Best names round 37

Davis

Tree Surgeon
glad we could pick up were i left things off in this comunity. nevertheless could you point out where it says that "funny" is part of the criteria for this thread.

Best <> Funny

and i just wanted to make sure people understood that
...---... = morse code for SOS (save our ship/souls/ a cry for help)
and a Telegraph is the most common thing that morse code was pass along with.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
We understand the name. For most people a good name is either very clever or funny, or both. Yours is horribly contrived, not amusing, and you've made it even worse by being so self-satisfied that you had to post it YOURSELF on forums, when it isn't even an ingame name.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Contrary to popular belief SOS doesn't stand for save our ship/save our souls. It has no actual meaning, people just thought it's one of the easiest "codes" you could send via the telegraph so they found it appropriate for emergencies.

And everyone knows that ...---... is morse code for SOS, so your hypothetical nickname is neither funny nor, by any means, witty.

Oh, it also doesn't make that much sense. It's basically "Get your phone ready, hello"

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Contrary to popular belief SOS doesn't stand for save our ship/save our souls. It has no actual meaning, people just thought it's one of the easiest "codes" you could send via the telegraph so they found it appropriate for emergencies.

And everyone knows that ...---... is morse code for SOS, so your hypothetical nickname is neither funny nor, by any means, witty.

Oh, it also doesn't make that much sense. It's basically "Get your phone ready, hello"

if ...---... = sos and sos = for emergencies (both you stated)
then i highly doubt
...---... would translate to hello.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
glad we could pick up were i left things off in this comunity. nevertheless could you point out where it says that "funny" is part of the criteria for this thread.

Best <> Funny

and i just wanted to make sure people understood that
...---... = morse code for SOS (save our ship/souls/ a cry for help)
and a Telegraph is the most common thing that morse code was pass along with.

I'm glad you're so pleased about the lack of progress of our relationship. I certainly haven't changed, so I can't imagine why you would suddenly become any smarter or funnier :p

I don't know what else you would judge a "best" ingame name on.

I figure a good name, especially one that might be considered the "best" should be either witty, clever, amusing, or otherwise impressive. Not to mention the name should actually be used. Also, assuming it's actually a funny name, you shouldn't have to post it yourself. The playerbase is not large enough to have a truly funny name escape being posted.

Speaking for myself, I find your submission lacking on numerous counts, as I've previously posted. Would you care to try again?

Edit: It's funny how often your name comes up in relation to the phrase "absence of a sense of humour". Were you born that way?

Illumination

Head Gardener
Mean people suck. If you dont like the name, fine- but why beat someone to the ground? He was just saying he liked the name- not attacking anyone at all...so I see no need for the off the wall trolling. Also, why wouldn't you be allowed to acknowledge your own name? Its no more of a fail than the attitudes just portrayed.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
failtrain has arrived

discussing about if something is funny is even more dumb :p

QFT - C'mon guys. Just leave him to it, if people find it funny they'll say so, if he gets no one supporting it, then that's enough of a message.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Squiffy for just being full of win
The Yellow Flash of the Leaf - nerd lovin'
Without geometry life is pointless - cool word play
Vidi. Veni. Adulteri. - :D

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Mean people suck. If you dont like the name, fine- but why beat someone to the ground? He was just saying he liked the name- not attacking anyone at all...so I see no need for the off the wall trolling. Also, why wouldn't you be allowed to acknowledge your own name? Its no more of a fail than the attitudes just portrayed.

We'll just have to agree to disagree there.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Without geometry life is pointless - cool word play

that has to be my favorite i didn't get it till i saw your "cool word play" and i gave it a little more thought and realized how clever it was indeed :)

Zaheen

BANNED
Pakistani's can't swim.

Epic.
Not as epic as Osama Bin Laden of British Airways the round after it happened

The playerbase is not large enough to have a truly funny name escape being posted.

Edit: It's funny how often your name comes up in relation to the phrase "absence of a sense of humour". Were you born that way?
Wow, have you ever tried being nice to somebody?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm nice to plenty of people. And I don't think you understand the definition of emo.