Round 37 Awards

deathscythe

Weeder
Bit over 5 days left so might aswell get this one running eh?

* Alliance of the round
* Best Offensive Alliance
* Best Defensive Alliance
* Honourable Mention Alliance
* Worst Alliance
* Best Leader
* Worst Leader
* Player of the Round - Allied
* Player of the Round - Solo
* Best Offensive Player
* Best Defensive Player
* Honourable Mention Player
* Worst Player
* Best Moment of Round
* Worst Moment of Round
* Other stuff you want to share

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_

Head Gardener
* Alliance of the round
N/A

[12:24] <Ogluk> urm
[12:24] <Ogluk> all alliances were poo
[12:24] <Ogluk> at attacking
Wat he sed.

Ogluk solo dRAGE defense ftw?

Discworld - for being there :D

* Worst Alliance
OMG we lost probably?

* Best Leader
Willy, he is teh ****.

* Worst Leader
Dill (you know what i mean ;))

Angela for always being online, always

Do solo's exist?

* Best Offensive Player
N/A

* Best Defensive Player
If organising defence counts, lucky :p

Lucky - made the round somewhat bearable

* Worst Player
Elle, cause she didnt play :(

* Best Moment of Round
Seeing insomn come into mIRC

* Worst Moment of Round
Seeing insomn leave mIRC

Insomn </3

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
* Alliance of the round - N/a

* Best Offensive Alliance - N/a

* Best Defensive Alliance - Bribemania - Always defended every inc with atleast something.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Res of Meus Votum - For taking the fight to some of the allies early round.

* Worst Alliance - Prefer not to troll.

* Best Leader - Willy - For leading his ally well.

* Worst Leader - Asmo - For not leading (Atleast when i was there)

* Player of the Round - Allied - Whoever the most active thug in Apha is, Aaaugh, Monster_Dog.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Whoever "*****face" was at the start. The big top 10 nano.

* Best Offensive Player - Insom early round. Was a nightmare having a big dragon hitting us when had nothing to counter it.

* Best Defensive Player - Yochoko - The best defencive route + extreme activity is scary.

* Honourable Mention Player - DshowS - Always defending. MacMikey!!!

* Worst Player - Jakeswake / Ignit for spying on our alliance after being awful in the alliance.

* Best Moment of Round - Making Second To Some and having mass incs for ages so i had stuff to do. Also suiciding on apha so we could rebuild.

* Worst Moment of Round - When drage went into sleepmode and we were getting hit by two far bigger alliances, one after an other.

* Other stuff you want to share - Random print screens throughout the round:

---------------------

When drage were in sleep, we had to be active:

19onRageinsleep-2.png

Check my activity graph :/ :

Activitygraph-1.jpg

The usual attacking for 3 - eta 5 stuff:

Apha.jpg

Aaaugh has serious issues:

Auughhasissues.jpg

This guy had 2k land. They were desperate:

lol.jpg

Start of round:

Rank14DW-1.jpg

Top10.jpg

Some time in the round:

Ranktentotwentyfive-1.jpg

Angela

Harvester
* Alliance of the round
Res of Meus Votum
None
Res of Meus Votum
none
* Worst Alliance
none
* Best Leader
willy
* Worst Leader
none
Lucky/willy
No idea
* Best Offensive Player
Lucky
* Best Defensive Player
Bluehen
willy he just rocked!
* Worst Player
Hero
* Best Moment of Round
Refreshing from my phone in the middle of nowhere while out walking and still managing to judge the right tick for the stealth incoming on Lucky! (so it was totally guess work but i got it right:D)
Meeting Lucky and willy for the first time (as in ive heard of them over the years but never played with them) as to be the best part of this round.
* Worst Moment of Round
Not sure there is a particular one thing that as been the worst.
Im amazed ive survived the round!

Last edited:

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
* Alliance of the round
- No alliance was particularly amazing imo...

- Aphaltosis, being the only truly offensive alliance in the game at any point.

- I could give this to s2s, as they did well defending.. but I will give this to Res for choosing to keep planting and staying in range of the R1 ally later in the round, while the other alliances took the time to rebuild and get land-fat.

