Civ V

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I made a thread before the server crash about this, but it went byebye obviously :p

Publisher 2K announced Civilization V will ship in North America on September 21, 2010 and internationally on September 24 for Windows PC.

Who's getting it? We goddamn well better get some awesome online games going with bush people. I'll definitely be getting it!!! Been playing since Civ3 and it's my second favorite PC game series of all time :D.

I haven't read up much on what's new so if someone wants to post some info so I don't have to look it up or at least link me to some stuff would be cool ;)

[Edit by DA]
A chatroom has been created on the same server as #Bushtarion (irc.netgamers.org) - All are welcome to join and use it as a lobby for multiplayer games. #CiV :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
It looks god damn awesome. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it until next year as I'm going travelling at the end of September. =/

timtadams

Landscape Designer
It looks god damn awesome. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it until next year as I'm going travelling at the end of September. =/

Unfortunately?!?!? Screw Civ V if im going travelling! :p

PS. I wont be getting it cause my computer cant play it XD

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
MattM assures me its going to be awesome. I'm a civ virgin but I'll happily give it a go if MattM says it all adds up.

We'll push the boat out and get ourselves an IRC room to server as a multiplayer lobby ^^

[yoyo]

Planter
i hope it has a toned down religion unlike CIV4. one can be happy happy but that civ next to you still hates that your an infidel, a whole 4 to 8 points lowering infidel :mrgreen: and yes Monty is going to attack you in a few turns:!:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Religion sucked that way. But culture wins were the way to go! Mass temples and plough research into culture and get all the great artists and culture improvements. Great game otherwise.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
ive been playing since civ 2, but my computer can barely handle civ4, so civ5 looks doubtful :( but my best wins were winning via space race :D, only way i have won noble :( there is always some AI better then me :(

Max

Garden Designer
To be honest, I am just waiting to get enough money to get a new laptop just to play this game :p

It'll be awesome fun, just so long as I get to kill Isabella. It's like a part of every one of my games xD

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
im just waiting for it to come out, watching civ V livestream doesnt sound fun at all :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Store opens in an hour....

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee're off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Civ!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
They didn't reserve me a copy. Despite me paying them and having a receipt.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! I hate ebgames. They have done this to me twice! *cries*