New to game !

Bcoy

Weeder
Hi
Being new too the game im playing a little blind , Ive decided too go Assasins ect.. but i'm unsure what the best attack policy is for this chosen route. What am i best against and what to avoid ?

Any advice welcomed.

Many Thanks in advance

B-coy

Tapeyy

Pruner
Treat this as advice from some one who is not entirely sure, this is just my best guess never having played the route.

That depends on weather you are going to buy the p-unit, secret agents.

With out the P-unit your best choice is amour based routes, Attacking stricker players would probably be your best bet. Robotic route sheild droids or nanobot is also ok, just make sure if you attack robotic with pa there arent to many pa.

You will want most of your army to be made up of assassins I would think.

Im not sure what ratio you should chose for a non p-unit assassins route.

If you are getting secret agents this widens up your options somewhat, if you get them they should make up the majority of your army. Them you should be attacking thugs unless im very confused, rpg route is very weak vs secret agents. I would wait for some one who has actually payed this route to come along before you commit all your troops. You can try read the manual and see what It recommends for your route but that will probably only say what you should do if you have the P-unit.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Again, I haven't played the route, but I put research into every route even if I don't intend to play them.
At this stage I would just of teched SA's, if my plan for teching went as I planned. I'd go heavy SA with some supporting Assassins. Target all thug routes, RPG's, and if you're in an alliance, support Strikers and RPG's.
Also, I'd say this is one route I'd never choose to go. It's a very weak route when faced with anything like heavy armour, like apaches or Tyrant Drones, and they fall like flies to both these units in particular.
An inflexible route, with set weaknesses, with no margin for improvement. Something I hate in any route.

Bcoy

Weeder
thanks for the advice i guess i didnt choose the best route for a beginner then :( but i think i will go for the Blueprint and get SA's to open up my target range.

many thanks for the help :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Read: Bla bla bla, I don't know what I'm talking about, bla bla bla.

SAs are one of the most flexible routes in the game since they have two early firing units which kill armour and health. You can mass either one and rape. Even against robos you can hold your own if you have mass assassins (depending on the robo ratio ofc).

And also take into account pure stealth mobs, the fact nobody attacking you can know what you have for sure, layered flak with stealth harvs/gards, and stealth geos. SAs are probably the strongest all-round route along with strikers.

Sure, TDs will waste you if they fire, but you're a moron if you're looking for a route with absolutely no weaknesses.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
be aware although you may not have experienced other routes the assassins arent the best armour killers. and only after taking off the armour can you kill something by killing its health. people generally refer to it as Armour stripping, and most routes have something that "strips armour" before the health killers fire. your route will fire at health first(sa) before firing at armour(ass) i wont bore you with details but due to this so toby is bang on the money in saying you can either mass assasisns or mass SA. trying to balance the two will not help ypu kill stuff any better (except maybe a striker with a bit of each unit). and in my limited experience with the route i personally found mass SA gave few losses than mass assassins.

ps. apaches are hard to kill and if a striker has alot of them they will be a painful target. (watch out for stealth units such as marines and vampires in the spie report)

Last edited:

mdoom

Digger
I think I need to start trying out different paths myself. I just started again recently, last played MANY years ago, and I've forgotten all of these things now :(

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Read: Bla bla bla, I don't know what I'm talking about, bla bla bla.

SAs are one of the most flexible routes in the game since they have two early firing units which kill armour and health. You can mass either one and rape. Even against robos you can hold your own if you have mass assassins (depending on the robo ratio ofc).

And also take into account pure stealth mobs, the fact nobody attacking you can know what you have for sure, layered flak with stealth harvs/gards, and stealth geos. SAs are probably the strongest all-round route along with strikers.

Sure, TDs will waste you if they fire, but you're a moron if you're looking for a route with absolutely no weaknesses.

Tob, I class flexible as something that I can generally fight as much as possible with. Strikers, RPGs and the like. Stop telling me my opinion is incorrect, when it is mine. Not yours. I don't like Spec Ops, I stated my reasons, and I personally see those reasons as justified. I don't like routes with little character. And I feel that's what SA's are - A route with no real character.

Zaheen

BANNED
...but you're a moron if you're looking for a route with absolutely no weaknesses.

Wow, way to gret a new player...

Dear new player ; )

There are many who have played the route, and most will tell you that without the purchasing the blueprint your route will have major weaknesses to most of the routes.

What to avoid;

Robotics - Psycho Androids/Tyrant Drones
Protestor - Political Masterminds (they won't hurt you, but will distract you)
Special Ops - Secret Agents (if somebody has more than you, avoid them)
Fantasy - Vampires
Military - Rangers, Snipers, Apache Longbow

There are more, but that's just a summary.

Basicaly anything that fires before/after you, that will target your units and do heavy damage.

Stuff you can kill;

RPG players / Thug players (but really depends on whether or not they have their blueprints)

Depending on your setup you can kill most routes, some you can wipeout, others you will suffer damage as you take them out...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
...but you're a moron if you're looking for a route with absolutely no weaknesses.

lol. I wasn't calling him a moron.

And DaX, I'm quite within my rights to say your opinion is wrong. If MY opinion is that your opinion is wrong, then you can't tell me not to say it, since you would then be a hypocrit.

It seems to me that you don't know what the definition of "flexible" is. Apparently an inflexible route is one without character? K...

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

lol. I wasn't calling him a moron.