- S2S for coming up and taking 2nd

* Worst Alliance
- Bribemania for always mailing attackers with abuse.. Just bad sportsmanship

* Best Leader
- Willy, he did a good job of keeping moral up when everyone was getting frustrated.

* Worst Leader
Asmo, inactive as hell.. but he did stay in there all round.. so he still gets props.. and props for the past 30 rounds aswell

- Angela, Super active, contactable, and willing to lose troops on defense if I'd let her.. :p

- Whoever that solo robo is thats still near the top. He's been super-active most of the round, I never got a chance to kill him

* Best Offensive Player
- This goes to Recon, despite being Kickraped by Hero, he still holds the "Most land held" Stat, which he grabbed when R1 was still up for grabs.

* Best Defensive Player
- Lilo - Watched her defend discoworld, and shes active and contactable, always defending.. Probably the only reason they are doing as well as they are right now.

- Dill, he put together our group of players.. even if he was inactive as HELL for the first 2 months :p

* Worst Player
- Not sure who to nominate for this one.. The people I dealt with were pretty much exclusively in the top..

* Best Moment of Round
- Before the round started, when I was playing a PW, tried to create an ally in it, and accidentally created on in W1, knocking myself out of the ally like a total nub.. I laughed pretty hard while waiting for someone to get online and re-accept me into Res :p

* Worst Moment of Round
- Hmm.. I've enjoyed most of the round really.. Perhaps I can lump all my dealings with Hero in this?

- Chris is a nub... That is all

phantom

Weeder
* Alliance of the round
a little bias here but i would say Aphallatosis we got beat down pretty hard and came back and held off the other alliances.
didn't really see anyone else attacking tbh
would say RES as they defend like no other and have kicked the crap out of us a few times when we think we are good to stay
RES i think deserves a lot. because the only reason they are not 2nd is because they would actually stay in our range AND THEY FOUGHT US time and time again. thats an awesome alliance in my book!
* Worst Alliance
probably OMG we lost due to they fell fast and easy
* Best Leader
hero was there at the meat of the round when it counted
* Worst Leader
have no idea
Ryu and leeroy amazing player, amazing activity would prank with no issues. would watch each other attacks, planned hits and watched them very closely
adam sandler(in game name)
* Best Offensive Player
have no idea
* Best Defensive Player
ryu
luckysports and willy. awesome players as always.
* Worst Player
no idea

Godsend9701

Harvester
* Alliance of the round - Res, cuz we stuck to our guns and were the only ally to fight rank 1 pretty much all round
* Best Offensive Alliance - would be Aph
* Best Defensive Alliance - S2S, god dam poms :(
* Honourable Mention Alliance - Res, no matter what we stuck 2gether
* Worst Alliance - i would of said "OMG" but with only 3 days left, Aph, UR, and Bribe decided to hit Res together, all i can say is U ALL FAIL.
* Best Leader - Willy, u are my hero :p
* Worst Leader - Dill, sorry champ but u know why
* Player of the Round - Allied - Anggie u kick arse babe :p and also lucky :D
* Player of the Round - Solo - all solo players fail
* Best Offensive Player - would have to say Recon, he always seems to get more land than most
* Best Defensive Player - Twigs, i couldnt get pass his defence :(
* Honourable Mention Player - Tiff and Lis u girls did great this round, congratz
* Worst Player - everyone that jumpship thru out the round
* Best Moment of Round - when res took Rank 1, as we were a ally that wasnt for the win haha
* Worst Moment of Round - seeing 3 allies trying to kill Res 3 days before the end, couldnt be bothered to do it weeks ago?
* Other stuff you want to share - Res was the best ally pretty much all round, that is all...

Last edited:

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
* Alliance of the round - Apha, they won, they bounced back after taking quite a beating from us, and they couldnt stop Hero losing 7k acres, sooooo epic win :p

* Best Offensive Alliance - didn't see anything imaginative or impressive from anyone, seems to be a recurring theme of my last few rounds of awards :(

* Best Defensive Alliance - can't really comment, definitely not dRQ :p

* Honourable Mention Alliance - S2S, for the majority of the round stuck to their ideals, of not working with anyone, and only did for a fairly brief resistance attempt towards the end, also appeared to have a low, if non-existent turn over of players, which rocks!

