• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Unique new route

Obstacle

Pruner
The starter unit would be

Entangling Vines

These units will attack all and fire on all (see below and venus fly trap)

These units are unique in a way they 'paralyze' and fire once per battle on the range mark unless other conditions allow (see below).

They will fire and grapple onto oncoming units and will continue to hold onto them through out the entire battle report and release them after the close tick.

Any units that are disabled, or killed will release the victim able to continue on.

Venus Fly Trap

These units will fire on Middle/Close using the vines to pull the prey into them to be devoured.

This is another basic unit provided to the entire route. These units will begin to eat anything that is paralyzed by the Entangling Vines. Once a fly trap as devoured a thing a vine was holding, the vine is able to fire again.

The route can branch from here:

Tree of the All Mother

The very defensive side: Tree of the All Mother allows you to build the All Mother Tree, you may build only 1 tree. Once you have this tree, it will allow your plant type mobs to 're-produce' you gain a small amount every tick either for free or at the sacrafice of a small amount of seeds per tick.

This tree will deal no damage, but have massive health and armor and once killed it can be re-purchased.

The Offensive Path:

Tree of the All Father

These will be the flak you WANT to die. It will allow you to produce Saplings. Once a Sapling dies, it will spawn into one of the other unit types (as an injury). It will have the highest chance to span into a vine, then a venus fly trap, then to other higher marked units you are able to build.

They deal very little damage and take very little damage.

Possible Briber/Converter Route.

This is a work in progress, just getting some input on weather I should put more effort into it, or are new routes kind of a dead idea.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I love the concept of the two first units - that they work together, and that they are working over several ticks. The use of the defensive branched must be reasoned out a bit more - as if the re-production is exponential it would be a potential imortality put into system.
I like the idea of the Tree of the All Father as well.

I honestly believe we have more than enough bribers out there. But that said, I'd love to see some more thoughts on this route.

(Be aware that you will probably be flamed by the negative trolls we have here, and that there is a very slim chance of it actually being implemented).

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
I'm intrigued, which for me is a rare thing regarding suggestions these days

with some work could definitly be an interesting and potentially worthwhile suggestion
so yeah, develop it, gimme a shout on irc or via forum PMs for some assistance if ya want, i've got more spare time than i know what to do with atm soooo might aswell help with interesting suggestions like this ^^

Obstacle

Pruner
Well tank you guys, I was expecting an onslaught of flames. I will definitely flesh it out more and post more on the route as it is developed.

Might even pester the one with a lot of free time, two heads are better then one. ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Aye. I like this idea for the aforementioned reasons. Good on you Obstacle. Give it some more work and you get my vote!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I agree - Intriguing. Nature route, eh? Shove it in Protestor route, they can do with some trees to hug and flowers to eat.

EDIT: My only issue would be the changing of the starter unit - Rather than making Azzer have to batch a crapload more coding for a new attack type, simply make it a stun unit (that fires in all ticks), with a reasonable init.

Last edited:

No-Dachi

Official Helper
But that's the best part if it, DaX! Surely it can't be that much hassle - the code is already restoring HP/AR to units, just make it skip that, and remove it from combat as long as the unit lives. Put the unit into a sort of "closet", where it will either die if unit X deals Y damage, or if unit Z is killed it will be released.

Davs

Garden Designer
I agree with No-Dachi. The first two units are awesome - really clever and original idea (but it might be a biatch for Azzer to code).
The all mother tree sounds interesting, but just randomly producing troops could lead to (as No-Dachi said) immortality as a player. Perhaps it could just increase your injury rating on all troops (+40% or something?)

Saplings are a cool idea as well.

I'd like to see what your ideas are for any other units in the route, as so far you're onto a winner imo.

Max

Garden Designer
Love the ideas here, they are really innovative and really interesting. I'd love to see also what kind of ideas you have for the rest of the units in the route. I suggest that you go for as imaginative a set of ideas as you can come up with and the rest of us will refine your clearly awesome creative talents :D

Obstacle

Pruner
Thanks all for the good support. I will definitely flesh this out some more, expect to see more from me within a week.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Thanks all for the good support. I will definitely flesh this out some more, expect to see more from me within a week.

Speak to Hugo (Walking_Death in forums) - He had some awesome ideas too when he spent time on Bush.

Last edited by a moderator: