• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Seed storage

Recon

Pruner
ok bored again, another idea.

what if your harvesters stopped harvesting seeds after you sit on them for so many ticks.
say you got the top ally sitting on seeds all round, thats fine and all, but ya...
say like seed storage is full or w/e and after like 100 ticks or so they just stop storing seeds until you plant or sell current ones. (but still allow the seeds to add up from voting each day to stay in seed storage) no one prolly understands what i'm saying but meh.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I like the idea, but the ammount of ticks should be more like 500 or something like that, since there could be times when you can't plant for the entire winter, because of the shitty weather and it's not really fair to stop producing seeds just because you don't want to plant in heavy snow

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I actually REALLY like this idea. lol.

And 500 sounds like a good amount to me. If you can't plant in 3 days, even during the winter, that's your problem. There's plenty of sun even during the winter.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I dont like this idea, mainly because it would affect me.

Im problably sitting on a few weeks of seeds. Not deliberately, but recently i have been really inactive, just getting killed and land stolen. Not that i never log on, but it seems every time i do its bad weather, or im not prepared to wait around for days hours. Also, i never plant in clear skies in autumn/winter except for early hours as whenever i do i seem to get burned by bad weather.

I want to plant my seeds by havnt had the opportunity to lately. If im going to stop growing because of this i wouldnt even bother playing.

Im sure im not the only one who doesnt plant every day or so just cause we arent active.

Also, i see the point of this is that it would stop seed whoring by higher ranks. If you want to stop this without burning players such as myself, i would suggest not making the idea time based. Instead make it based on the value of seeds where the limit is the same for everyone. For example, say the limit is based on the value of seeds that would be obtained on average by the top ten players in 500 ticks.

So take the top ten players and determine the average value of seeds that would be obtained in 500 ticks of good weather. This would be the limit for everyone. Now obviously a smaller player with less land will take much longer than 500 ticks to reach this limit and so they are less likely to be affected. This is the only way i could see it working, however, i still disagree with the general idea.

Zaheen

BANNED
What if you are a solo player with a small amount of land saving for an expensive development?

What if you just enjoy storing seeds when you are solo to stay low score, and only plant when it's necessary?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
It shouldn't take you longer than 3 days to save for a development. And it could be made longer than 500 ticks, say 700, but I really really like the idea that you can't just sit on seeds for weeks on end. That or you could put the minimum value at like 1tril in seeds before it kicks in to make sure.

And who says storing seeds as a solo and staying on low score is the kind of player the game wants? I certainly don't want that in an allies or solo players, which is why I LOVE this idea so much

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I think this idea has potential. I don't like seed whores in general (although I'm sitting on quite a bit myself purely by accident) and I think it will make the game more interesting. The top ranks will have to grow which will give the ranks below them a bit of breathing room, and should result in more troops, bigger BRs, hopefully more fun.

You'd have to make sure people couldn't just reset the timer by planting 1 seed though.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
And who says storing seeds as a solo and staying on low score is the kind of player the game wants?

This game isnt really in a position to be picking and choosing players.

Btw, this suggestion would benefit ONLY ranks 2-3 alliances by making it harder for rank 1 to attack them.

For the rest of us it would actually be a detriment. Any player who sits on seeds effectively has less troops to defend and so makes them easier targets compared to the players around them. This suggestion would remove these easier targets.

Instead i would suggest increasing the value of seeds. Say value of seeds = 2*actual value.

This would basically negate the effect of seed whoring as you gain score as if you plant anyway, and inactive players dont have to be punished and pushed further away from the game.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
God I'm getting sick of every suggestion getting shot down by people because they think think it will only help larger players.

No to increasing seed score please.

And you'll notice many rank 2/3/4 alliances sit on seeds to try to counter rank 1 sitting on seeds so they can't get hit. This will HELP smaller players too. Larger players will more than likely be large and have less 'small people' in range or they'll get zeroed and be small, or be somewhere transitioning to being large again, rather than sitting on a small amount of troops and farming small people for 2 weeks and then suddenly planting to get huge.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
God I'm getting sick of every suggestion getting shot down by people because they think think it will only help larger players.

No to increasing seed score please.

And you'll notice many rank 2/3/4 alliances sit on seeds to try to counter rank 1 sitting on seeds so they can't get hit. This will HELP smaller players too. Larger players will more than likely be large and have less 'small people' in range or they'll get zeroed and be small, or be somewhere transitioning to being large again, rather than sitting on a small amount of troops and farming small people for 2 weeks and then suddenly planting to get huge.

I dont see how anything you say counters the suggestion of increasing value of seeds.

If value is increased, then if top ranks seed whore, they will have a higher score (similar to if they planted) and therefore the smaller players will be out of range. This suggestion has the same effect of forcing people to plant without punishing others who are accidentally on a lot of seeds.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Because sitting on seeds for a day or 3 has a practical good use, and I think the 'tactic' should still be viable, just not for a long period of time.

(And my post had nothing to do with that suggestion)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I think this idea has potential. I don't like seed whores in general (although I'm sitting on quite a bit myself purely by accident) and I think it will make the game more interesting. The top ranks will have to grow which will give the ranks below them a bit of breathing room, and should result in more troops, bigger BRs, hopefully more fun.

You'd have to make sure people couldn't just reset the timer by planting 1 seed though.

This.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Just make the number of ticks you can hold based on the activity stat.

If you're active 1 hour a day you can hold for 1000 ticks.
If you're active for 5 hours a day you can hold for 200 ticks.

Obviously those wouldn't be the actual values.

Davs

Garden Designer

This.

I reckon if you have a floating limit to the total number of seeds you can have stored, based on how many acres of each type you have - that way if you plant 1 seed, then the next tick you'll only get that 1 seed back.

Elevnos

BANNED
Just make the number of ticks you can hold based on the activity stat.

If you're active 1 hour a day you can hold for 1000 ticks.
If you're active for 5 hours a day you can hold for 200 ticks.

Obviously those wouldn't be the actual values.

this would just make people less active and defend less :p

Walking_Death

Harvester
what ever happened to this idea? azzer ever even see it?

possibly. He says he makes sure to at least go through the suggestions. It's just that I highly doubt he puts too much work in, aside from listening to complaints a bit, and fixing them (e.g. how goddamned flimsy harriers were)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Don't know but i like the idea.
The top will always sit on seeds which means the people below them will do the same or grow and be raped if your defence isnt good.

Kidna stagnates the game imo