thief

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Battle Report - Attacking B 5 {bot} [1482]
[close] 1,902,161 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 1,629,010 allied staff.
[range] 318,130 hostile Hooligan attacked, disabling 211,532 allied staff.
[close] 1,896,996 hostile Yob attacked, disabling 2,881,594 allied staff.
[close] 109,411 hostile Heavy Thug attacked, killing 634,124 allied staff.
[close] 78,035 allied Thief stole 51 land. [12] tree. [17] bush. [14] flower. [8] grass. [0] uncultivated.

---------------------------------------------------
had 1020 acres.

18% max steal. (40% repeat attackign etc) i get max cap - 5%?

13% steal?

but i dont......i only get a 5% steal........
----------------------------------------------------
thief. 0.001 land

78,035 * 0.001 = 78.035 max steal
-----------------------------------------------------

I thought i should be getting capped on the amount i can potentially steal in terms of 18% of the total available....1020acres.....=183acres - cap
------------------------------------------------------

but it looks like 78acres - cap is whats happening.

Q. surely the cap should be on the maximum you can steal. not the amount you would have stolen if uncapped

has something changed? am i missing something? was it always like this? is this specific for thief? am i retarded?
---------------------------------------------------
i thought the cap was on the land limit. not on the thieves that made it through. :(

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer
I thought the cap was based on the amount of land you could steal with the thieves (whatever they happen to be) that fire. But tbh I've never looked into it fully as I rarely get capped (I tend to be inactive at round start, and then just attack at 70%+ for the rest of the round)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
your thiefs stealing efficiency is also capped.

Unapproved - Along with 2x other posts in response to this. / DA

Last edited by a moderator:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
so depressing

[close] 1,250,000 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 1,094,916 allied staff.
[close] 750,000 hostile Skeleton attacked, killing 1,842,320 allied staff.
[close] 250,000 hostile Yob attacked, disabling 378,144 allied staff.
[close] 170,603 hostile Zombie ate the brains of 1,686,223 allied staff.
[raised] 97,552 Zombie rose from the dead.

[close] 123,180 allied Thief stole 94 land. [17] tree. [77] bush. [0] flower. [0] grass. [0] uncultivated.

on some one with 1500k

i guess if i send wheelie /geo + thief i get more. but to send thief alone i have to oversend the thiefs after the final sweepers. and it always triggers. have to send over kill on flak. or so many thiefs. its like sending 100-200k geos.

= trigger

guess thats the price for sending eta 3. you have to be more accurate with your guess work until you can spie :(

meh mid round ill be fine im sure. just the fact i was expecting 190acres and then i have to realise the cap is on my thiefs as well. so only 75% that make it through will steal :(

253k need to arrive on the other side after what you lose to sweepers. :( nvm its early days ill get the hang of them.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
it also looks a little like a spam section....maybe a forum mod will sort the problem though if it bothers you Mr. smart

Davs

Garden Designer
on topic - you could stop sending pure flak mobs to tiny targets and thereby not get a land cap...

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
on topic - you could stop sending pure flak mobs to tiny targets and thereby not get a land cap...

would you rather we send lethals in our mobs and zero all those targets instead? :p Makes more sense to flak them and leave them in range, than to zero them and watch them not only lose land to you and troops, but get land-farmed by all the vultures..

Davs

Garden Designer

would you rather we send lethals in our mobs and zero all those targets instead? :p Makes more sense to flak them and leave them in range, than to zero them and watch them not only lose land to you and troops, but get land-farmed by all the vultures..

I'm simply dealing with the issue that he's getting land capped.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Lol. So noble and considerate of you to only flak them. :roll:

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
the land cap works off what you could steal with the stealers there/that fire, rather than the max grab

Hell found this out in round 27 when they were sending the right amount of geos to steal up to 15k but were getting their small grabs reduced due to the land cap reducing your steal rather than the potential steal

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Oggie speaks truth - And that's why Thieves are terrible in early-round to use purely (their high-cost and low efficiency). You still need to utilise Geos/Wheelies, and use Thieves as extra land sweepers :)

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I've not had trouble getting my full 18%. Just attack 70%+ even at eta 3 and you're fine.