And DaX, I'm quite within my rights to say your opinion is wrong. If MY opinion is that your opinion is wrong, then you can't tell me not to say it, since you would then be a hypocrit.

It seems to me that you don't know what the definition of "flexible" is. Apparently an inflexible route is one without character? K...

They do a couple of jobs very well when they utilise a specific type of damage, but if you diversify to counter lots, then you lose efficiency to attack with. They are a health-based route with zilch armour. The concept bores me. End of.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Again, I haven't played the route, but I put research into every route even if I don't intend to play them.
At this stage I would just of teched SA's, if my plan for teching went as I planned. I'd go heavy SA with some supporting Assassins. Target all thug routes, RPG's, and if you're in an alliance, support Strikers and RPG's.
Also, I'd say this is one route I'd never choose to go. It's a very weak route when faced with anything like heavy armour, like apaches or Tyrant Drones, and they fall like flies to both these units in particular.
An inflexible route, with set weaknesses, with no margin for improvement. Something I hate in any route.

Lol wtf...
1. Tyrants don't have heavy armour, if you'd test assassins vs tyrants cost for cost, assassins would win hands down, obviously because assassins fire first. This is exactly why I normally go PA, to clear off some of the SO lethals before they fire, because if they do, they hurt even a robo with more CW than tyrants (and CW are, as we all know, far superior to tyrants when it comes to survivability).
2. Assassins don't fall like flies against apache, you got to take into account that you can buy 3 assassins per apache. I'd go even further, assassins are, after RPG, the best unit against a non-marine setup apache, and SO is probably the best route against an apache with marines.

As toby said, SO is quite probably the most flexible route in the game, since, again as he said, you have 2 early firing units doing the exact opposite damage. You could go thug/rpg hunting with SA, or apache (or even lower ranked robos with few/no PA) with assassins.

edit:
Dax said:
They do a couple of jobs very well when they utilise a specific type of damage, but if you diversify to counter lots, then you lose efficiency to attack with.
This is the same for pretty much every route. That's why people usually buy a ratio to counter a certain route (i.e. strikers buying mainly strikers to target armour, instead of getting a 1:1-like ratio striker:apache).

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
SO isn't the best route against strikers (other than rpg), marines or no marines. Nobody (good, high ranked at least) goes mass assassins without any (or many) SA. Lots of thugs go mass TL.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
SO isn't the best route against strikers (other than rpg), marines or no marines. Nobody (good, high ranked at least) goes mass assassins without any (or many) SA. Lots of thugs go mass TL.

Enlighten me then, please, which route does better against striker than rpg and assassin? TL do far less AD than assassins. I'm not saying many people DO kill striker with assassin, but you COULD. And that's what this is about.

And on your second part: That's funny, I remember Cheese killing me as a robo with assassins. Since then, neither SO nor robo have changed.
I somehow doubt he had loads of SA. ;)

Souls

Official Helper
I don't think that was his point. Mass TL kill a lot more than just strikers, where SO have to specify between AD or HD. :p

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Most things can kill most things at 30%. RPG can beat an SA at 30% with a proper set up. One specific battle isn't going to prove your point.

And I did enlighten you, so I believe this brief post has come to an end. Goodbye.

Zaheen

BANNED
Humvee rush would do it.

Anyway, this route isn't as good as most other routes, the best unit as said above is the blueprint (Secret Agents) and most people mass them and speficially target routes that are weak against them.

The main advantage of this route is stealth capabilities, so nobody will never know how many you have until they attack you, which can be a good or bad thing =]

What nobody has mentioned is the ability to save your land, at the start of the round the Sleeping Gas Trap is one of the best flak blockers, but you need a good amount of Yobs to sweep, depending on if you play Spike/Stealth Geo will determine how much you want to rely on your last tick, or full out stealth attacks (with Stealth Harvesters), just depends how active you are, and what type of player you are.

I'd always play with stealth geos, but you might want to try spike traps, can't run with them though =]

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Most things can kill most things at 30%. RPG can beat an SA at 30% with a proper set up. One specific battle isn't going to prove your point.

And I did enlighten you, so I believe this brief post has come to an end. Goodbye.

My point was that even at the top (battle I'm referring to was Cheese (in top 10) vs me (in top 20)) some people do buy mainly assassins, if only to attack a certain target.
I did not mean to prove that assassins do AD, or that they are good at killing apaches. Because if you want to debate that, I'll just let you believe whatever you want. :)

Alvestein

Garden Designer
kind of off topic but i'd just like to say thank you to Bcoy. you might be new but it's refreshing to see someone who has so much enthusiasm for bushtarion and all your questions bring a lot of the knowledge of the veteran playerbase to the forefront which im sure will help alot of other new players who are probably too shy to post for help like you.

Keep at it buddy! i look forward to playing with you hopefully in the future!

Bcoy

Weeder
kind of off topic but i'd just like to say thank you to Bcoy. you might be new but it's refreshing to see someone who has so much enthusiasm for bushtarion and all your questions bring a lot of the knowledge of the veteran playerbase to the forefront which im sure will help alot of other new players who are probably too shy to post for help like you.

Keep at it buddy! i look forward to playing with you hopefully in the future!

Hey thanks and your welcome.
My dad use too play still does but more casual and solo but i would certainly be looking to alliance up next round. One thing he did tell me was there are plenty of people always happy too help new players in Bush. Seems he was right.

Thanks too all that replied some very useful posts, Thanks :)