Care to debate?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
God hates the pharaoh. That's just bad marketing on his end.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
my view on religions are the same as edd byrnes.

I had some faith and belief in the concept of a greater power. but as soon as i discovered they were putting lightening conductors on churches that was it for me.

a great amount of "faith" they're showing....

I've heard of the vengeful god and a wrathful god.......but never the architecturally picky god.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
my view on religions are the same as edd byrnes.

I had some faith and belief in the concept of a greater power. but as soon as i discovered they were putting lightening conductors on churches that was it for me.

a great amount of "faith" they're showing....

I've heard of the vengeful god and a wrathful god.......but never the architecturally picky god.

lol! Thats epic.. ^_^ No trust in their god to protect them from a bit of lighting? :p

Max

Garden Designer
lol! Thats epic.. ^_^ No trust in their god to protect them from a bit of lighting? :p

Either that, or God delighting in saving his people through the wonderful application of the lightning rod :D

Indeed, it certainly pleased the Lord to have walls built around Jerusalem.

"May it please you to prosper Zion, to build up the walls of Jerusalem." Psalm 51:18

So perhaps God is glorified through such an act?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Either that, or God delighting in saving his people through the wonderful application of the lightning rod :D

"May it please you to prosper Zion, to build up the walls of Jerusalem." Psalm 51:18

I might be being overly pedantic, but walls really didn't do Jerusalem much good over the years.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

I might be being overly pedantic, but walls really didn't do Jerusalem much good over the years.

Depends on the builders, really. It's only ever been the Jews and the Christians that have torn them down entirely over the years.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Depends on the builders, really. It's only ever been the Jews and the Christians that have torn them down entirely over the years.

aye, the Romans and the Saracens had the decency to just take the city without damaging the walls much :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

aye, the Romans and the Saracens had the decency to just take the city without damaging the walls much :p

And that's why the walls didn't do them any good. If you can occupy a city without even bombarding the walls then they're not really helping.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
From hours of AoC, I can say with authority that if anyone knows anything about building walls, it is DA. Shame it is too late for him to offer advice.

CFalcon

Official Helper
From hours of AoC, I can say with authority that if anyone knows anything about building walls, it is DA. Shame it is too late for him to offer advice.

The other thing we know is how walls stand up to the Turks :p

Alvestein

Garden Designer
DA is probably the slowest wall builder ever -.-
i have to say there was a certain amount of joy breaking his masterpieces though :D

Max

Garden Designer

You are absolutely right Toby! The walls were totally useless when Nebuchadnezzar and his buddies came and utterly decimated Jerusalem, temple and all.

But God tells us through his the Old Testament that this was due to His people turning away from Him, and that God was the one who used the Babylonians (and others!) to prescribe justice.

"I was angry with my people and desecrated my inheritance; I gave them into your hand, and you showed them no mercy." Isaiah 47:6

"The whole Babylonian army under the commander of the imperial guard broke down the walls around Jerusalem." 2 Kings 25:10

However, the Babylonians had problems of their own in the future. Yes, they certainly had rather splendid walls! But the Persians were rather uber and ended up taking the city without a fight, after some serious fighting during the battle of Opis.

"For I will stir up and bring against Babylon an alliance of great nations from the land of the north. They will take up their positions against her, and from the north she will be captured." Jeremiah 50:9

So you are absolutely right, walls can be broken or even circumnavigated... if it's part of God's plan :D

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

You are absolutely right Toby! The walls were totally useless when Nebuchadnezzar and his buddies came and utterly decimated Jerusalem, temple and all.

But God tells us through his the Old Testament that this was due to His people turning away from Him, and that God was the one who used the Babylonians (and others!) to prescribe justice.

"I was angry with my people and desecrated my inheritance; I gave them into your hand, and you showed them no mercy." Isaiah 47:6

"The whole Babylonian army under the commander of the imperial guard broke down the walls around Jerusalem." 2 Kings 25:10

However, the Babylonians had problems of their own in the future. Yes, they certainly had rather splendid walls! But the Persians were rather uber and ended up taking the city without a fight, after some serious fighting during the battle of Opis.

"For I will stir up and bring against Babylon an alliance of great nations from the land of the north. They will take up their positions against her, and from the north she will be captured." Jeremiah 50:9

So you are absolutely right, walls can be broken or even circumnavigated... if it's part of God's plan :D

You do know, that the bible was written by jews that were being oppressed. Its merely an interpretation of why they think things happened. Most people seem to forget its roots..

and only a silly person would think it wise to argue for the bible online, on a forum full of anonymous trolls. I'm just a nicer one ;)

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
the bible also says that eating shellfish is a sin, sooooooo pinch of salt :p