• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

war decleration battle totals

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i would like a running total of just damage, distraction, disables, bribes
recieved and delivered to the target you are at war with in both attacks and defence

so you can see what you have suffered, and what they have suffered in the fighting between your two allies. As far as i know i cant see anything like this. it would definately make the wars more interesting (for me anyway) to be able to see what damage has been done to each side, by each side.

i dont know if the war tab in alliance mantainence pages is visible to all members, or just those that have the power to declare war. but maybe these running totals could be kept here and it be made viible to all members of the alliance?

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
it would be cool to see defensive stats too, to see how we are doing overall.. ^_^ Offensive is good to see how we are at attacking, defensive would be good to see how well we are defending (including land totals)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I can't see why it would do any harm to put the war totals in, separately to the normal ones when they apply?
Or maybe a general 'wartracker' page for everyone to watch the other alliance's running totals.

lillie

Harvester
There are still wars being declared ? :shock:

It sounds a really good idea,I like the idea of a wartracker.

Probably because I`m so nosey :)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I can't see why it would do any harm to put the war totals in, separately to the normal ones when they apply?
Or maybe a general 'wartracker' page for everyone to watch the other alliance's running totals.

i think i even prefer this, public to all is good in a way. (also alliance totals only show attacks, i want it to be made quite clear i think defensive damage done shud be included in a war page)

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Defensive Damage should've been included when Offensive stats were added. I don't remember why they weren't, and it shouldn't be any harder to sort out Def stats, than it is to figure out Off Stats.

A separate tab on the Alliance Combat Stats page with War totals would be cool too. Could even give you dates for the declaration and the rescinding of the Decl. Would be awfully cool!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Iirc, Alci, it was because Azzer wanted to promote attacking over defending. We've had some issues in the past where alliances were as good as impossible to take out because of injuries, and nobody bothered to attacked. I think this was done the way it is to encourage attacks over defending.

Though, on the topic of wars; how about we remove negative HF gains while warring, and make the targets get their alliance bounty added to their personal bounties? Back in the day you used to get a heavier bounty if your alliance had a red title - bringing this back in the game when two alliances are warring would promote more attacks - and removing the negative HF gains would make sure the bounty would not dwindle away.

This and the no injury policy that's already in place would make sure alliances that were warring actually had to attack, and not just sit on their asses defending and outgrowing the rest. *cough*

A seperate table for wars fought would be cool. There you could have a "ranking" system as well, where the alliances who won the most wars were showed. Something to fight for for the lower alliances as well :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't think that's true Dachi. Simply removing one half of the visible stats won't promote offensive attacking over defensive playstyle. If my alliance is really good at defending, I won't force them to go attacking. Sure, you won't win a war defensively (at least probably not); but I certainly wouldn't be persuaded to go on the offensive because of statistics. I might go offensive for a few reasons; like them dying on our defence a lot, or them buying mass flak, or them doing something stupid when attacking us (going all out and us retalling for example) which would give us the advantage to go offensive as a result of our exceptional defense. Ingame Combat tracking stats certainly would be the very last reason why i would change my game style.

It's completely imbalanced now to only show half the statistics on the page. This round is a great example, and would show a lot more clearly the reality of the situation if we could see both Offensive, and Defensive combat statistics. Wouldn't you be interested to see the entire picture of a war, than just half of it? Speaking out of personal pride here, I'd really like to see the Defensive stats for dRQ this round. We did a lot of damage consistently in defence, even when being killed by rushes/bashes and being land raped. I'd be really interested to see all that score tallied up.

/rant over, sorry.

I support everything else in your post, spot on, as usual.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Oh, I don't agree with it. I was merely stating what I thought was the reasoning behind it. I too would like to see the total damage dealt, and what was dealt in defence and in attacks. I'd also like to see how much bounty was gained on the other alliance.