Out of the Loop

webvictim

Harvester
It is solely down to the amount of effort that gets put in at the start. As people have already said, there are those of us who just won't make time to spend many, many hours playing this game at antisocial times.

Mysterious

Harvester
10 hours a day sounds a bit strong. I think 7-8 enough for the old ftw standards, while now, you need to be active for the first week. After that - you've won the round. Then you can just stop loggin on at all, contactability is also not that necessary in a winning alliance. It's the rank 2 alliance that always makes most effort and suffers the most, sadly.

While you might be correct in what you are saying, having a life, job, career, family, or even aspiring to those things means that even though you may only need to be active the first week, unless you take the week off, one simply doesn't even have enough time to do even that for a week. and I'm not sad enough to take a week of annual leave for an online game lol.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Bit harsh to call someone sad for trying to win a game. And it's not like everybody in the top alliance stops everything else in their alliance for a week. All you have to do is pull 1 all-nighter (don't even have to do that depending where you're from or if you power nap, or you can just be slightly behind in devs, it will be easier to steal land if you are smaller at the beginning) and logon periodocally throughout the day to send attacks. I was top 25 or something with less than 6 hours of activity with this.

Mysterious

Harvester
I'm not calling anyone sad for trying to win a game. Must I remind you that I once played to win this game also? I am merely saying that annual leave is not exactly in abundance, and I would rather use it for a holiday and rest well rather than spend it playing a game that would mean a disjointed sleep :)

I really don't need you to teach me how to play this game Iamsmart lol. I'm not saying that everyone has to play my way, merely that each has their own priorities, and each person has their own allotted amount of free time and things with which to do them in, and sometimes, one may barely be able to spend 2 ticks online a day, let alone 2 hours. And that is why there are less capable alliances, because there just aren't enough players who can put the time in in comparison to the 'top' alliances, who would normally spend at least 6-8 hours minimum online, and those that are contactable.

Now this is not to say that players who play in a similar manner are not 'pros', but someone who spends 12 hours in comparison to your 2 will ultimately find a way to kill you :)

Bcoy

Weeder
If Rank 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 Alliances formed a Resistence they could (note could) possibly topple rank 1 and re open the game up for all other alliances..
Like i said im pretty new so dont flame me for this, but my Dad use to play Bush for quite a few rounds think he started back in Round 14 and he said there was some good fun to be had in a stale round using this action.

He said it doesnt happen now as there are too many score queens (unsure what he means with that quote) but it would be fun to see this happen it would make for a interesting round i think ;)

Alvestein

Garden Designer
resistances are usually nasty business. too many agendas and too many lazy people (i.e. people like me or in my alliance.)

I do remember being part of 2 resistances which worked brillianty. an irc room full of the top dogs in each ally formulating plans to take down the top ally is always good fun if it works out properly and theres some form of order but more often than not it'll just fall apart into chaos nowadays. A good resistance takes alot of hard work and cooperation from alot of people hence why they're quite rare.

Bcoy

Weeder
resistances are usually nasty business. too many agendas and too many lazy people (i.e. people like me or in my alliance.)

I do remember being part of 2 resistances which worked brillianty. an irc room full of the top dogs in each ally formulating plans to take down the top ally is always good fun if it works out properly and theres some form of order but more often than not it'll just fall apart into chaos nowadays. A good resistance takes alot of hard work and cooperation from alot of people hence why they're quite rare.

Awww such a shame sounds like fun , wish i had the knowledge and friend base to at least try but unfortunatly i have neither. Would love too see something like this happen though :)
Maybe thats what the game is missing now a days alliances should put there small wars aside for a while topple the top then fight for rank 1 but i think i just sussed what my old man ment by score queen's ;)