• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

A simple suggestion

Chezz

Harvester
I was wondering if we could just add a "Total staff" when hax0ring people?

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Re: A simple suggestion

I'll tell you what you can do, go to the Start Menu, click on all Programs, up to Accessories, and then click on calculator. :p

Just kidding mate :D

But I have wanted this idea for quite a time now. I don't see anything wrong with implenting it.

J0057

Digger

I don't really see the use. There are too many variables in this game with different units that there's no way that the total amount of them is going to be any help at all. Or I missed something, bit rusty after half a year's absence.

Lupus

Head Gardener

seriously is it really that much effort to type an extra number? ppl are far too lazy already lets not reach new lows please, ;)

Chezz

Harvester

Well, there are some uses to the total amount of troops,

If the person has no stealth units, it can be used to check how many troops a person sent out previously (eg to run away or to defend someone).

Thus we can see the amount of troops left at home without needing to add all the troops together. This is worsened if the person has bribers..........

Chezz

Harvester

Lupus said:
seriously is it really that much effort to type an extra number?;)

I don't quite understand what your are saying, unless you count adding all the troops together as 'an extra number' ......

Lupus

Head Gardener

lmao! soz mate spamming wrong thread that was meant to be posted in the thread about azzer adding the ability to round up to 1.5mill staff, got distracted, :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Chezz said:
Well, there are some uses to the total amount of troops,

If the person has no stealth units, it can be used to check how many troops a person sent out previously (eg to run away or to defend someone).

Thus we can see the amount of troops left at home without needing to add all the troops together. This is worsened if the person has bribers..........

I think this has got a snowball's chance in hell of getting implemented. If that. It's one more of those little thingies that interfere with the 'human element of error' that Azzer seems to dislike so much. I've wanted this many times for the most trivial of reasons and thusly i can't think of a really good reason it's necessary. You doing the math, and doing it correctly or incorrectly can lead to a very different BR/attack plan which is the best part of bush :D the human element. So goodluck :p

dafe

Harvester

why dont we make the game so you only have to sign up and it plays itself, wouldnt that be great! but seriously...a total amount of staff isnt gonna help very much, lots of stealths around, and if you ask me it would also take a nice aspect out of the game like the post before me...human actions...were ppl playing a game, not friggin robots so just spend a few secs and use the lovely windows calc, that way you might even learn a lil bit as well

Chewie

Pruner

Dafe that post was about as constructive as a tumble dryer of which you can defecate in. But I would personally appretiate this change and feel that knowing a total amount of hostile staff would be benefical and be a big time saver for routes such as Puppets/RPG/hypnos which bribe a large number of miscellenious units. This change would cut time calculating the total number of troops and for this use of units which target ALL you can work out which types of units will be the main target rather than having to cal it then plough through calculating it. IMO small update, big time saver and very beneficial.

kwyjibo

Planter

Good idea, I like it.

yes I understand your argument that it will make things easier. That's the point. And besides cant do much harm ;)

Ahead

Head Gardener

Chewie said:
But I would personally appretiate this change and feel that knowing a total amount of hostile staff would be benefical and be a big time saver for routes such as Puppets/RPG/hypnos which bribe a large number of miscellenious units. This change would cut time calculating the total number of troops and for this use of units which target ALL you can work out which types of units will be the main target rather than having to cal it then plough through calculating it. IMO small update, big time saver and very beneficial.

I agree. That's precisely why I think it should be implemented. Makes it a LOT easier when you need to calc roughly what %ages your targets troops are, and I don't see any real reason why it shouldn't be added.

vlad

Harvester

Don't get me wrong, the idea is there. But it is also meant to be done by you. It takes the time/skill/maths and ability to figure out what was sent at you, what staff he sent, how many gardies he may have, what stealth could be there.

Its a skill people use, ive used it ... so don't be lazy. Just use your head. Lazy suggestions arent worth implementing :D

Ahead

Head Gardener

Putting 10 numbers into a calculator and pressing equals is hardly skillful :? It won't help you see how much stealth the person has sent, or how many of each type of unit, so I really don't see what the problem is.

And laziness? It's not that I'm too lazy to put the numbers into a calculator and press enter, the main thing is that I'm trying to play a GAME, and if I wanted to put some numbers into my calculator I'd do my maths homework instead of playing bush because at the end of the day it would achieve more...

kyx

Harvester

lols. Chezz can pwn all of u in math any day.

Hmm... may be useful, although estimation works well enough for me.