* Worst Alliance - dRAGE QUIT after the collapse, possibly the least caring alliance i've ever seen, admittedly i havent cared much either so it is a direct reflection of that, activity was non-existent, defense was atrocious and generally was pretty rubbish, deserve our crap finish completely.

* Best Leader - Gotta be Hero, for bringing Apha back from near death and fighting back to win it, well done dude!

* Worst Leader - Probably myself, didn't stick to my principles, and ended up fighting for something i didn't want to get into when agreeing to lead, oh well, hindsight...

* Player of the Round - Allied - Yochoko, utterly immense pre-collapse, and continued caring until the final week or so afterwards, absolutely epic performance.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Newfound at the start for his incredible nanos, not sure if any solos have really stood out this round, as the majority of them formed a solo group and then gave up their principles and formed an ally.

* Best Offensive Player - Tricky, very tricky, between Nitrous Ahead and a few others who were constantly rushing Apha during our week long war, you guys did great, shame our turnout for the mass attacks was a let down and we could never finish the job :(

* Best Defensive Player - Yochoko again, but then, Extremists lend themselves so well to defending and with her utterly insane activity, it isn't a surprise :p

* Honourable Mention Player - Tim, Shini, Toast, CLem, Nickk, Obstacle those who kept playing when we were useless and dead, you guys rock! Oh and Max for his armored car madness and getting so much land :p Shame about the ally he joined though

* Worst Player - All those who quit dRQ when i was in Portugal, cowards and queens the lot of ya, what have you achieved since? oh, bashed like spineless wimps, GG!

* Best Moment of Round - Going to Portugal and escaping the game for a week :p

* Worst Moment of Round - Getting 2v1'ed by Res and Apha having warred with Apha for a week and a half, well played to them i guess, caught us tired and relatively unprepared, still lame though.

* Other stuff you want to share - was very impressed dRQ could compete as well as we did, albeit for a short time, with our unorthodox route setup, especially against a fairly standard setup ally like Apha, not having any poms, and only 2 prots was risky, and was probably a main reason for our downfall, combined with our poor nightcover, yay for kiwis who are online during euro day, and not at night... >.< all in all, right route setup, wrong set of players, a shame.

Davs

Garden Designer
As always, I'm going to skip several awards as I never really pay any attention to the main points in the round.

Generally awesome player: Lilow - without her Discworld would have been a much sadder place

Worst Moment of the round: Leaving Discworld when I found out two of the members were using info gathered from spying on another alliance

Best moment of the round: Receiving incoming and an abusive mail from one of those members within minutes of leaving. Especially as they recalled for no reason anyway. Made my day.

Max

Garden Designer
* Alliance of the round - Bribemania, insanely well played for their route setup.
* Best Offensive Alliance - Aph by far, but smashed and were down but never out and retook rank 1 deservedly.
* Best Defensive Alliance - Bribe again, incredibly solid.
* Player of the Round - Allied - Exkons, all round superb play from attack to defence and always there to rally the troops :D
* Player of the Round - Solo - Zaheen did pretty well until he quit, I thought, even though I think I'm in the minority here :p Also Alchemist, a stirling effort, well done.
* Best Offensive Player - Monster_Dog was always a menace and a good attacker :) Has had me on my toes / killed every day for a long time!
* Best Defensive Player - Ogluk, didn't matter how dead dRage were he still fought on like the caged beast that he is :D
* Honourable Mention Player - Holy, thank you for your lands! <3
* Best Moment of Round - Proving to myself that solo attack dog and TL CAN in fact work (before I restarted)
* Worst Moment of Round - I'm bound to get zeroed in the next day or two, so I'll put this down as a premoniton :p Also realising the fact that I am the most useless alliance member in the history of all alliances.
* Other stuff you want to share - Great display of attacking from Rebel, master, IoF, Kuro, daniel, Emma, Recon et al...

