5 best changes

CFalcon

Official Helper
Re: 5 best changes

Removal of l/f

Insurance - the one everyone had without needing to develop. Was better than injuries, as it gave you some choice about how and when to rebuild. In fact it's almost identical to the current injury system, but with the addition of some choice. Never understood why it changed.

Funds giving score
AR modifier
Dev modifier
The + etas for hitting at low ranges.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

I haven't played as long as some of you guys, but the 5 changes I think have been the best while I've played is (in no particular order):

Injury: Very good idea, but needs a bit more tweaking.

Jeeps going to ETA2: Units that fire ranged and have ETA1 was to abusable for rushing, with no possible defence. Now you can only rush players much larger than you (so you get -1 or -2 on the eta)

Change in no. of players in public vs. private alliances. (Makes public alliances actually have a purpose, besides showing guts.)

Removal of PNAPs for allied players.

Java-clock: Brilliant to help get those "in the last seconds before the tick" mobs away cleanly.

I also like the new forums, but thats not really a part of the game.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

BlackWolf said:
I was comparing land score to funds/seeds/plants not funds to seeds... FFS :p

Okay, well having read your post again IMO i think that land, funds, seeds, plants should all give the score they do now...i think its fine...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

oh god...climb out of your own ass boy!

not everything revolves around you...that is just genuinely my opinion and i think that it should be how it is...

x

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

By falling in there? ;) Btw no need to get personal pinpower. Dont think that i wrote such insults of you that i would deserve such reply. Showing how much you really dont want to think about what i said but want to disagree for the sole purpose of disagreeing and cause it was from me.
I wish it made you happy!?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf, I do not know whether it is your english skills that are lacking or it is you being a silly person, but I don't see how pin expressing his opinion means arguing with you just for the sake of it. Tbh, I also think funds, seeds and plants should not give score, but this is my own opinion, just like it's pin's opinion that they should give. There is noone that can say whos opinion is better, even you.

[edit] Just because I love you Darryl...

Bobbin

Head Gardener

5 best? hmm

Helper system. Hands down one of the best ingame things ever put in. Not vital to gameplay, but judging by the amount it's used, well worth being there.

Removal of CRA.

The new Alliance scoring. Points is way better than straight up valuation any day.

Injuries (Still not perfect, but getting there)

The new player score, which gives a real estimate of how much a player is actually worth, rather than land*100 etc :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
I think it was rangers and bunkers than took the step too far...
I liked it the way it was...
RPG, striker (2), thug, pom, (+combination), SO, robot
Everything after that has been complete BS. Even some of those routes were unbalanced and wasnt needed.
Still cant figure how removal of L/F can be counted as good change cause it shouldnt been introduced at all.
As i cant understand land score at all. It has been hurting game more than giving to it.

but must agree bots are nice and all javascript tools are nice.

i thought bunkers and secret agents etc appeared at the same time :S ???????
i really remeber it occuring like that im pretty sure. but i could be wrong

also imo value should be reflected by land. and by value of seeds/plants/funds stored. else there is room for certain abuse.
such as some one land whores and is protected by allaince land doesnt give score only funds give score.
Therefore he can get shead loads of funds and donate them to allaince to allow them to tech quicker. lets say your leader was on 100k acres and had no score for it. then he can basically donate it all to alliance all the time stay out of range and basically defend with allaince troops. and thats just one loop hole i can think of if you dont include score for land and value of stored funds/seeds/plants. especially now how easily you can land on bots what im describing would actualy be possible without the land score relationship.

Mattheus

Head Gardener

The javascript clock - No more constant refreshing before sending out attacks!

The unit statistic page - I love stats, so for me this is awesome. Even if it has no effect on the actual gameplay.

Removal of l/f - It had its good points, but it was broken. I'm glad it finally got removed. In the earlier days of l/f (when it was called h/f) it wasn't too bad. Just more of an additional stat so to speak. But when Azzer started punishing red players more and more it quickly became a tool to dictate a certain playstyle. Which I hate.

Injuries - I'm kinda in two minds about this but I'm leaning more towards it being a good thing.

The change of score formula for seeds/plants and cash. - In my opinion this change alone would have been enough at the start of age 4. It fixed one of the greatest problems of age 3 - the saving-up-and-spending-last-tick-for portal-strategy which had become endemic leading to boring and stagnating rounds.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Problem is not that Land gives score alone, problem is that how much it gives score. Descriping situation like guy who donates to alliance is highly unlikely:
1. It would decrease alliance score a lot.
2. It would be very bad idea because of units like thieves.
3. Alliance units costs smeg loads and are next to useless on battlefield.
4. Usefull alliance techs are very limited and not that expencive, after that it would be waste of time and money.
5. I would take alliance that has very small land fat people any time to be my target. I could easily arrange small people to attack them and as such cause havoc while we others would be hitting real targets. And i bet i would have interested people to attack that target due massive gains if landing.

Any other ideas?

Problem comes simple from seed... score being put on top of the land score, where every 1 score for #100 guy is 0.3 for rank 1 guy. Combine that with cumulatively decreasing seeds from acres * more you have acres. Ends up to that people who dont need to be are pushed to #1 guys range.
It has allready been seen in raise of attack limit. Which in the past wasnt problem even range was much lower.

Jimbo2189

Pruner

Ticks not taking the best part of a minute
The Clock running at real time 'not whenever you loaded the page'
land based score
Nutters not being a p-unit!!!
no open defending