• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Limits on Alliance Overview Message

a891166002

Weeder
My suggestion on the Alliance Overview Message (AOM) is let there be more room to type. I am not trying to be annoying and fill up all the available space for typing in the AOM but I just want to be able to apply my HTML codes properly and fully with the other jazz typed by my leader.

Well what was I coding and the size of it? It started off after a couple rounds of being in Alliances where the AOM was the best place to post the Alliances Member's ID, nickname, gmt, and other info in the form of: ID|nickname|GMT|contact|etc., of which was quite ugly, (and yes I know that we can see this stuff via the "Members" link on the "Alliance Overview" but it is also limited to size). I then remembered that BBcodes can be used therefore HTML codes can also be used. Looking at examples of how to code info into Columns and Rows, I have finally coded in all of my Alliance Member's info. (The HTML coding in Verdana font and size 10 took approx. 85% of a standard Mic.Words page.) I then copied the coding into a "New Message" on bush and pressed "Preview" and boom the chart with the info correct. Knowing that it would be annoying for the leader to post this himself, I did it myself by copy&paste in the AOM, (right after all the other jazz), and there it was, parts of my coding disappeared due to limit of characters allowed on the AOM.

So I'm suggesting is that more characters be allowed to be used in the Alliance Overview Message!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I have no problem whatsoever with increasing Alliance Overview Message. I myself have no issues with the current setup, but i can see how others could require more space.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm not responsible for making it happen, I was merely supporting your idea :p

I can't answer your questions.

a891166002

Weeder
o sorry i thought u were one of the designers of bush XD

anyhow i think that the AOM should be increased atleast 2 times, which in my theory equates to 2 Mic.Word pages with Verdana font at size 10

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I saw your work actually with all the side scrolling, etc. I lol'd when you made the whole OV scroll round though.
My advice is chat with Azzer. It's a minor tweak that will take him about two minutes to implement. If you can't ask, I'll ask him for you? :)

a891166002

Weeder
If you could ask him that'll be great becuase I have no idea when he will be on IRC and my timezone doenst match his at all

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
If you could ask him that'll be great becuase I have no idea when he will be on IRC and my timezone doenst match his at all

You can send him a forum PM as well. It's not strictly necessary to talk to him in person, although that might help.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
No problem matey, I'll be sure to let you know via my friend in your alliance what the outcome is :)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
sad times

sad times

after discovering the journal can also use html codes, i was designing stuff to put on overview and neaten it up myself.

i didnt close the code or did something...now i cant open my journal.

*CREIS*

all my best stuffs on there

a891166002

Weeder
did u design it all at once or step by step?

most likely the codes arent compatible or something, which causes big problems

so actually cant open your journal?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
azzer/weeble (aka weebzer) fixed it. i didnt finish with </table>

so i broke it, ..now if i do that in journal it just changes all the entries in the journal into the same format ..funky. (everything has a blue boarder in the journal entries below)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
yup i entered

<table border="2" bordercolor="#336699" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%">
<tr>
<td>something here</td>
</tr>
</table>

without the "</table>" at the end.
slash,, maybe dont try it. as it seems to break journal for, windows 2000, IE 6, stupid works pc.

though it loads in FF on my home pc.

maybe best not to try doing this.

a891166002

Weeder
i already did

especially the table, i made a table composing of my ally member's name/nick/gmt/number/route

looks very beautiful and pro on the AOM, but it takes up all the character space allowed on the AOM

(my code, in verdana font 10 takes a whole MicWORD page)

thats y this suggestion is made, to increase the space allowed in the AOM

but its been 2+week and azzer hasn't been replying much