But let's not forget Masa in spa! /end injoke

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
* Alliance of the round ~ I'm Gonna give this one to Bribemania for sticking to their guns throughout the round.

* Best Offensive Alliance ~ I wasn't at all impressed with Apha's earlyer attacks in the round but after Hero took the reins ... Bah hell, what am i saying, no alliance has really made an *Effort* this round from what i have seen.

* Best Defensive Alliance ~ This Goes to S2S, even with the top two alliances bashing them one after the other they stood their ground and were Extremly hard to break down if at all.

* Honourable Mention Alliance ~ Res For keeping all but 2 members the same throughout the whole round.

* Worst Alliance ~ OMG for being full of fail.

* Best Leader ~ Hands down has to be Willy, for keeping together a Great group of people through the highs and the lows :D <3

* Worst Leader ~ (In the Voice of one of the sharks from Nemo) BRUCEY!

* Player of the Round - Allied ~ Angela, Always Online, Always Pranking, Always caring and finally, Always complaining :p <3

* Player of the Round - Solo ~ None really stood out to me, atleast, the ones that did were for all the wrong reasons. You know who you all are. Fagatrons.

* Best Offensive Player ~ I havn't seen first hand any Amazing personal efforts, looking at stats Alchemist looks to have been pretty brutal.

* Best Defensive Player ~ Gonna Split this 3 ways, Angela for reasons stated above, Twigley For being Twigley and i think the 3rd person to have pissed me off this round was Leyroy or Caz? who ever the fluck it was in dRage with all those god dam Guru's *scowl*

* Honourable Mention Player ~ Lilow for basically being the back bone of Discworld this round.

* Worst Player ~ Emma, For not replying to my sexual advances ¬.¬

* Best Moment of Round ~ Going Inactive, Mucking about in IRC, Mass Sirens.

* Worst Moment of Round ~ Losing a 4k grab to Recon *Shakes Fist*

* Other stuff you want to share ~ /msg p ban #Chillaxin Chris_

edd

Tree Surgeon
I played very little of this round but i will give it a shot anyway:

* Alliance of the round - Apha

* Best Offensive Alliance - 2nd to some always get what they want :(

* Best Defensive Alliance - Res, stuck it through all round

* Honourable Mention Alliance - UR, their activity is unreal tbh.

* Worst Alliance - OMG

* Best Leader - Twigley

* Worst Leader - Hero, u need to stop kicking people when they might take r1 from u :p

* Player of the Round - Allied - Stilli, it's his 2nd round so i doubt many of you know him, but if u can remember way back to the start of the round he was the massive zombie heavy player constantly defending in bribe (with stunner combo) and up until a few days ago he hadn't died much all round and had defended solidly all round and never complained about having to make up for everyone else.

* Player of the Round - Solo - players that played solo all round and made top 100 if there r any of u.

* Best Offensive Player - Recon, as with last round, he get's a lot of land lol

* Best Defensive Player - i wanna say yochoko as she was incredible when she played, but this award should go to somebody committed to all 76 days of the round and someone who actually planned defenses rather than going where told so i choose twigley, he did an outstanding job in both alliances he played for.

* Honourable Mention Player - maickesh, top briber for what, 5th round in a row :p ? + it was a fun ally.

* Worst Player - shipjumpers

* Best Moment of Round - reaching R1 for the first time :D

* Worst Moment of Round - getting landed on for the first time in the round after having been safe for 4 days or so :(

* Other stuff you want to share - y has recon not been locked ?

Last edited:

Robbo

Digger
* Alliance of the round
Bribemania (even tho they didnt let me in :p)

Veritas Aequitas <- did well with wat they had and the constant change of ppl (me bein one of them :( )

* Worst Alliance
The one's that send 5-6 ppl to one player 30% of thier score (part of the game but it suxs)

Magpie (he knows why)

* Worst Player
Zaheen for his bad leadership and preety much everything this round

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
* Alliance of the round - No one

* Best Offensive Alliance - dRage were good at the start here

* Best Defensive Alliance - S2S looked strong since starting up

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Bribe - Stuck to your guns, good effort.

