No Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagash

Weeder
Dachi has it right, i really really miss the old days

Angela had her core
Dutchies/Welshie had there Core players
Sordes/Core to an extent (Bobbin included when he could be arsed)
Foxx had the Bulgs for a couple of rounds that added interest
Darksider was an evil solo being the bane of existance for all the top allies
Martin had his crew also (which always included Polo)
Blackwolf had Virus
Twigley came in alot later

It was truely fantastic; not all competed every round but there was always 3/4 at least. Round 16-22 had some truely epic fights. My names not recogniseable but im an old player under a new name.

penguin

Official Helper
Round 16-22 had some truely epic fights.

But this isn't one of those rounds. The playerbase is dwindling.. therefore, less alliances and less people.
We did have a little rise of people there for a bit though.
But.. the problem is - finding core players is hard. I am known, and liked, by some of the players, but they already are core members for a different alliance. That makes it kind of hard to actually find me core members.
I look at it this way..
More people = new blood..
new blood gives us an opportunity to train them up.
Becoming 'new' core members.

Basically, I think it's because of the dwindling players that bush doesn't have that competitive nature.
Also, no alliance wars. I find alliance wars exciting.. yeah yeah.. no injuries and no insurance, but that wouldn't matter if your alliance is good enough.

I would def. lead again.. if I had 10 core members. I would def lead a ftw alliance.
First, the game needs more blood [IMO] to do that.

I agree with Twigs.. there isn't enough competition up in the higher ranks.. all the action is rank 5 and below.
The requirements for a ftw alliance is kind of high, driving off people to have 18 hours activity and full contactability.
And.. we are thirteen days in and rank 1 alliance already pulled away from rank 2.. which I'm thinking leaves rank 1 with no targets. :eek:

but there should be more players for the action that people seek.

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
This "core player" thing sounds like total crap to me. Yes, there are a few cores that tend to play together but I've played this game long enough to know that you can't always have the same group together. I've played in sooo many alliances and most of them haven't had anything in common.

This "core" sounds like one of the the many lame excuses. If you want to be picked by a good alliance - give your best and impress the good players. If you want to recruit good players - take a risk with someone who you might've never heard of. Those risks are generally successful - for example most of the recent alliances Twigley has lead there was always a high percentage of totally random guys who noone knew, and they all got good and are now in most ftw groups.

PS: This post might be totally irrelevant to what's being discussed but I can't possibly read all of the posts because of the high bullshit risk

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
this "core player" thing sounds like total crap to me. Yes, there are a few cores that tend to play together but i've played this game long enough to know that you can't always have the same group together. I've played in sooo many alliances and most of them haven't had anything in common.

This "core" sounds like one of the the many lame excuses. If you want to be picked by a good alliance - give your best and impress the good players. If you want to recruit good players - take a risk with someone who you might've never heard of. Those risks are generally successful - for example most of the recent alliances twigley has lead there was always a high percentage of totally random guys who noone knew, and they all got good and are now in most ftw groups.

Ps: This post might be totally irrelevant to what's being discussed but i can't possibly read all of the posts because of the high bullshit risk

qft

Zaheen

BANNED
Well, what a true decent top alliance would do in situations like this would be to break up...2-3 of their best online/active players should break up and rape the crap out of the entire alliance for personal glory and fame, and what a fun round that would be?

I've never played to win, and I don't think I ever would again - even if i found myself at rank 1 before the end I would probably try my best to bash out somebody I just think has been scorequeening, or somebody I just don't like for luls, I couldn't give a rats ass about my rank.

As for alliance/leadership goes, I think that having a contactability requirement is just a sad thing to do, I've always said that and it's not because I can't afford a mobile phone, it's just some poeple value their life more than others and prefer not to spend 80% of their day thiking about some game pixels. Why do you no lifers have to ruin the fun and kill the player base all the time, Twigley you've done it for about 3-5 rounds running now, you should have just stopped after 1 if there was no real competition, and if you keep the best 10 players at the time in any one alliance they'll most likely win anyway as people tend to give up after they die once.

Azzer has tried a million things to help make the game fun for others, from the stupid CRA and getting pro players like Kuda to play as Puppetmaster ; )

Players can change, or keep being pathetic...it doesn't bother me either way.

Last edited:

Stegosaurus

Pruner
I can't handle the competition. I don't wish to apply myself as much as those who do win. It's not fair that they should win because they're willing to put in the effort and contactability. They should play as poorly as I play so the game is fair for everyone.

