new level activity wise. There will no longer be possible to make a good ranking playing by your self, and you'll be dependent on having not just a decent alliance, but also good and active friends that can cover your ass while you're not on your shift.