* Worst Alliance - OMG were a huge fail

* Best Leader - Willy seemed to do a good job

* Worst Leader - Ogluk (When dRage was active) Just left everything to Signer or Silence always. Didn't do much. But i still love you.

Edit: He is only getting this, because i know how well he CAN lead.

* Player of the Round - Allied - Yochoko was Awesome, Exko was amazing, Daniel was good as usual.

* Player of the Round - Solo - Masa/Exko before going allied

* Best Offensive Player - Emarosa/Kurosaki/Max all did a great job this round

* Best Defensive Player - Yochoko/Daniel as usual

* Honourable Mention Player - Kurosaki/Emarosa/Miracle/Destiny (forget your actual names, Julie and someone else i think). 3 new players i met this round, amazing player with a lot of potential

* Worst Player - Hero - Just because its funny :)

* Best Moment of Round - Quitting finally!!!! And actually managing not to log on, more than 4 times a week!!

* Worst Moment of Round - dRage failing. Even though rank 1 wasn't actually our aim, just a shame seeing it fail when we looked good.

* Other stuff you want to share - Really wanna say thanks/sorry to all of UR, for joining my solo group and alliance. Then having to bail before end of round. You guys did well and i hope you enjoyed the round!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yochoko is amazing! Thats the only award I can think of.

This. I've never met a more awesome, dedicated, talented, active and generally exceptional player ever. Kuda comes closest I think to matching her in awesome!

Anyways, she's amazing. Made my round for sure.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
My last post in one of these for the foreseeable future, so let's get the proverbial ball rolling:

* Alliance of the round - Er, wut?
* Best Offensive Alliance - As above.
* Best Defensive Alliance - dRQ for about three days at some point. Otherwise, I don't know. Probably Twigs' lot.
* Honourable Mention Alliance - dRQ pre-split. Bribemania for sticking with bribes apart from a couple of rogue thugs during the round.
* Worst Alliance - Zaheen's alliance. I could say others but it would just be bad blood, they just happened to also be shameless bashers on the side of 'performing epically'.
* Best Leader - Ogluk/Caz (Whichever was actually pulling the strings.)
* Worst Leader - Ogluk
* Player of the Round - Allied - Yocho. Obv. No contest.
* Player of the Round - Solo - Er, wut?
* Best Offensive Player - I was on fire for about 4 days, before I lost interest again. Otherwise, Alchemist.
* Best Defensive Player - Yocho. End.
* Honourable Mention Player - Anyone from the original dRQ who woke up at ungodly hours of a day to play a text-based game - When we said that was for lame people at first.
* Worst Player - So many...
* Best Moment of Round - Loling at ruining Aphall, who thought they were amazing, and were all busy patting each other's backs at like week 1/2.
* Worst Moment of Round - Realising we'd been had end of week 3. :<

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Alliance of the round: Veritas Aequitas - some good hits on us, which is largely all you can judge other alliances on as an alliance player.

Most disappointing alliance: Empire- where did you go? I remember getting a semi-ultimatum from you guys mid-roundish and then when I next looked (albeit about 2 weeks later :p) at the rankings, you were gone!

Honourable mention alliance: Hounds- I don't know how you guys managed to come out negative against us in land stolen.

Player of the round (allied): Charlie_B, for being the only person aside from me sticking it through in OWL.

Honourable mention player: Essentially the people who threw in their lot with Charlie and I in our inactive world of indifference- Generalcee, RichardM, Hurricane, ToY, racher

Best moment of the round: Realising that I was going to beat Pantheon to the Brutish Thug award- good fight though :)

Last edited:

Stegosaurus

Pruner
* Alliance of the (start of the) round: Original dR was balling, haven't had that much fun for ages.

* Best Offensive Alliance: No one from my perspective. Just trains and massing as always.

* Best Defensive Alliance: early dR, yochokos extremists were funny

* Honourable Mention Alliance: Discworld, thanks for fattening up my restart <3

* Best Moment of Round: Worrying we'd get aphalla/s2s retal when we hit res, but then watching them just join in instead.

* Worst Moment of Round: Fighting tooth and nail to take down aphalla, then immedietely getting double teamed. Or going from 14k -> 1k land after going away for 4 days.