I agree entirely! It's also unfair that I'm not allowed to play for the national rugby team. Just because I value my life more than spending 80% of my day kicking around a ball! Why should they get to win for being a bunch of no-lifers. :s

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Its the nature of the game, and indeed most other online games. Your success depends on your activity (albeit in Bushtarion more than many other games).

If you can afford this amount of time, you're capable of playing ftw. If you can't either quit or play ftf.

I don't like that this is the way it stands any more than the next guy - But there's simply no way of changing the fact that you excel at online games if your activity is through the roof. Nowadays, though, more and more people are getting pissed that despite liking a game, and wanting to put an amount of effort into it, they haven't got a chance because others (who may be crap at the game) have masses of time to throw about.

It wasn't a big issue a few years ago, it definitely is now.

-

The reason a lot of Bush players have headed over to Tribe Wars is because that requirement for activity is still there - But the account sharing function probably halves the amount of time you need to put forward to succeed. Bush isn't getting anything like that though, they're two completely different games.

Last edited:

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Its the nature of the game, and indeed most other online games. Your success depends on your activity (albeit in Bushtarion more than many other games).

If you can afford this amount of time, you're capable of playing ftw. If you can't either quit or play ftf.

I don't like that this is the way it stands any more than the next guy - But there's simply no way of changing the fact that you excel at online games if your activity is through the roof. Nowadays, though, more and more people are getting pissed that despite liking a game, and wanting to put an amount of effort into it, they haven't got a chance because others (who may be crap at the game) have masses of time to throw about.

It wasn't a big issue a few years ago, it definitely is now.

-

The reason a lot of Bush players have headed over to Tribe Wars is because that requirement for activity is still there - But the account sharing function probably halves the amount of time you need to put forward to succeed. Bush isn't getting anything like that though, they're two completely different games.

That and they've got JJ constantly advertising for them in our irc chan :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I remember you Jiggy =]

You know, what a true decent top alliance would do in situations like this would be to break up...

2-3 of their best online/active players should break up and rape the crap out of the entire alliance for personal glory and fame, and what a fun round that would be?

I've never played to win, and I don't think I ever would again - even if i found myself at rank 1 before the end I would probably try my best to bash out somebody I just think has been scorequeening, or somebody I just don't like for luls, I couldn't give a rats ass about my rank.

As for alliance/leadership goes, I think that having a contactability requirement is just a sad thing to do, I've always said that and it's not because I can't afford a mobile phone, it's just some poeple value their life more than others and prefer not to spend 80% of their day thiking about some game pixels.

Azzer has tried a million things to help make the game fun for others, from the stupid CRA and getting pro players like Kuda to play as Puppetmaster *lol*

I don't know, why you no lifers have to ruin the fun and kill the player base all the time, Twigley you've done it for about 3-5 rounds running now, you should have just stopped after 1 if there was no real competition, and if you keep the best 10 players at the time in any one alliance they'll most likely win anyway as people tend to give up after they die once.

Touche', an experienced player with the same opinion as my own.

Zaheen

BANNED
I can't handle the competition. I don't wish to apply myself as much as those who do win. It's not fair that they should win because they're willing to put in the effort and contactability. They should play as poorly as I play so the game is fair for everyone.

I agree entirely! It's also unfair that I'm not allowed to play for the national rugby team. Just because I value my life more than spending 80% of my day kicking around a ball! Why should they get to win for being a bunch of no-lifers. :s

You may have been rejected from the national rugby team because you are gay?

Anyway back on topic.

Games are suppose to be about fun, there is a big difference of being skillful in a sport and being a no life in a game. Dedicating your life to it, giving out your contact numbers to everybody just in case you get some incoming. Wow, awesome skill.

It's even funnier when these same people complain that there is no competition and that the game is boring.

Last edited:

vlad

Harvester
All this griping, the old days changed with game dynamics remember?

Welshie? Blackwolf? Angela, and for those inner circles, can't forget Jack (atlantisJack for some others iirc)...

Those were the days, they also had more than one alliance, also could be a Cash Whore, spend when need.

Wars meant war, less "Rank 1" involvement, till BW held all the cash and stayed low, beat all people into tiny scores.

All thats changed is what people play the game for. I used to play the game for rankings, beating a rival alliance, anoying LDA or Angela all night. Competition for rank 3-5 made the fun times, not the strive to rank 1. That meant stupid time.

Psst ... i also miss sordes, o did we have some great talks on game dynamics, understandings and unit ratios (why after 2 years out, i can still play like it was yesterday, Round 8 baby).

All i'm saying is people are hooked on the Rank 1 idea ... Just forget that, go back to playing for what you used to and see how things go. Lead an alliance without the 100% Contactability, it might be fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.