Account locked

Kleggy87

Weeder
Hi guys, logged in at work, and it says my account is locked, I only sign in at home and at work to keep up with the allaince that I am in, says it is locked till FRIDAY?!!?!? 5 DAYS could really affect my postion in my allaince and in the ranks, what are my options?

Thanks for any replys

#Andy

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Sounds like you've been cookie locked. This is a problem you'll have if you log in on more than 1 computer. The only thing you can do is wait 'til it unlocks and then be more careful in future.

It would also help if you check that cookies are enabled on both the computers you're using.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Yeah, there's nothing to be done about a cookie-lock. Just have to sit it out until Friday.

There should have been an alert every time you logged in telling you that your cookie limit was decreasing.

Kleggy87

Weeder
Yeah there was, but the cookie limit was alot higher last round, only 10 this round, tbh when your in an alliance, you need to access your account often for defense and what not, seems abit unpractical, very annoyed and cannot contact allaince to let them know :mad:

Kleggy87

Weeder
Yeah mine used to be 35, for some reason it is only 10 now :mad:, I will be lucky to have an alliance or any land when I get back, this has almost wrecked my round :(

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Last tim I got that message azzer raised it to 14thats two logons from a pc that didn't keep it's cookies each day. For a week

35 is 5 a day. I suggest if you are logging on more than that from school or work. Then you just stay logged on and refresh every 40 mins or so, so that u aren't logged out, or keep the pc logged on so it doesnt cookie wipe, And dfinately check ur home pc has coookies enabled. It should not be that you have a cookie limit of 10 if others have 35 your either mistaken or it's a bug. And to use up 35 in 5 working days. You are doing something wrong.

Just ration them in future, and make sure the main place u access bush has cookies enabled. It's very hard to go over 35 unless your logging in to other accounts ergo logging out of your main account which is a bit suspect

Zaheen

BANNED
I'm pretty sure it was 35 anyway, if it's been changed to 10 by Azzer the Ninja...

/slap

Maybe it increases over time as the round progresses, to prevent cheaters at the start (not really any possibility of them getting caught without Spies) - just a wild guess.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Maybe it increases over time as the round progresses, to prevent cheaters at the start (not really any possibility of them getting caught without Spies) - just a wild guess.

^ This. I recall something along these lines being implemented, but I can't find an Update post about it, but it went something along the lines of the older the account, and the older the id, the higher the cookie limit.

Kleggy87

Weeder
Your account has hit the weekly allowance limit for cookies. You will not be able to use your world 1 ID until your personal weekly cookie allowance is reset to 10.

Your personal weekly cookie allowance will reset to 10 on the tick following Fri 28th Oct, 2011. 09:50:01.

Nobody can see that your account is cookie locked, your seeds will continue being harvested, any developments you are working on will continue being developed, and other players can still attack or defend you, however, you will be unable to use many of the pages ingame.

If you have other IDs (eg private worlds), and wish to play them instead, please go to the ID Selection page here: ID Selection

Zaheen

BANNED
If you are worried about your position in your alliance then you can PM me with the name of it and I'll pass on the message for you.

I'm sure someone else will, or if you can communicate with them I some way or another yourself then just do that. I'm trustworthy =]

Kleggy87

Weeder
Hehe, thankyou, but I've managed to get a message through :) just gutted at losing 100 hours of game play

Zaheen

BANNED
Hehe, thankyou, but I've managed to get a message through :) just gutted at losing 100 hours of game play
It's happened to me years ago when I was at college, it's just a automatic way to filter out people who are trying to multi using proxies or whatever, I think it's a little out-dated and when it affects an innocent player it's just a pain in the ass (especially at the start of the round).

However, it's good you feel that way about the game. Hope you're able to recover on Friday :Fade-color

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i think the sliding scale is because a new account could be a multi. to log in to multis and break the 30 minute rule I imagine a combination of cookie wipe (for the 30 minute rule) and change/mask IP adress.

an old account is unlikely to be in itself a multi. seems sensible. but i think a more realistic starting value is 15. not 10...
make it 3 times in a working week not 2 times. but still if you are careful now you know that it can happen, it should be okay.
and dont wory about alliance kicking you. if they do they are dumb. you can catch up pretty quick by firday, as dev multiplier will be around 1.1-1.5 id expect. Good luck