• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

military page Mob size

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
this is my suggestion:

suggestion.jpg

this suggestion also works for the following:
  • entering troop %'s eg. 70%
  • if you accidentally put 1.5m instyead of 1500k, it contributes 0 to the total outbound
  • if you havent refreshed your military page and actualyl some of these troops arent home it will not tell you
  • it does not tell you the eta

i chose this to make it easier to see if you have done it right when sending to multiple targets.(def & attack) but still requires you to know you have enough flak etc and you to divide it up without overlap. so doesnt take away all the skill

I do worry it may be considered taking away some of that human factor that leads to mistakes, hence why i havent suggested a fall proof system even a moron could use. thers still a small possibility to forget to send a geo with the fake defence etc.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
No. This suggestion takes away 95% of the human error portion of splitting mobs.

I do worry it may be considered taking away some of that human factor that leads to mistakes, hence why i havent suggested a fall proof system even a moron could use. thers still a small possibility to forget to send a geo with the fake defence etc.

Not a large enough margin IMO. I would love this if it were installed, but I don't think it should be

Zaheen

BANNED
I quite like the idea, although I enjoy making my numbers look pretty whilst others are too lazy, nice suggestion but what about stealth units?

I think the idea would add a lot more tactical play into the game, which should make it more fun - I have something like this the calc I made years ago anyway, and it's just something most players do in their heads.

Last edited by a moderator:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
yeah but thats alci's point. doing it in your head, you can make mistakes, which is that human factor, giving this game some level of compentency and skill. im not sure as you say though if it completely removes this. as most people prepare thier mobs and check it before send. and adding up is not that big a human factor, imo

zaheen stealth units would be shown in those numbers,infact all units would be. its not that hard for a stealth person to balance there mobs. a/h/t/q/f in the flak/geo/nld/nlt boxes as appropriate for the number of targets. and put the stealth troops where you want them. after the rest is sorted.

edit:

also feel people sending in a hurry probably would click send before seeing the box says the right number on a fake. and mistakes can still be made. but yeah. the idea is to make it easier to quickly balance a set of mobs ingame. especially if sending from phone, and cant see the whole screen clearly

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Agreed with Alci - When contactability is so prevalent nowadays, you have to leave space for people to make mistakes and show contactability /= skill.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
No. This suggestion takes away 95% of the human error portion of splitting mobs.

Not a large enough margin IMO. I would love this if it were installed, but I don't think it should be

Agree 100%.

Id love it when sending mass ally attacks as i always worry im gonna mess up horribly (and often do) so usually have to check everything about 10 times and start 15 mins before :p
BUT, alci is right...its a good thing that its like that, that you can mess up.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
yeah kinda figured as much. its more of an app thing i think. easy enough to do i would imagine, and im sure people can see the benefits. just was seeing if people thought it would be better to allow everyone to have access, or just give more benefits to those who buy apps and support thier creators with the odd donation. nvm. i kind of agree with the idea it doesnt leave enough room for mistakes. just figured it would probably be in an app sooner or later, so may as well see if its the kind of thing every one should have access to.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Well, if it does make it into an app, and we see how it interacts with gameplay, I might be happy to change my opinion if it turns out to be too automated. Honestly willy, I would love nothing more than such a calc since I absolutely detest making my mobs accurate, but I think this simply takes too much away from the ability to send reals/fakes. I feel like it would stagnate gameplay because it would make it too hard to decipher reals/fakes on targets.

Then again, that kind of thing might force more risky behaviour since you'd have to take chances with risking defence. I honestly don't know what the effect would be, but given the laziness of our current playerbase, i see option A (mass recalls) more likely than risking defence :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
yeah kinda figured as much. its more of an app thing i think. easy enough to do i would imagine, and im sure people can see the benefits. just was seeing if people thought it would be better to allow everyone to have access, or just give more benefits to those who buy apps and support thier creators with the odd donation. nvm. i kind of agree with the idea it doesnt leave enough room for mistakes. just figured it would probably be in an app sooner or later, so may as well see if its the kind of thing every one should have access to.

That is the problem i guess...if something is going to be added to a toolbar or w/e that SOME people cant use, is it better (even if it might be to automated) to make it available for everyone than have some people having access and others (likely newer players as well) not.

When i was playing competitively i used to use polo's add-on and maybe would again but at the moment i dont feel the need to.