Anti-Rape help

MetalDeath

Beginner
Ok so I've been having a big problem with Anti-Rape. No matter who I attack, AR is called 5/8 times. I know that AR is based off of the threat of incoming attack troops. I've made a point to thoroughly check my target at least 3 times before I send to make sure they are within the AR boundaries but I still get hit. WTH is going on? Anybody care to help... Please? I lost half of my rank because of bs AR. thanks guys.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
AR is both the most irritating and most ingenious calculation within this game.
You win some, you lose some, is all I can say. Try attacking people nearer 60%, or sending less troops, or checking that AR is there with a fly over or spy at attacking for 3. Theres no real way around it, but perseverance Im afraid. Good luck!

MetalDeath

Beginner
Thanks, it's real infuriating. I've tried marking people at 60, 90, and 100+ percent. and each time AR get's called. It's just like GRR. lol

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Thanks, it's real infuriating. I've tried marking people at 60, 90, and 100+ percent. and each time AR get's called. It's just like GRR. lol

spy them. if they have been zeroed or badly damaged in the last 2 days then dont send lets, if not just try it!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

As you get more used to the game, youll learn what you can send without triggering without any real effort - But like Atsan said, spy them, check for recent hits, and hack to analyse the troops. Youll get there eventually.
Best of luck!

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Theres no real way around it, but perseverance Im afraid. Good luck!

That's bullshit, I'm afraid. If you know all the variables you can easily send without triggering

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Theres no real way around it, but perseverance Im afraid. Good luck!

That's bullshit, I'm afraid. If you know all the variables you can easily send without triggering

For someone that's new, that is actually correct. It was a piece of advice considering he is new. Why baffle yourself on your first round with a tool that does the work for you? That was the joy of learning for me - It makes you a better player when you have a vague idea for yourself. Consider I've never used Bushtools before - I'm a majority phone user, and very competent mathematician, and my phone doesn't support bushtools, so why get lazy?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I never mentioned using any bush tools did I? The calculations are fairly simple and understanding the mechanics of the game can only aid a newbie's progress

Elevnos

BANNED
Basically this is how it works:

Target TOTAL score x 1.45 = score A
Mob score = score B
If score B is higher than score A then AR is triggered.
BUT: If the target is solo they will most likely have an AR modifier, the AR modifier is a percentage between 0 and 90, whichever percentage this is score A multiplied by this percentage to make score C.
Score C is then taken away from score A to give score D.
Score D is now the target's score for which if score B is higher than score D then AR is triggered.
The percentage goes up depending on how long ago a player was attacked and how much of their score was lost, it also goes down at a certain rate per turn (I can't remember the rate).
Notes:
If the target is allied this is completely irrelevant, no AR will ever be triggered on an allied player.
The percentage of AR can only be seen by the person who has it.
The longer you leave after someone has attacked a target the less chance you have of triggering.

I hope that's cleared it up for you a bit and isn't too complicated :)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
that's pretty much it, sounds complicated but isn't. Also you'd find it easier if you did the calculation Total score * 1.45 * 500 which would give you the value in funds, which will be easier for you to compare with your troops value.

Also this
while true is a calculation too much, it's easier to just do Score A * 1.45 *(1 - AR mod)

so for exmaple if your target has 90% AR you'd add *0.1 in the calculation :)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
that's pretty much it, sounds complicated but isn't. Also you'd find it easier if you did the calculation Total score * 1.45 * 500 which would give you the value in funds, which will be easier for you to compare with your troops value.

Also this
while true is a calculation too much, it's easier to just do Score A * 1.45 *(1 - AR mod)

so for exmaple if your target has 90% AR you'd add *0.1 in the calculation :)

I would of happily chipped this in too, if I werent posting on my phone. :)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Elevnos is right with what he said previously
and shadowbane is right win that its much easier to calculate what to send (even roughly) if you convert score A(as per elvenos description) into funds count

simply taking the PLAYERS|SCORE * 1.45*500 is the total amount of funds worth of troops that can be sent if they have 0% AR (if you get this value then go to hiring page and fil the boxes with the mob you would like to send you can get the cost of the troops you would be sending) you also have to account for AR

ScoreA as elvenos said is multiplied by the inverse of the targets AR modifier

that is if they have 90% AR then you can only send 10% of SCORE A
at 50% AR you can send 50% of the value SCORE A
and so on

but how do you calculate AR?>

The percentage goes up depending on how long ago a player was attacked and how much of their score was lost, it also goes down at a certain rate per turn (I can't remember the rate).

AR drops at 0.12 per tick. in addition to this there are 6 ticks in a complete bushtarion ingame day. so as long as you know your days of the month you can go back to the last time they were zeroed in game

eg

if there is a big BR dated Sat 8th Jan, year 2. Midnight

andd the current date is Tue 22nd Feb, year 2. Dusk

then you can very roughly say 21(janurary days)+22(february days) have passed in total thats 43 days or 43* 6[=258] ticks (you can adjust this so its more accurate and get the exact value give or take the time of day midnight-dusk etc but this is uneccessary in my experience as its going to take you 5 ticks to arrive at the target so even if your a bit off in calculating ar it will have dropped a bit more between the send and the troops arriving)

finally you calculated its been 258 ticks since they died (258*0.12) so they have dropped 30.96% in AR. so assuming max AR 90%-30.96% = approx. current AR 59.04%

so if this is thier current AR you have to multiply SCORE A by the inverse of this (100-59.04) 40.96% (percentage in to decimal divide by 100)

so SCORE A * 0.496 will give you the approximate value score you can send. and as previously mentioned multiply this by 500 = thier troop score

SCORE A *0.496*500 = £xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx. and you can therefore send any amount of troops that is less than that value.

its alot of writing but its a very quick calc if u have a really nice target thats worth taking a bit of time over. hope this helps

(EDIT: alternatively if they have no news they havent been attacked in 577 ticks so they have an ar of around 21% and you can send 500*1.45*0.79*thier score in value of troops. So 572.75*thier score =£x go to hiring page and fill the boxes to be less than £x)

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
That is the most baffling thing you could say to a new person to this game. Well done.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
tbh..ive been playing this game for around 12 rounds or so and i dont know how AR works whatsoever and probably never will.

my rule of thumb is if they've suffered big losses within a day, leave them be :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
meh if i joined a game id want want a technical description not be treated as a dumb ass just because im new. maybe its not as clearly explained as it could have been because i was hung over but it makes sense imo

6ticks = 1 day ingame = 1 hour in real time. you can work out how many in game days since the player died. and that gives you the means to calculate a rough AR drop. You take the number of ingame days since they died and multiplie it by 0.12 (the amount ar modifire drops per tick as previously mentioned) you get an AR modifier drop, and AR modifier as the name implies modifies the value of troops you can send at a target without triggering. and i though elvenos explained the amount you can send well., but without including the modifier you will still have little chance of sending a mob that wont trigger. sorry if you feel my explanation was poorly worded or to complex. feel free to give your own explanation

if he wants it dumbed down and me to patronise him just cos hes new and i therefore assume he cant comprehend anything that requires a bit of maths, im more than happy to in a PM. But i think new people have the comprehension of eveyone else, they just lack the technical knowledge or the ins and outs of gamemehcnaics. But w/e i just gave an answer to combine with elevnos' answer that i felt for me when i was a new player would allow me to work out AR. which is one of the most useful tools you can have imo.

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
meh if i joined a game id want want a technical description not be treated as a dumb ass just because im new. maybe its not as clearly explained as it could have been because i was hung over but it makes sense imo

6ticks = 1 day ingame = 1 hour in real time. you can work out how many in game days since the player died. and that gives you the means to calculate a rough AR drop. You take the number of ingame days since they died and multiplie it by 0.12 (the amount ar modifire drops per tick as previously mentioned) you get an AR modifier drop, and AR modifier as the name implies modifies the value of troops you can send at a target without triggering. and i though elvenos explained the amount you can send well., but without including the modifier you will still have little chance of sending a mob that wont trigger. sorry if you feel my explanation was poorly worded or to complex. feel free to give your own explanation

if he wants it dumbed down and me to patronise him just cos hes new and i therefore assume he cant comprehend anything that requires a bit of maths, im more than happy to in a PM. But i think new people have the comprehension of eveyone else, they just lack the technical knowledge or the ins and outs of gamemehcnaics. But w/e i just gave an answer to combine with elevnos' answer that i felt for me when i was a new player would allow me to work out AR. which is one of the most useful tools you can have imo.

It's not about dumbing anything down - It's about baby steps. You learn progressively. Very few can jump straight in at the deep end - And I know I still don't use those calculations for AR. You make your own way of working it out as you go along. One of the things contributing to the decline of this game is the fact that most of the numbers are out there now in solid state - They used to be hidden, so you did the work yourself, which is another facet of the fun of the game.
Now we have BushTools that do all the work you should be doing for you, and it's sucked one of the fun parts of the game out of it. This is just my opinion, but I think alot of the older members of the game may agree with me there.

penguin

Official Helper
I didn't bother reading all the posts.. most people are probably right about the technical explanations about the AR. I still don't know the whole mechanics behind the AR system and I'll probably have someone like willy explain it to me :p it does take a few rounds fiddling with the AR system, when they send etc. if you don't have the precise calculations of the AR percentage.
lot of troops + not hit for a few days = roughly 5% or lower AR
no troops + hit very recently = 90% AR
It does calculate in the LET, INN etc. troops, but usually taking that information above and guessing the in-between the numbers does it for me about 90% of the time. If you're in question, you could always ask alliance mates or go into IRC and ask for some advice on it :D

EDIT: Not to mention the what 0.12% decrease in AR each tick?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
lot of troops + not hit for a few days = roughly 5% or lower AR

Spy reports only show the last 4 days, so if the target hasn't been hit in the spy report you can only be sure the AR mode is lower than roughly 20%